• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sunset Overdrive Trailer

Chettlar

Banned
I'm guessing because of trolls and a vocal minority dictating the whole direction of their brand. Green is on brand, orange isn't.

Limited edition then. Preorder edition. Something. No excuses.

I mean just look at how popular that is.

If I knew how to make polls, I make one for it.

Sighs..... I guess I have to buy an Xbox 1 now... Insomniac is one of my favorite devs, but I somehow thought this was gonna be multiplayer focused. Now that I see that isn't true how can I avoid it? I'm a Big infamous fan too. God I have to play this lol

jbug617

Banned
You guys like Fizzie's box art

BnOgbxgCEAAbTQF.jpg

Jigolo

good god the explosion effects are fantastic. the fire and smoke look excellent. and all the colors just pop

playing this on an OLED tv would be orgasmic

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
aren't we getting more info next week

I *think* they released their official trailer early. in other words, it was that that was supposed to come next week. so no, i'm not expecting more sadly.

op_ivy

original green case works better then orange case IMO. not against the idea of an orange LE of somesort, but the art would need to be reworked to make it appealing.

KissVibes

Banned
This looks to be to Infamous what Saints Row is to GTA. A less serious, less polished take on open world craziness. Preordered day one. Did they say this was coming in 2014? I hope so because the last game I bought for my Xbox One was Zoo Tycoon. Given Xbox One is going to be a single player exclusive console for me this game ticks every box. I love the focus on the single player campaign and this game can't come soon enough.

Less polished? Wha?

Ape

Banned
Have to say, Insomniac knocked it out of the park with this game. Totally killed it.

I'm going to buy the shit out of this game. Ughhhh wait for a release date!

Papacheeks

Banned
Agreed, it's unfortunate these type of tired jokes are not a bannable offence.100 hours is pretty good I would have thought, I'm still enjoying the game, only 50 hours in though. Also after reading the Final Hours I don't think it was rushed out the door, unless I missed something (totally possible).

There are some Snip-its in there that are not Direct, but implied they designed the game at a much faster pace, since they scraped Single player. Also when they were quoted saying the Challenge/ Experience system wasn't implemented till late December 2013. That's not enough time to compile, play test, and balance the game. Hence why A lot of people hate all the challenges, and the end game is underwhelming.

Once you go gen 2 or 3 you've seen what the game has to offer, there are no extra weapons, what you saw in the beta was a good representation of what you got.

The gameplay is addictive, but there's no long term game. Guns don't level up, nor do you regen past 3, unlock anything for your weapons.

Anyways, I was saying that so far Sunset Overdrive I hope doesn't get into the same scenario Respawn did, where they had to make some sacrifices in order to get the game gold and release on schedule.

Three words for y'all: "Limited Shelf Space". I'd kick the PS3 out and put an XBOX in its place, but then what if I want to play Red Dead Redemption or Puppeteer suddenly? What then?

Seriously though, I'm going to have to do this. I can't skip a new Insomniac IP when it looks like this.

Buy a bigger TV unit! :) The PS4 is small enough that a PS3 could probably live on top of it?

PaulloDEC

Buy a bigger TV unit! :) The PS4 is small enough that a PS3 could probably live on top of it?

I'm working with a built-in, and the PS4 is already bunking above the PS3 :(

At least HDMI is easier to plug in-and-out than the old composite/component plugs were. I can handle a little switching around from time to time.

Wow, this looks great. Really wasn't expecting much so i'm surprised. Love the way this game looks, not enough colorful games like this anymore.

Any word on if this game has dynamic day/night cycles, or is it fixed similar to infamous ?

op_ivy

Wow, this looks great. Really wasn't expecting much so i'm surprised. Love the way this game looks, not enough colorful games like this anymore.

Any word on if this game has dynamic day/night cycles, or is it fixed similar to infamous ?

infamous is fixed?

and yeah, is time of day dynamic in this?

m23

Day/night cycle is fixed, I think I read it here on gaf from stevenson.

VanWinkle

Still not getting the Infamous comparisons

What? How on earth could you not get it? It's an open world city with crazy traversal and some platforming elements and unique weaponry in third-person. Nobody is saying it's exactly the same, because it's not, but anybody who is "not getting" the comparison is being willfully ignorant.

What? How on earth could you not get it? It's an open world city with crazy traversal and some platforming elements and unique weaponry in third-person. Nobody is saying it's exactly the same, because it's not, but anybody who is "not getting" the comparison is being willfully ignorant.

First of all, calm down

Second, from a gameplay point of view, to me this looks a different game, I have Infamous Second Son by the way, played it, really enjoyed it. This looks different to me in terms of style, choices in abilities and weaponry. Do I think it looks better? Not sure until I've played it.

What possible benefit would there be to "wilfully ignorant " ?

It looks more like Crackdown to me - monsters also add to that with Crackdown 2.

sqwarlock

Looks promising, but I still don't see myself buying an Xbox One for it. At least not until further down the road when it's much cheaper.

see5harp

I see where the infamous comparisons come from because of the grinding. Really that's about it. I played crackdown 2 and I see where people see the mutants. As far as the parkour though, this seems like it's much more like infamous with the crazy lock on. It's one of the reasons I always preferred crackdown for exploration. To be fair to this game, there seems to be a lot more variety than infamous on rail movement.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

At least HDMI is easier to plug in-and-out than the old composite/component plugs were. I can handle a little switching around from time to time.

I will say, if you have a slim PS3, you can use the same power and HDMI cables the PS4 does. One thing that's super convenient.

Crackdown did it some years before Infamous, and it had vibrant colors as SO

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
There are some Snip-its in there that are not Direct, but implied they designed the game at a much faster pace, since they scraped Single player. Also when they were quoted saying the Challenge/ Experience system wasn't implemented till late December 2013. That's not enough time to compile, play test, and balance the game. Hence why A lot of people hate all the challenges, and the end game is underwhelming.

Once you go gen 2 or 3 you've seen what the game has to offer, there are no extra weapons, what you saw in the beta was a good representation of what you got.

The gameplay is addictive, but there's no long term game. Guns don't level up, nor do you regen past 3, unlock anything for your weapons.

Anyways, I was saying that so far Sunset Overdrive I hope doesn't get into the same scenario Respawn did, where they had to make some sacrifices in order to get the game gold and release on schedule.
Yeah I see your point, I am seeing the map maps come up over again, like the map rotation is broken. I don't really mind not having lots of weapon unlocks, in BF I don't use half of the unlocks for most of the guns but that is down to personal preference.

You could get an HDMI switcher box with a remote. I did have one many moons ago with my first HD TV that had only 2 HDMI ports, unless I'm totally misreading your problem, then sorry!

the gif just getting better and better

PoshGlossyAuk.gif
That's brilliant, I really hope this game lives up to the hype.

Top Bottom