• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sunset Overdrive Trailer

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Looking good! The art style and colors are vibrant as fuck, yaaay. Animations/transition speed could definitely be improved & J mentioned that animators are still hard at work. This is the first Xbone title I actually want to play.

LTWheels

They invited Journalist for Arkham Knight and it couldn't even run properly.

Your point?

From E3 announcment trailer and to Fall 2014 Year and a half to complete a game, with tons of content?

As they've stated they are going to probably roll out the rest of the game, and charge DLC.

We've seen how Titanfall came out. I have over 100 Hours on it, and I'm pretty bored out of my mind and sick of it. There isn't enough content, and the FInal Hours shows how the game was rushed to make March date to help Xbone out.

Christ only a hundred hours! Clearly you have been ripped off. Would only pay £15 for 100 hours worth of game time.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
yup, it's published by Microsoft.

Come on in, the water's just fine!

Unrelated but how are the guys in the office enjoying the reception the game is getting? Must be nice to finally show it off.

I don't have the power to make Microsoft change their boxes.

But I'll ask.

(I'd say the chance of that happening is minimal... but I'll ask!)

Don't listen to them, they have bad taste. :p The original one with the contrast between the cover art and the green looks much better than the all in orange look.

elfinke

Hmmm, I was bored after a couple minutes. Sure looked nice though, very clean and smooth aesthetic. But there are only so many explosions and no-risk grind/parkour manoeuvres I can sit through while eating breakfast (lol) before I switch off.

Not sure what this game is; Dead Rising with Ratchet and Clank sensibilities? Crackdown with L4D multiplayer and more colour? I'm interested (much love for anyone involved with GOAT R&C games), but probably not AUD$650 interested. Keen to see what else comes out through E3.

Proponent

Banned
Speaking of the cover, it should come in an orange case like this:

FAjAgNF.jpg

I approve of this.

We've seen how Titanfall came out. I have over 100 Hours on it, and I'm pretty bored out of my mind and sick of it. There isn't enough content

What a little trooper you were, slogging through those content-less 100 hours. Sounds like it was miserable!

Hoping over to your podcast now to get more of this analysis.

RSB

Banned
Don't listen to them, they have bad taste. :p The original one with the contrast between the cover art and the green looks much better than the all in orange look.
Agreed. All orange looks ok, but green and orange looks better.

The game looks amazing BTW. It's like an awesome fusion between Crackdown, Infamous, and Jet Set Radio (all games I love) The art style is great too. Would play.

sn00zer

Has anyone noticed that they really seem to chew out FUSE in the trailer?

"Takes the concept of the boring copy pasted shooter, flips it on its ugly head...."
"Plus its a hell of a lot more fun than cowering behind a crate"

Papacheeks

Banned
Christ only a hundred hours! Clearly you have been ripped off. Would only pay £15 for 100 hours worth of game time.

I play it cause there is nothing else for me to play until Watch dogs.

I would have more, each left 4 dead game I have triple the amount of time, because there is more content.

There's nothing left to play on titanfall, after your regen for your first time. Once you've done that you've seen everything the game has to offer.

Hours spent in a game is not indicative to the amount of content the game has on disc.

Which was what my previous post was getting at.

The fact they are advertising DLC for Sunset, 4-6 months before release is kind of crazy.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
the car can fly ?
Not just fly, probably can transform as well knowing insomniac and their crazy ass weapons. ;P
J, tell the team to make one that will make all cars transform into robots and dance. Then explode at the final note and deal massive proximity damage.

Papacheeks

Banned
What a little trooper you were, slogging through those content-less 100 hours. Sounds like it was miserable!

Hoping over to your podcast now to get more of this analysis.

Well good luck as I haven't had an Episode since December.

Not enough time to do it anymore, and the people I did it with moved away.

100 hours is nothing for a shooter, Counter Strike I had over 400. Plus a lot of those hours for Titanfall were from Hosting once the option came.

Chettlar

Banned
quantum_break_harses.jpg

image_36147_620.jpg

Phil is infiltrating everything.

ROFL!

Speaking of the cover, it should come in an orange case like this:

FAjAgNF.jpg

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT.

I don't have the power to make Microsoft change their boxes.

But I'll ask.

(I'd say the chance of that happening is minimal... but I'll ask!)

Why not have Microsoft set up a poll kind of thing? Like on Facebook, Twitter, GAF, and places. Have people vote for it to gage the popularity kind of thing, see?

Grudy

Has anyone noticed that they really seem to chew out FUSE in the trailer?

"Takes the concept of the boring copy pasted shooter, flips it on its ugly head...."
"Plus its a hell of a lot more fun than cowering behind a crate"

I think they, like everyone, just pretend it doesn't exist.

Miles X

ROFL!

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT.

Why not have Microsoft set up a poll kind of thing? Like on Facebook, Twitter, GAF, and places. Have people vote for it to gage the popularity kind of thing, see?

I honestly don't know why they don't do more of this 'market research' fans would find it welcoming!!

Randoug

Banned
Ok this has won me over. It looks fantastic both art and gameplay wise...I don't have XBONE though :( ....I really wish this was multiplat

Looked kind of boring, the art style doesn't do it for me at all and I love cartoony games. Main character design is soooooo bad

Looked kind of boring, the art style doesn't do it for me at all and I love cartoony games. Main character design is soooooo bad

The main character is 100% customizable, male or female. So there is no "main character" design. You can even choose between 6 races apparently.

0racle

For the first time in YEARS I have been overcome with excitement !!!!

This game is bonkers ! I honestly believe insomniac has broken the mold with game design and will be looked back as a game changer in terms of shedding light on creativity rather than generic scapegoats.

Sure, my statement is huge; don't get me wrong I have been "excited" many times over with resent releases but it was due to me knowing that a game with a previous track record will be coming out again albeit with improvements.

This game fundamentally appears to get everything right with videogames, something that most ~30 year old gamers will relate too from our years of experience. Insomniac need every once of praise this game is getting right now. They are truly living out their dreams through development and have given me that feeling of downright bliss I remember having when flipping through pages of an EGM magazine after rocking it in Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate at the arcade.

God bless you insomniac

The main character is 100% customizable, male or female. So there is no "main character" design. You can even choose between 6 races apparently.

Good to hear about that at least, gameplay wise it look as fun as infamous in terms of getting from place to place with the powers. The neon dash in infamous was the most fun I've had moving in an open world game

For the first time in YEARS I have been overcome with excitement !!!!

This game is bonkers ! I honestly believe insomniac has broken the mold with game design and will be looked back as a game changer in terms of shedding light on creativity rather than generic scapegoats.

Sure, my statement is huge; don't get me wrong I have been "excited" many times over with resent releases but it was due to me knowing that a game with a previous track record will be coming out again albeit with improvements.

This game fundamentally appears to get everything right with videogames, something that most ~30 year old gamers will relate too from our years of experience. Insomniac need every once of praise this game is getting right now. They are truly living out their dreams through development and have given me that feeling of downright bliss I remember having when flipping through pages of an EGM magazine after rocking it in Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate at the arcade.

God bless you insomniac

Hard to take a post seriously after that kind of hyperbole

The first trailer of this totally turned me off. I had zero interest. This game play has me hoping that the Xbox One has a price drop some time soon.

JLeack

Banned
Hmmm, I was bored after a couple minutes. Sure looked nice though, very clean and smooth aesthetic. But there are only so many explosions and no-risk grind/parkour manoeuvres I can sit through while eating breakfast (lol) before I switch off.

Not sure what this game is; Dead Rising with Ratchet and Clank sensibilities? Crackdown with L4D multiplayer and more colour? I'm interested (much love for anyone involved with GOAT R&C games), but probably not AUD$650 interested. Keen to see what else comes out through E3.

You can make any game sound boring when you describe them like that.

Name a game, any game.

It's definitely a flamboyant game. It won't appeal to everyone. But I think the gameplay and environments look far from boring.

manixramz

Neo Member
after all this year , 2nd xbox game that interest the hell out me ,

1st one is gears of war , might buy x1 when this game is 3 months old .

cause it might be timed exclusive lol

UrbanRats

Maybe a special edition. A lot of folk like the games on their shelves to look the same especially if they have OCD.
I'm the opposite, i especially love games with a different colored case.

I mean i didn't even like the game, yet the black Killer Instinct cartridge for SNES, is going to be burned into my mind, for the rest of my life.

Sometimes, staying "on brand" just means you're blending in.

PSGames

I'm guessing because of trolls and a vocal minority dictating the whole direction of their brand. Green is on brand, orange isn't.

Nothing wrong with adding a little color for an exclusive tent pole title every now and then.

Nintendo does it with Zelda and some Mario games all the time.

Top Bottom