• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TGS 2006 Summary Megathread

Ceb said:
I don't know, man... MS got ****ing SLAMMED by the Japanese press over the price of the X360. I don't think they're that big spenders anymore.

:lol no one bought (or planned to buy) a 360 in Japan anyway, so I'm not sure how strong your point is, my friend.:D

1) Expensive or not, PS3 has a good first few months. Much better than what was on the PS2, which was basically Ridge Racer V, Tekken Tag Tournament, and then a batch of mediocre games that wouldn't even get a glance today in 2006.

2) I have to commend Microsoft. I like how there are now three significant RPGs in development for the 360. All of them look ace too. You can tell Microsoft is trying to get a more balanced lineup with the 360 as opposed to the action packed, racing filled library of the original Xbox. I'll be looking forward to owning all of these games as they come out.

3) Sonic the Hedgehog looks like FF8 meshed with Sonic. I was not going to get this game but now I will wait a bit. Sure, it probably won't be as good as Wild Fire but I'd be willing to give this game a chance if it delivers.

4) GTHD is a joke and I hope nobody buys all the microtransactions. I imagine a few idiots will but if this model becomes successful, I fear the future of racing games.

So was a new Heavenly Sword demo shown?

Also what was that thing Scoot(I think) was on about on Friday evening, at a Sony HQ, was it just drinks and cheese?

Rody

mintosen said:
best in show for me, Ferrari Enzo in Gran Turismo HD!
just saw the official trailer, and my eyes almost popped out =)

It's a F430, actually, but it wouldn't be surprising if the Enzo is also there.

I gotta admit, seeing Ferrari in GT was pretty shocking and exciting news for me. I've been waiting for this since the very first version of the game. I hope they also put Porsche and Lamborghini.

Yochoko

I didn't know where to post, I put them here...?

Well, these are PSPs which are coming out soon.

my.php

my.php

And these are just concept PSPs, so not for sales.

my.php

my.php

DCharlie said:
www.game-science.com has impressions from me and Jonnyram.

Nice impressions, nice site fellas! Liked the brief elucidation on BD's jobs system. The Mistwalker games are definitely looking to be correctly summed up by my friend when he said "Which Final Fantasy do you want to play, VIII or IX?"

Both please!

:D

Top Bottom