• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Transformers: The Movie thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
SanjuroTsubaki said:
Notice the lol. How one film's director has gained almost full trust from his fanbase and the other makes his fanbase ****ing insane.

Michael Bay has a fanbase? lol.

Saw this floating around, not a bad quick little 'shop.

primeleak.gif

Cauliflower of Love said:
=(

Too much car parts.

???

?

Edit: If you mean too many gears/wires/servos/hyrdaulics showing the TF's internals and how they work, I would kinda agree although it don't bother me too much. But those aren't really car parts anyways, they're the tranformer's robot form's meat and guts. which granted, should be protected from blaster fire (did I just ****ing type that?) (have I just contributed multiple posts to a transformers thread - for the recored, this is my inner child coming out and not inner geek)

mamacint said:

It's too messy....

I thought these were supposed to be nigh-unstoppable? I see their weakness...just go up and pull their coolant hose and watch them freeze up.

I think Bay REALLY missed the point with this.

ROBOTS in Disguise... not CARS DISGUISED AS ROBOTS.

Tedesco!

I remember Bay saying something to the effect that the robots were going to be as "real" as possible, meaning no hidden parts, or magically dissapearing parts. That being said, I have no prob with the pics.

TheWolf

Banned
looks good. it gets Optimus' color scheme across without looking cheesy. just like the Spider-Man movie costume, it doesn't look completely out of place in a real world setting.

jett

D-Member
mamacint said:
Saw this floating around, not a bad quick little 'shop.

primeleak.gif
Just a question, but did anyone stop to think this might be in the middle of transforming? Note the forearms aren't completely sealed, leading to a guess that the shoulders are on their way in also. Even the pose suggests a stance that Prime is transforming.

kojacker

Mr. Spinnington said:
Just a question, but did anyone stop to think this might be in the middle of transforming? Note the forearms aren't completely sealed, leading to a guess that the shoulders are on their way in also. Even the pose suggests a stance that Prime is transforming.
i thought, with this shape of truck, Prime was going to have those HUGE shoulders.

r_laserrodoptimusprime026.jpg

But they look normal in that "new" knockup... so where's the nose of the cab?

Hopefully prime hasn't been given a hump... or a boob job.

aparisi2274

Here it is folks... The news we have been waiting for...

Giant Freakin' Robots are coming.

It's here. Finally -- the word we've been waiting for. The announcement of ALL the TRANSFORMERS appearing in the film.

On Friday, 8/18, at 11am, the screenwriters - Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman - will announce the character names via a live webchat on Yahoo.

For fans, this is our chance to interact with the screenwriters, ask them questions via text and hear their answers live!

A live chat. With the writers. Of TRANSFORMERS. 'Nuff said.

On Friday morning, go to www.TransformersMovie.com for the link to Webcast!

See you online, everyone. Roll out.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
aparisi2274 said:
Here it is folks... The news we have been waiting for...

I got this in an e-mail tonight from Paramount.

It's also on the offical website and you can submit questions.

Outcast2004 said:
I REALLY don't like they way they are going with the bots.

That being a whole mess of exposed wiring and pistons and engines... Just seems..... amatuer
This is character art. He's either in the middle of transforming or he has his flaps open so you can see under them. Look at the flap that's hanging off his tricept. That's open. When it closes, it wraps around his arm and closes over his bicept, concealing everything underneath.

Again, since these are character model sheets they're likely either in the middle of transforming, or they've got their hoods up, so to speak, so the artists can see their innards and how they work. I seriously doubt Prime is going to have flimsy metal flaps hanging off the backs of his gear-exposed arms.

Also, why do you keep repeating "They're ROBOTS in DISGUISE."? Yes, they are giant robots, and they are disguised as cars. When they transform, they are no longer in disguise. They are robots. What's your point?

WordAssassin said:
Also, why do you keep repeating "They're ROBOTS in DISGUISE."? Yes, they are giant robots, and they are disguised as cars. When they transform, they are no longer in disguise. They are robots. What's your point?

From everything I've seen so far, the design aspects are reversed. The designs seem to focus as the characters being CARS first and their robot forms second. As if they cars that just so happen to turn in robots, not the other way around.

Especially considering what supposedly happens to Bumblebee in the moive. *geek hat on* These are supposedly alien life forms, you shouldn't have a kid be able to overhaul one.

Are you getting what I'm shooting for here?

teiresias

Outcast2004 said:
From everything I've seen so far, the design aspects are reversed. The designs seem to focus as the characters being CARS first and their robot forms second. As if they cars that just so happen to turn in robots, not the other way around.

Especially considering what supposedly happens to Bumblebee in the moive. *geek hat on* These are supposedly alien life forms, you shouldn't have a kid be able to overhaul one.

I don't get your issue, even in the cartoon the Transformers on Earth seem to have a fundamentally different "look" in robot form than robots we see in flashbacks to Cybertron. I forget the computer's name that revived the Autobots in the cartoon and "refurbished" them into earth-based vehicles, but it's obvious they would have to have some cosmetic changes to their robot forms to achieve such a thing.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
teiresias said:
I don't get your issue, even in the cartoon the Transformers on Earth seem to have a fundamentally different "look" in robot form than robots we see in flashbacks to Cybertron. I forget the computer's name that revived the Autobots in the cartoon and "refurbished" them into earth-based vehicles, but it's obvious they would have to have some cosmetic changes to their robot forms to achieve such a thing.

I believe that was Teletraan I... curse my Transformers geekness!

kojacker

Outcast2004 said:

Yeah, I think you're on to something there.

If I can put on my geeky hat for the moment, the most outrageous thing I've seen released so far has been the rewriting of Beagle 2 in the teaser.

ffs they must think we're idiots. Couldn't they have just made up a story that suited? Redesigning the robots is annoying, but completely redesigning the only bit of factual mechatronic equipment in the film is to much
though I'm probably the only one who cares

teiresias

kojacker said:
Yeah, I think you're on to something there.

If I can put on my geeky hat for the moment, the most outrageous thing I've seen released so far has been the rewriting of Beagle 2 in the teaser.

ffs they must think we're idiots. Couldn't they have just made up a story that suited? Redesigning the robots is annoying, but completely redesigning the only bit of factual mechatronic equipment in the film is to much
though I'm probably the only one who cares

I work for NASA and couldn't give a hoot about the Beagle 2 thing, though that admittedly wasn't ours - thankfully - I mean, jeez, it's a freaking movie. I'm sure they were horribly concerned with portraying what happened with Beagle 2 in a factual light just before the silhouette of a Transformer shows up on screen.

kojacker

teiresias said:
I work for NASA and couldn't give a hoot about the Beagle 2 thing, though that admittedly wasn't ours - thankfully - I mean, jeez, it's a freaking movie. I'm sure they were horribly concerned with portraying what happened with Beagle 2 in a factual light just before the silhouette of a Transformer shows up on screen.
So why put it in there the way they did? What was the point? they could have at least made it look or behave as beagle should have.

That's all I'm saying.

And it seems they didn't have the courtesy to inform the beagle team they'd be using it
http://www.miltonkeynestoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=415&ArticleID=1625974

For those who never heard of beagle (which isn't surprising if you're outside UK, it was a gallant flop) what I'm irked about is this

wikipedia said:
Beagle 2 in fiction

The concept of the Beagle 2 mission was used in the trailer for the Transformers (2007) motion picture. Strangely enough the trailer shows the Beagle 2 having and deploying a rover similar to NASA's Mars Pathfinder missions. The Beagle 2 did not carry a rover.

refreshZ

Yeah I agree to an extent.

It just seems REALLY lazy - and to get so far without anyone bothering to inform the team let alone check the factual accuracy (about 10 seconds work with Google) just screams WTF.

teiresias said:

I'm really doig a terrible job of explaining my gripe. I know that much. It was early and I was still groggy.

My beef is this. The way that I've seen the designs for the movie so far seems to have gone on the idea of being a car/vehicle first and the robot form as almost an after thought. They wouldn't have to be a fully functioning automobile, just have to look like one.

The idea of
Spike disassembling Bumblebee and making him into a brand new car
just doesn't sit well for some reason. It supposed to be a living thing from another world. I'm just not getting that "alien" vibe. I just don't see alot of "Transformers" in this so far. From the physical Bumblebee model to the new renders of Prime, it all just looks too messy to me.... and not very "battle friendly"

My gripe is strictly with the design work done so far. I really don't have a lot of faith in Bay to do this right.

Deku said:
That'd make a pretty awesome "banstick" image. Just add something like: "Prime sez... Roll your @$$ outta here!"

Waitasec... That's from a storybook, isn't it? I think I actually have that one somewhere. o_@

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Spike Spiegel said:
That'd make a pretty awesome "banstick" image. Just add something like: "Prime sez... Roll your @$$ outta here!"

:lol :lol :lol

Spike Spiegel said:

Waitasec... That's from a storybook, isn't it? I think I actually have that one somewhere. o_@

I'm on it....

Outcast2004 said:
I'm really doig a terrible job of explaining my gripe. I know that much. It was early and I was still groggy.

My beef is this. The way that I've seen the designs for the movie so far seems to have gone on the idea of being a car/vehicle first and the robot form as almost an after thought. They wouldn't have to be a fully functioning automobile, just have to look like one.

The idea of
just doesn't sit well for some reason. It supposed to be a living thing from another world. I'm just not getting that "alien" vibe. I just don't see alot of "Transformers" in this so far. From the physical Bumblebee model to the new renders of Prime, it all just looks too messy to me.... and not very "battle friendly"

My gripe is strictly with the design work done so far. I really don't have a lot of faith in Bay to do this right.

I know exactly what your saying, and I agree. Transformers robots cover up their robot parts with earth "shells". They're not earth things modified to become robots.

I too cannot put this into proper words.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Outcast2004 said:
The idea of
just doesn't sit well for some reason.

It's pretty much the premise of Alternators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom