• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Transformers: The Movie thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
ManaByte said:
Quint was on the set of Transformers, you weren't. That IS Optimus and this movie officially sucks now.

Yes he was. Read up further I was the one that posted it in this thread. He clearly says HE DID NOT TAKE THIS PICTURE. It was sent to him from a "source in Dreamworks". I still call bullshit.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Ponn01 said:
Yes he was. Read up further I was the one that posted it in this thread. He clearly says HE DID NOT TAKE THIS PICTURE. It was sent to him from a "source in Dreamworks". I still call bullshit.

He was covering his ass. If HE took the picture while on the set, he'd be ****ed. By saying it was sent to him, he is covered. He saw Optimus on the set, which is why he posted the picture; because it is real.

Check this out though, saw it in the comments at AICN...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyfk6Zo7HtM&mode=related&search=transformers

It appears to be some sort of toy maker promo reel. It mixes in peoples memories of TFs with some the fanmade footage that's been floating around. However, look at the last 30s of footage, it looks like they show rough CGI of some of the transformers from the movie, which kind of match the script descriptions from earlier in the thread

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
mamacint said:
Check this out though, say it in the comments at AICN...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyfk6Zo7HtM&mode=related&search=transformers

It appears to be some sort of toy maker promo reel. It mixes in peoples memories of TFs with some the fanmade footage that's been floating around. However, look at the last 30s of footage, it looks like they show rough CGI of some of the transformers from the movie, which kind of match the script descriptions from earlier in the thread

NOT AGAIN! NOT AGAIN!

That footage in that video is from a commercial. That video should be wiped from the internet so people will stop posting the ****ing thing claiming it's from the movie.

ManaByte said:
NOT AGAIN! NOT AGAIN!

That footage in that video is from a commercial. That video should be wiped from the internet so people will stop posting the ****ing thing claiming it's from the movie.

It's not the dancing VW beetle for ****s sakes, just go watch go watch the last 30s of the **** video, cripes...

Ponn

Banned
ManaByte said:
He was covering his ass. If HE took the picture while on the set, he'd be ****ed. By saying it was sent to him, he is covered. He saw Optimus on the set, which is why he posted the picture; because it is real.

:lol WTF!:lol

xsarien

daedsiluap
ManaByte said:
042804khaaaan2cp.png

Quint was on the set of Transformers, you weren't. That IS Optimus and this movie officially sucks now.

Yes, this movie will live and die by Optimus' paint job. Mana, I hope you'll able to keep your panties from getting all up in a bunch when you find out that Bumblebee won't be a VW.

If this is Prime, it really is tantamount to bitching about the black leather jumpsuits in X-Men.

Also, there's more than one truck Transformer in the fiction. Given the movie's going to be a continuity reset that will (likely? hopefully?) have a plot a bit deeper than a sandbox - or any given G1 episode - this could be Nemesis Prime if it's a Prime at all.

xsarien said:
Yes, this movie will live and die by Optimus' paint job. Mana, I hope you'll able to keep your panties from getting all up in a bunch when you find out that Bumblebee won't be a VW.

If this is Prime, it really is tantamount to bitching about the black leather jumpsuits in X-Men.

Also, there's more than one truck Transformer in the fiction. Given the movie's going to be a continuity reset that will (likely? hopefully?) have a plot a bit deeper than a sandbox - or any given G1 episode - this could be Nemesis Prime if it's a Prime at all.

Or maybe it's the truck that Optimus "scans" and models himself after, but he decides to go with the dark red paint scheme that made our childhood complete.

Amir0x

Banned
Look, I think the Transformers movie will suck despite their choices of transformers... but jesus christ, Manabyte, this is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen! Do you even think about the heirarchy we're talking about?

I mean we've got

Hardcore Gamers
Hardcore Comicbook fans
Lord of the Rings fanatics
Star Wars fanatics
Harry Potter fanatics
Star Trek fanatics
Battlestar Galactica fanatics
Transformers fanatics

etc

And do you know, you're like ALL of them. you're crying about ****ing Optimus ruining an entire movie. JUST because he is there. I mean, it doesn't matter what they decide to do with the ****ing movie, optimus is there... so it's destroyed!

Good ****ing grief. I'm not trying to be mean Manabyte, but you're basically guaranteeing yourself a life of perpetual virginity. Heck, even if you weren't a virgin, we're edging on reverting back to such a state with this shit.

I hope to heck that isn't Optimus. They can mess up some of the lesser Autobots like Bumblebee for all I care for but you don't mess with the main man.

If his TRUCK form looked like that his Robot form would be all wrong. And Optimus is too bad ass to be done wrong

TF83-con_prime.gif

Well it could be worse... He could be a firetruck...

I bet you that's Motor Master. At least then the paint sceem would make sense.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Angels of a Wing said:
I hope to heck that isn't Optimus. They can mess up some of the lesser Autobots like Bumblebee for all I care for but you don't mess with the main man.

If his TRUCK form looked like that his Robot form would be all wrong. And Optimus is too bad ass to be done wrong

I hate to break it to you, but this wouldn't be the first time Optimus would be a long-nose truck.

xsarien said:
I hate to break it to you, but this wouldn't be the first time Optimus would be a long-nose truck.

do you have pics? i'm trying to imagine it but i keep seeing optimus with a pair of big ol' titties.

xsarien said:

I don't care G1 Optimus is THE Optimus as far as I'm conserend. Except for Beast Wars Optimus Primal, No other Optimus comes close to being half as bad ass as he was.

The sceen in the movie where he steam rolls several decepticons as a truck then transforms and shoots some more while the song the touch is playing shows just how damn bad ass he is.

Optimus Prime is the leader of the heroic Autobots. Had he been born a human, he could have been a doctor, a mechanic, a scientist, or a warrior - but on Cybertron, Prime puts all his talent to use to improve the world around him. Immensely kind and compassionate, Prime has dedicated himself to the protection of all life, particularly the inhabitants of Earth, and will battle his foes with unyielding resolve to uphold this belief. In power and intelligence, Optimus Prime has no equal, known as one of the greatest heroes on both Cybertron and Earth.

One of Prime's most notable characteristics was his adamant commitment to leadership by example, and avoidance of any hypocrisy in his command.

Consistent with his appearance, he had an aura of tremendous size, strength, and authority, but which at the same time was overlaid with a sense of equally great compassion and benevolence, and at times, sorrow and fatigue. Archetypically speaking, Prime was a somewhat tragic paladin whose primary motivations were both his desire for peaceful existence, and his sacrificial concern for the welfare of those other than himself. Although his massive shoulders were able to carry it, the burden of his command weighed very heavily.

Optimus Prime is the archetype Transformer. Get him wrong and you mess up the entire story. I can except Megatron being a Tank but nobody ****s with Prime!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
uh oh, its an Extreme transformer, complete with flame decals...

:lol

Seriously though...that can't be Optimus Prime...

thefit said:
Maybe its emo prime?

Maybe?, did you see Pearl Harbor? It's absolutely emo prime, he's going to be all overly dramatic and suicidal over his average looking girlfriend leaving and completely immersed in the truth of dashboard confessionals lyrics. Clearly we have only one choice...we must kill Micheal Bay.

SHIT, where did I put that faux script someone cooked up at RPGfan back when this movie was announced; it fits this so well. Lemme hunt that badboy down...

Wheeljack539

Gold Member
bune duggy said:
are those out of order? because Prime uses his left hand to punch Hot Rod, but in the first picture he's definately missing that arm.

Yes, it's out of order. Order is 3 - 4 - 1 - 2.

I once had a pic of a bust someone did of Prime's face in the 2nd pic.

Beowvlf

Banned
I swear I thought I remembered someone on the board having an animated gif avatar of what looked like a truck transforming. What was up with that?

aparisi2274

I wish I still had the pic, but when I started this thread, I had a pic of the full size Optimus truck from the SDCC last year. It was all covered in Tarp, but it was a full scale replica of the G1 prime we all know and love, so my question is this, if you have that truck built, then why not use it in the movie...

I really hope they dont f.uck with the way Optimus looks. I think we need to flood the Don Murphy website and post on his forums how f.ucked up this looks and how it needs to NOT happen

Cauliflower of Love said:
They probably choes that style of truck to give his forearms some gurth, while maintaining a plausible transformation.

That's what I was kinda thinking, they went with that style to get the largest possible robot they could (extended nose, cab, etc.), although that doesn't quite explain the flames.

mamacint said:
They also show these from a toyline:

r_laserrodoptimusprime005.jpg

r_laserrodoptimusprime013.jpg

r_laserrodoptimusprime030.jpg

r_laserrodoptimusprime026.jpg
noo! that's the same mold as Nemesis Prime (and G2 prime, I think?) why would they be reusing these decade-plus-old molds for a new 2006 toyline based on the movie? Shouldn't it be a little flashier?

EDIT: whoops, I meant Scourge. I forgot that's what the original name was until they changed it to Nemesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom