• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Transformers: The Movie thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bune duggy said:
noo! that's the same mold as Nemesis Prime (and G2 prime, I think?) why would they be reusing these decade-plus-old molds for a new 2006 toyline based on the movie? Shouldn't it be a little flashier?

EDIT: whoops, I meant Scourge. I forgot that's what the original name was until they changed it to Nemesis.

Dude.... tose are pics from an OLD TOYLINE...nothing related to the movie.

HEll, the movie designs are still under lock and key. I'm sure they toy designs are as well.

aparisi2274

The following info comes courtesy of AutobotWonko from the tfans.com forums.

I forgot to post this last night. I got Toyfare 109 in the mail yesterday and on pager 48 and 49 there is some possible new information about the live action movie.

The Article:
Cybertron does appear in the film, but most takes place in the American Southwest.

Rumored battle in downtown LA

Humans:
Spike will be Sam Witwicky and Sparkplug is still Sparkplug

Bernie Mac sell Bumblebee to Sparkplug

Josh Duhamel is Commander Lennox and he leaders an elite military unit to "fight a garantuan Scorponok in the desert!"

Bot Roll Call (no pictures, just text):

Optimus Prime, there is rumored test footage aout there if you google "Transformer Test Video"

Bumblebee is a yellow 1975 Camaro.

Ironhide is a pickup truck

Jazz and Ratchet are unsure beyond Jazz will be pimped out and Ratchet a ambulance.

Megatron is a Cybertronian Jet

Starscream is a F-22 Raptor jet

Devastator is a M-1 Abrams Tank

Brawl is a police car.

And finally, Soundwave: "Now a boombox (he supposedly sneaks onto Air Force One!), this fan-favorite reportedly stands 4 1/2 feet tall and may be renamed Soundbyte!"

Rant and discuss!

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
aparisi2274 said:
The following info comes courtesy of AutobotWonko from the tfans.com forums.

Some of that has already been confirmed. Soundbyte is real. They're saving Soundwave for the second movie (if there is one...)

And that "Transformers Test Footage" needs to mother****ing DIE already.

Megatron IS a Cybertronian Jet. He's frozen in the artic, which is why he's a Cybertron Jet and not an Earth jet. He's where Earth was harvesting their technology from.

Bumblebee is also a 2008 Camaro in addition to the 1975 Camaro.

xsarien

daedsiluap
ManaByte said:
Some of that has already been confirmed. Soundbyte is real. They're saving Soundwave for the second movie (if there is one...)

And that "Transformers Test Footage" needs to mother****ing DIE already.

Megatron IS a Cybertronian Jet. He's frozen in the artic, which is why he's a Cybertron Jet and not an Earth jet. He's where Earth was harvesting their technology from.

You're confusing Jetfire and Megatron.

aparisi2274

Here is a pic of an F-22 Raptor in case anyone wants to get an idea on what Starscream will look like:

f22_raptor_hir0617_01.jpg

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
MICHAEL BAY'S PEOPLE SAY THE OPTIMUS PRIME PIC IS REAL

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23858

-They (Bay & Co.) are commited to maintaining total secrecy about this project until it hits the screen. We spoke of how there was no surprise factor to Peter Jackson's King Kong. You knew the whole movie ahead of time. There are some in the team who believe the audience's first peak of the robots in their normal mode should be when they sit down to watch the movie in the theater (in other words, no sneak peak of them in their normal mode in the trailers).

-Bay & crew are well aware of sites putting out BS info in orded to elicit a response from Bay & Co.

-The reasons why they went with a huge long nose truck for OP (BTW, regarding the flames, there is a context for them like Orci pointed out). Bay said they did test with flat noses (FN) for scale purposes, and the FN would only be about 20 to 25 feet tall, so they went with the biggest truck they could find: the Peterbilt. We're talking 40 to 50 foot tall robots here. The physics for these robots have to be real...aka no magically disappearing parts. Also, OP is going to have much more red than what was shown in the supposedly "leaked" photo.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They flames don't bother me much. Like Bay is saying, I'm sure there is something story related to explain them.

And I agree 100% on not seeing the robots until the movie is released.

xsarien

daedsiluap
bjork said:
So he's going to become Goldbug?

With the amount of money Hasbro probably had to pay to get the Bumblebee trademark back (they lost it), I doubt they'd toss it aside so soon.

bjork

I didn't read the whole thread, but did they say which cassettes will make it in the movie? Seems like Rumble is a must, and Lazerbeak.

jett

D-Member
At least they're trying to make the TFs be really ****ing big.

They won't stop the leaks, I'm sure we'll see them in robot mode long before the movie hits. Shit we saw a half-transformed Bumblebee didn't we? :p

-The reasons why they went with a huge long nose truck for OP (BTW, regarding the flames, there is a context for them like Orci pointed out). Bay said they did test with flat noses (FN) for scale purposes, and the FN would only be about 20 to 25 feet tall, so they went with the biggest truck they could find: the Peterbilt. We're talking 40 to 50 foot tall robots here. The physics for these robots have to be real...aka no magically disappearing parts. Also, OP is going to have much more red than what was shown in the supposedly "leaked" photo.

so I guess Megatron being a gun, or Soundwave being a tape recorder are out...GG! Yeah realims in a sci fi fantasy story about alien Robots who need energon to get off the palnet and
the evil alien robots who are trying to stop the good alien robots.....umm yeeeah.

Ok so far Transformers are no longer from Cybertorn who crashlanded here millions of years ago and awakened in the 80's but robots from Mars who come to Earth after they step on a space rover. Cause you know that was a "warning" we ignored.

Wow this sounds ike the same trash like the Mathew Brodrick Godilla, or at best Masters of the Universe.

didn't see that....but

NO NO NO NO

did anyone who supporst this EVERY SEE transformers before?????

megatron.jpg

THAT IS MEGATRON, he is NOT a jet a ****ING GUN!

xsarien

daedsiluap
Great Wasabi Man said:
so I guess Megatron being a gun, or Soundwave being a tape recorder are out...GG! Yeah realims in a sci fi fantasy story about alien Robots who need energon to get off the palnet and
the evil alien robots who are trying to stop the good alien robots.....umm yeeeah.

Ok so far Transformers are no longer from Cybertorn who crashlanded here millions of years ago and awakened in the 80's but robots from Mars who come to Earth after they step on a space rover. Cause you know that was a "warning" we ignored.

Wow this sounds ike the same trash like the Mathew Brodrick Godilla, or at best Masters of the Universe.

Are you drunk?

THAT IS MEGATRON, he is NOT a jet a ****ING GUN!

For two years, yes, that was Megatron.

Two years, out of 22. When did it change? 1986, but somehow I don't think you were bitching too much back then. You were probably begging for Galvatron for Christmas just like everybody else.

Sumidor

People not to stop thinking this is like G1 Transformers, cause obviously it's not. I personally wish it was G1 and somehow they could get all the right vehicles and stuff, but i've accepted it for what it is. It's just a new way of telling the Transformers story. Like all those crazy spin-off Transformers cartoons they make. Where Optimus is fire truck, or Megatron is a Tank and Soundwave is freaking robot-bat thing. I think once footage of the actual robots start popping up, i'm gonna try to stay away from them.. But i'm weak and i'll probably watch them over and over.

G-Fex

You guys have to understand nothing is ever really translated accurately to the big screen. Ever ever ever ever ever. This is it's own thing, it's going to be what he wants, like x-men with their costumes and characters and so on. Completely original in a sense.

From the articles I read about Bay showing his illustrations and ideas for the characters to some die-hard fanboys he said they agreed with the stuff and he sounded truly annoyed with the whole fanbase in general bitching about the transformers. So there you have it he might've done it all out of spite or he just wants to put his own spin on, I don't know, I don't care.

Seriously no use crying over spilt milk, you just have to accept what comes next year or don't watch it at all. Me? No I won't watch it, I am an ex-transfan and rather happy to not buy or see anything transformer related.

Ever see the Batman cartoons? That made batman fans happier than any group that has exised before and after (aside from levites) them. Such a thoughtless and assy statement. Ask forgiveness.

Ichirou

Banned
It's not that hard to make fans happy. Just be true to what made the cartoons cool. Yeah, I would like to see Optimus Prime as a flat-nosed Mack truck, and even if that fails, I'd like to see him in his red and blue color scheme. And I'd like to see him with his 'face guard' on at all times. I don't think I'm going to get any of that, which sucks.

Still interested in the movie, though what I've seen so far is less than encouraging.

G-Fex

entertaining, I'm going to love hearing the bitching about the shitty storyline or script review. Great stuff there.

steve said:
My Megatron was an awesome toy, your parents must have bought you the Go-Bot version. :p

:lol

Mom: Oh, its little Billy's birthday is tomorrow but we can't afford the Transformer!

Dad: Not to worry, honey. I went to Dollar General and got a GO BOT. He'll never know the difference!

Mom: *tear*

Have there been no photoshops yet that at least try to de-flame Optimus?

The idea that they went with a peterbuilt for scale reasons is one i can live with (they beter ****ing go with the original actor though...and i'll take their word for it that the flames make sense in the context of the story)

bumpkin

bune duggy said:
noo! that's the same mold as Nemesis Prime (and G2 prime, I think?) why would they be reusing these decade-plus-old molds for a new 2006 toyline based on the movie? Shouldn't it be a little flashier?

EDIT: whoops, I meant Scourge. I forgot that's what the original name was until they changed it to Nemesis.
**** flashy. I want a generation 1 reissue, except one more widely available this time; by the time I realized Toys R Us had the collector's edition ones, they were two or three series in and their stock was pathetic.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Cliffy B responded to the Prime image on his blog. Link is currently being HAMMERED, but this is what he said:
http://www.cliffyb.com/

Cliffy B about the movie Prime said:
Dear Michael Bay,

Hey there! I’ve been a long time admirer of your testosterone fueled ten ton testicle spectacles ever since I was a wee lad. I feel like we’ve been running from explosions for years now, hand in hand, jumping out of the window in slow motion at the last possible second. Ah, the memories.

I liked The Island; I was one of the thirteen people in the US who went to the theater to see it. I can appreciate what you were trying to do post Bruckheimer. Do “smart explosions;” see, it’s an action movie with Beautiful People but it’s got a *message.* (Well, I could watch Scarlett read the phone book, so my feelings are a bit cloudy.)

Michael, you need to understand that you’re dealing with an entire generation of 18-35 year old males who were raised on the concept of Badass Transforming Robots. It’s beyond a fad or some Harry Potter shit. This is in our DNA. It is in our blood. Our hearts race whenever we hear that “WWWOOOWWWW WWOWWWWW WRROWW” of a robot turning into a ****ing CAR.

AND BACK!

So, today during my lunch break I happened to notice that there was numerous Transformers buzz hitting my in-box. Allegedly leaked shots of Optimus Prime in truck form.

Now, let me start by saying I’ve seen the Bumblebee ones. I understand that an effeminate Volkswagen bug just won’t translate to screen. Hey, you’ve got to change some stuff when you’re going live action, we all can’t be wearing Yellow Spandex now can we?

I can even appreciate the game that the studio is playing with “leaking” the shots and then “taking them back.” “We’ll put a shot out and then take it back and get them all hot and bothered!” (Some call it viral marketing. I call it a cocktease.)

This is Optimus Prime we’re talking about. He isn’t just the father figure to the entire Autobot community, he’s the daddy to an entire generation of men. When Ironhide was too bitchy to get shit done or Perceptor was off sucking cylinder behind the Ark who do you think stepped up and showed everyone how it was done?

Optimus Mother****ing Prime.

So allow me to express my concern when I see my childhood hero “re-envisioned” as the ****ing truck from the Full Throttle Energy Drink commercial. (How much did Coke pay for that one?)

Disclaimer: Yes, I know it was based off of some later lame design that Hasbro released when they were going all plastic and shitty post Beast Wars. (It still eats a huge bowl of dicks.)

So if this is, in fact, the final design that was decided upon for our ultimate hero I have to just ask one small favor…

Please, while you’re raping my childhood in the ass, please use a little bit of lube. I’m not even asking for that silky KY sprayable window cleaner shit. I’m asking for maybe take a second away from burying my childhood’s face in the burlap pillow on the floor of the dusty barn to maybe hock up a tiny little glob of phlegm and adhere it to the tip of your baby raping schlong.

Also, since we’re on this subject, while you’re pounding away and the jets are flying overhead and explosions are going off try to not go too deep. I really don’t need my childhood having a colostomy bag attached as it tries to overcome its emotional scars.

I’m fragile, Michael. I’m terrified to go online or check my email. I have a feeling that tomorrow I’ll wake up and I’ll see Soundwave as a ****ing Ipod or Prowl as a Segway. I’ll then peek back into the barn and find out that you’ve moved on from my childhood’s freshly shredded anus to the newly opened colostomy bag hole.

And that would be wrong.

So please, Michael, don’t **** this up. Because you’re dealing with a very sensitive generation of fanboys. Put the kid gloves on.

And at least have the decency to give us a warning before you donkey punch our childhood in the back of the head.

Sincerely,

Cliff Bleszinski

TheWolf

Banned
bitching about the truck is pretty stupid. wait until you see how it looks transformed before crying.

bitch about the symbiote suit in Spidey 3 instead.

teiresias

I hope that protruding hood recesses into Prime's chest when he's in robot form, otherwise he'll either look like a) he's pregnant, b) has a gut, or c) has one giant breast on his chest.

xsarien

daedsiluap
teiresias said:
I hope that protruding hood recesses into Prime's chest when he's in robot form, otherwise he'll either look like a) he's pregnant, b) has a gut, or c) has one giant breast on his chest.

Like the toys that used similar cab designs, it will likely split off into his shoulders.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
20060717.jpg

Reading over some Transformers set reports from Ain't It Cool, we began to feel concerns about the film very deeply. Not that I can actually see movies these days, my clambering heir's domination of my life being absolutely complete. But for you, dear reader. For you. We are concerned that you will not enjoy yourselves. It is this fraternal bond that makes us lash out, quick and searing, like a solar flare.

They've altered Optimus Prime in fundamental ways, and after we had completed the comic "Michael Bay's Camp" responded to some of the criticisms. Some of these are extremely interesting - particularly how fast and loose the cartoon plays with something as fundamental as physical size. There are so many variations on every Transformer that in the panoply of market tested products at least one of them probably conforms to their vision. I don't know if I can get behind the flames. But if one is to grip the demographic associated with programs like "Overhaulin'," "Monster Garage," and "American Chopper," then the Market Gods must have their sacrifice.

The eagerness to "punch up" a classic franchise never seems to restrict itself to pure necessity. This is why I was excited about the prospect of a Metroid movie for a total of forty-three ill-advised seconds. She will retain the gun arm - if we are lucky. But Samus Aran will - will, as sure as the sun rises in the east - be apprenticed to a fashion designer loosely based on the editor of Vogue. Over the course of two excruciating hours she will behave inexplicably and then "do the right thing," at a point very near the end.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
G-Fex said:
I'm starting to see why Michael is annoyed by fans. That letter is ****ing idiotic.

Michael Bay is annoyed by fans because he's a tool.

Just watch the production diaries on the R-rated four-disc Pearl Harbor director's cut and you'll see why Bruckheimer won't work with him anymore.

DMczaf

ManaByte said:
Michael Bay is annoyed by fans because he's a tool.

Just watch the production diaries on the R-rated four-disc Pearl Harbor director's cut and you'll see why Bruckheimer won't work with him anymore.

How about we don't see another cut of that horrible movie and you tell us why Bay and Bruckheimer broke up? :)

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
DMczaf said:
How about we don't see another cut of that horrible movie and you tell us why Bay and Bruckheimer broke up?

No, the production diaries is like a 2 hour epic movie of Michael Bay acting like a tool on set and Bruckheimer looking extremely annoyed, pissed off, and wanting to strangle him. Especially in the parts where Michael Bay is losing it and starts yelling and screaming at crewmembers.

Pakkidis

WTF IS GOING ON. What did I miss?

From what I can gather a leaked photo of Optimus was released and it sucked!

My hopes for this movie keep getting dashed, I already disapprove with some of the actors they choose. Micheal Bay is not a good story writer, the only thing he knows how to do is make big explosions.

Yes I am jumping the band wagon here.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Pakkidis said:
WTF IS GOING ON. What did I miss?

From what I can gather a leaked photo of Optimus was released and it sucked!

My hopes for this movie keep getting dashed, I already disapprove with some of the actors they choose. Micheal Bay is not a good story writer, the only thing he knows how to do is make big explosions.

Yes I am jumping the band wagon here.

Michael Bay didn't write it.

The movie was originally written by John Rogers who wrote CATWOMAN.

When Michael Bay was hired, he kicked Rogers off the movie and gave his script to Alex Kurtzman who wrote THE ISLAND.

The CATWOMAN script still exists as far as plot and story structure is concerned, but the final product will be the ISLAND script.

DMczaf

ManaByte said:
No, the production diaries is like a 2 hour epic movie of Michael Bay acting like a tool on set and Bruckheimer looking extremely annoyed, pissed off, and wanting to strangle him. Especially in the parts where Michael Bay is losing it and starts yelling and screaming at crewmembers.

Damn it, that sounds hilarious! I might have to check this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom