• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official US/JP PLAYSTATION 3 Launch Thread

Amir0x said:
Right, it's going to make "Launch Window"

What are we going to consider "launch window" here? A normal Sony/Nintendo-type "launch window," or the special new, next-gen, Microsoft-redefined, 6-month "launch window"?

:D

Amir0x

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
What are we going to consider "launch window" here? A normal Sony/Nintendo-type "launch window," or the special new, next-gen, Microsoft-redefined, 6-month "launch window"?

:D

3 months, presumably. But really, just 'til the end of 2006.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
one day I'll make an official thread that'll put yours to shame :p

anyway great thread, have fun with yer new toy lucky bastards!

Re the launch window, I`m guessing it`ll depend how many PS3s Sony crank out. They don`t want a flood of games and no systems, so they wil manage it.

acabado

Banned
Wollan said:
The step by step walk through of Resistance online is relative I think:

VID 1 (menu 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xKWvK0v3J0
VID 2 (menu 2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHOkyzElbVw
VID 3 (stat tracking)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2GVuQYXoxs
VID4 (Breach gametype mode)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1O4uZvBmW0
VID5 (Breach continued)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MAE1vgGP3Y
VID6 (Playing as Chimera in Meltdown mode)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkjJpq2dcpw

online co op :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

llTll

Banned
Pristine_Condition said:
You are 0 for 2 with the info in this thread. The lenses weren't the problem. It was a global shortage of 405 nm blue-violet laser diodes, not the lenses.
:lol yeah i know. i am getting my ass kicked

HOWEVER. i still fear lense problems. remember PS2?

Amir0x

Banned
I remember them saying it isn't possible due to what goes on during single player, and how it's too insane for them to nail down the netcode at least at the moment, but he didn't expand

Well it's probably not impossible but they haven't talked about it. I know in one of the 1up shows they asked one of the Insomniac guys if they had more time would htey be able to do online co op and he said he didn't know and they'd have to ask someone else and that was that. Maybe Ted would like to answer that for us? :p

Wollan

Amir0x said:
Resistance 2 follows Nathan Hale's rise to the king of the galaxy?

Actually they replace him with a Chimerian warrior called Argyle and the whole game focus around sewer and corridor crawls. Online co-op is added though.

Amir0x

Banned
Wollan said:
Actually they replace him with a Chimerian warrior called Argyle and the whole game focus around sewer and corridor crawls. Online co-op is added though.

Awesome, sounds like DOOM 3 to the max :D

Amir0x said:
Resistance 2 follows Nathan Hale's rise to the king of the galaxy?

If he's even alive in R2. And no I don't know any spoilers for the game, but just reading about the story it kind of seems like he might not make it. And that'll make 2 hyped Sony made titles for the PS3 where it seems like that'll be the case for the main character in the games.

jjasper

Man that lunach line up is crazy, something for everyone. So is NCAA 2K7 really coming out at launch? It would be a good gamefly game to go along with Rainbow Six and the holy launch triforce of Resistance, Oblivion and Ridge Racer.

Also I am glad they are going to have some interesting games for the Arcade. flOw, Blast Factor, Lemmings 2, Sudoku, and Criminal Crackdown all might be worth the price of admission.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Amir0x said:
GPU: RSX @500MHz

● 1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
● Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
● Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

RSX is 500 mhz now? So that 50 mhz downgrade rumor was true?

I'm hoping Sony will be giving us an initial list of the PSone and PS2 games we can expect to be downloadable. Twisted Metal 2 with online support please. :)

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I would feel better if I could get a preorder in. I have decided to get a launch PS3, Resistance, and maybe RR7. If anyone sees a site like Amazon start taking preorders, please post it here. Thanks.

Smokey

Looking at the specs this is a f'in beast. Only thing I see holding it back from being God like could be the amount of RAM(although RAM could be said about any system though) and the RSX which seems underpowerded(compared to the rest of the system at least).

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Very nicely done Amir0x, dunno if you answered this already, but will this thread and the upcoming Wii thread (im guessing here) be sticky'ed?

DenogginizerOS

Bad_Boy said:
Very nicely done Amir0x, dunno if you answered this already, but will this thread and the upcoming Wii thread (im guessing here) be sticky'ed?

Have you reserved your PS3? If not, was there a place in Greensboro you were going to target to get one?

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
DenogginizerOS said:
Have you reserved your PS3? If not, was there a place in Greensboro you were going to target to get one?
Yeah, I reserved mine at ebgames. If not I probably would have camped a while at bestbuy, they are supposed to get about 50-60 units IIRC. I take it you are in greensboro?

DenogginizerOS

Bad_Boy said:
Yeah, I reserved mine at ebgames. If not I probably would have camped a while at bestbuy, they are supposed to get about 50-60 units IIRC. I take it you are in greensboro?

Winston-Salem. My BB (Hanes Mall area) told me they are expecting 48. But the crowd there for the X360 was a bit unruly, and I don't own a gun. :)

I am hoping I can get one via Amazon or Toys R Us. I would have done EB/GS but I did not get approval from the wife until late last week. If you hear anything, send me a pm, please.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
i've slowly gone from "no chance i'm buying this" to "maybe i could sell my ps2, some games, and buy the $500 version...."

don't think i'll be getting one at launch, though, supplies on the 20gb look too slim.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
DenogginizerOS said:
Winston-Salem. My BB (Hanes Mall area) told me they are expecting 48. But the crowd there for the X360 was a bit unruly, and I don't own a gun. :)

I am hoping I can get one via Amazon or Toys R Us. I would have done EB/GS but I did not get approval from the wife until late last week. If you hear anything, send me a pm, please.
Sure thing, from what I'm hearing online retail stores will most likely be doing bundles, but probably not amazon as it doesnt have a actual store you can go to (least i dont think lol). I heard a rumor Toys R Us will start preorders before the end of this month, but dont quote me on that.... but I guess it wouldnt hurt to call them. I'll let you know if I hear anything. :)

DenogginizerOS said:

WAF weighs heavily. I already told my wife about it so it's a go. I only need to find some way to get the thing by launch day. That will be my last big purchase for a while though.

thundersabre said:
When were the arcade games announced?

I'm buying Lemmings 2 day one!

Also Blast Factor looks a lot like Mutant Storm.

They weren't really announced, the info just leaked out which is why no other sites are reporting them as of yet. But the info and screens were posted on Monday, everythings been kept in the Gamers Day thread though.

Rody

SolidSnakex said:
Well it's probably not impossible but they haven't talked about it. I know in one of the 1up shows they asked one of the Insomniac guys if they had more time would htey be able to do online co op and he said he didn't know and they'd have to ask someone else and that was that. Maybe Ted would like to answer that for us? :p

I read someone saying that Ted Price joined GAF. Is this true? What's his nickname?

Amir0x

Banned
Bad_Boy said:

Yeah, they will be stickied...just waiting for some of the other stickies to be removed, because 6 stickies is gonna be cluttered. And FFXII thread is getting stickied, so... :lol

Superbone said:
Great thread, Amir0x. Only thing I see missing is the SCEA launch title NBA '07: The Life Volume 2.

Thanks, updated :)

DenogginizerOS

FECordeau said:
How about these umm earthquakes...

That was bizarre! It felt like my bed dropped about a foot. Startled me and the Mrs. I thought it was thunder or a plane crash.

By the way, the Best Buy up here said they are opening a couple of hours earlier. If I can't get one via Amazon or elsewhere, I may camp out at the Best Buy. I'll let you know. Maybe we can arrange an NC neoGAF campout. That way we can have some trustworthy people stay in line while some of us have to go to the bathroom. :lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Amir0x said:
Yeah, they will be stickied...just waiting for some of the other stickies to be removed, because 6 stickies is gonna be cluttered. And FFXII thread is getting stickied, so... :lol
Sounds cool, thanks.
FECordeau said:
Good to see some NCers in here (though I don't know how many more years I'll be one).
tell me about it, soon as im done with school, cya NC. :p
DenogginizerOS said:
That was bizarre! It felt like my bed dropped about a foot. Startled me and the Mrs. I thought it was thunder or a plane crash.
o_O, we had a earthquake? i thought he was joking lol. thats like a first in how many years? guess it didnt hit over in my area as hard.

Top Bottom