• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

McNei1y

tl;dr version

D3- at low levels - naturally did a good job at closing the gap between folks

I can confirm this. I joined my roommates game when I was level 1 and he and another guy were level 6. I managed to pretty much catch up to them. We were all level 8 and when they leveld, I would be a couple of minutes behind to level too.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Didn't really want to start a thread for this...

So at my job, been with the same firm for almost ten years, our office manager turned out to be a huge thief and was fired. As part of the fallout/cleanup I was tasked with going through her emails to find more evidence. In doing so I also saw conversations between her and some other co workers about me. They were not nice. Is this just a common thing that employees do? I mean, should I care that much or is it just harmless venting? Part of me wants to brush it off but I'm also feeling hurt/betrayed. The non-thieves still work with me and I always thought we were friends, we even hang out after work regularly.

McNei1y

Didn't really want to start a thread for this...

So at my job, been with the same firm for almost ten years, our office manager turned out to be a huge thief and was fired. As part of the fallout/cleanup I was tasked with going through her emails to find more evidence. In doing so I also saw conversations between her and some other co workers about me. They were not nice. Is this just a common thing that employees do? I mean, should I care that much or is it just harmless venting? Part of me wants to brush it off but I'm also feeling hurt/betrayed. The non-thieves still work with me and I always thought we were friends, we even hang out after work regularly.

Most people bitch about everyone behind their backs. Trust me on this one. I'm sure those same people you hang out with bitch about every other co-worker through emails. It's a shitty tactic people use to bond with one another. I can say that because I used to do it fairly often. I realized it was pretty low and shitty of me so I've learned to stop myself if I felt the urge to say something. Just let it roll off your shoulders and go on normally. It will be awkward from now on but it only makes you the better person since you can go on not having a problem while they act immature.

Ferny

I would just brush it off. Ive been in a situation like that at one point and made the mistake of bringing it up and it made the workplace very hard to be in day in and out.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Letting it go is probably the best advice, thanks. I just can't shake the feeling of not being liked or respected by my co-workers. Hopefully it was just the discarded employee stirring shit up.

DMczaf

I just finished my new PC build on my cheap budget

Core i5 3570K
GTX 560 Ti (already owned)
8GB RAM

Question, is it worth it going to 16GB RAM? It's like $40, I'm wondering if its worth it.

Smokey

Core i5 3570K
8GB RAM

Question, is it worth it going to 16GB RAM? It's like $40, I'm wondering if its worth it.

Not really if it's just for gaming. I went from 8 -> 16 and didn't really notice a difference. But then again it's so cheap I figure why not get as much as you can. You never know if you want to do video, editing, streaming etc in the future

LukeSmith

Core i5 3570K
8GB RAM

I don't think you'll need the upgrade. But for $40, I mean, that's basically free

more-power.jpg

McNei1y

I tried doing this, but it still forces 1 ability per, wont let me select 2 of them? I'm a demon hunter if that matters.

Level? If you're still around 13 and you're attempting to use slots 3 and 4 then you have to wait until you open those slots at the appropriate level.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
EXP chart basics:
If the level difference is less than 5, there is no penalty
if the level difference is between 5-10, there is a small penalty (10%, 20%, 30%,...)
If the level difference is more than 10, you'll only receive 5% experience (95% penalty)

OK I don't understand this. Does the person with the higher level get penalized or the one with the lower level?

Me and Bob were at 8 or so and Somnia came in at 15. Who was getting penalized? Logic would say me and bob, but Somnia said it was him.

BigAT

I tried doing this, but it still forces 1 ability per, wont let me select 2 of them? I'm a demon hunter if that matters.

It's still kind of confusing even after you turn it on, but on the skills select screen you pick the button you want to assign the skill to, then use the right and left arrows up top to move to the category you want.

Somnia

It's still kind of confusing even after you turn it on, but on the skills select screen you pick the button you want to assign the skill to, then use the right and left arrows up top to move to the category you want.

Ok that makes sense then, will try when the servers come back up.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Diablo has its full grasps in me. I bought an amulet for 5000 on the auction house that gives +30 life for each kill. Since I'm usually slicing dudes up 4-5 at a time, that should be a nice boost

Sanjuro

I still feel kind of lost in Diablo. Going to re-install later when I get my SSD in, maybe someone can play a couple of games.

I'm primarily unsure what the auction house does in a single player game. Shouldn't most of the items be obtainable?

CB3

I still feel kind of lost in Diablo. Going to re-install later when I get my SSD in, maybe someone can play a couple of games.

I'm primarily unsure what the auction house does in a single player game. Shouldn't most of the items be obtainable?

The only items that have set stats are unique's. Everything else is random

Smokey

What is the difference between "unique" and "rare" or are they the same?

also there's A LOT of good stuff (at least this early) in the auction house that can be had with all dat gold we are getting. Rather go there than the merchants at the moment

CB3

What is the difference between "unique" and "rare" or are they the same?

also there's A LOT of good stuff (at least this early) in the auction house that can be had with all dat gold we are getting. Rather go there than the merchants at the moment
Uniques have set stats. Rares are random

LukeSmith

I have an 18 monk and 11 Wizard so far.

I vastly prefer Monk to Wizard. I think melee seems better than ranged. Will probably try a Barbarian next

Top Bottom