• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread OT2 Mr Peyton Goes To Washington

Somnia

I got a nice helm from him, the bow it dropped for me was worse than my blue, off to be salvaged it went!

Speaking of forging, hell of a money sink, jesus christ.

Somnia

Bang Shed : BangShed#1747
Livewire: LiveWire#1441
dskillz: dskillzhtown#1261
BigAT: BigAT#1796
Crow: VaultBoy #619
CB: ColdBlooded3 #1621
Mrbob: MrBob #1427
Pheenix: ph33nix#1639
Ferny: Ferny#1238
McNeily: McNei1y #1400
Wellie: Wellsters#1226
FMT: FrenchMov#1603
Sanjuro: Sanjuro#1891
Crow: Godot#1215
Eznark: eznark#1407
Somnia: Somnia#1603
Smokey: dboythagr8#1979
Ramirez: Ram#1596

P.S. I'm changing mine whenever they give us the option back!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I will do some co-op tomorrow. I wanted to check the game out by myself to see how it was tonight. I am loving it. I was loving it until the server disconnected me right after I finished a quest. It was time for me to go to bed anyway, I guess. Man it was fun!

TheCrow

Actually with my internet it'll finish downloading by next week. But if someone wants to gift me a guest pass I would appreciate it. Get a chance to play before half the people give it up.

LukeSmith

I got a nice helm from him, the bow it dropped for me was worse than my blue, off to be salvaged it went!

Speaking of forging, hell of a money sink, jesus christ.

Yeah, it makes sense to just have one guy in your crew upgrade the forge, I'm not sure if there's a good way to funnel money to him. Then he can craft everything and give what everyone else needs out

TheCrow

Anyone know if I downloaded the beta can I just update from that and avoid downloading everything?

And thanks to Somnia I'll be unable to play just like everyone else.

Sokantish

I come back after being gone for a few hours and now Diablo III is down! So I try to play Day Z and I can't join any servers because the master server is getting hit too hard or something.

TheCrow

I come back after being gone for a few hours and now Diablo III is down! So I try to play Day Z and I can't join any servers because the master server is getting hit too hard or something.
Yep, been like this for a while. btw did you hear that he is adding dogs.

Sokantish

Yep, been like this for a while. btw did you hear that he is adding dogs.

Yeah, it's going to make dying even more painful. I hope you can name your dog too, and you have to feed it. That way people will come up on you and just shoot your dog just to be jerks

TheCrow

Lets just say I'm never going to Cherno or Electro. No one better mess with my dog. That's low, even for bandits. Maybe they'll add packs for dogs so they can carry items but it'll increase their hunger and decrease their speed.

Sokantish

Earlier I was playing and I lost my rifle, and all of my food/drinks and any stuff that appeared in that item box. Only had my Pistol, pistol ammo, bandages, and tools left. Even my backpack vanished. It happened right as I was swimming through some water. So now I'm stuck right outside Cherno with just a pistol and the zombies spawns are crazy now.

Ramirez

Big title console games have a single player mode.

Why waste your time on a SP character that you could never transfer to the online portion ala D2?

This will be a total non issue by tomorrow probably, the overreaction has been hilarious.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Why waste your time on a SP character that you could never transfer to the online portion ala D2?

This will be a total non issue by tomorrow probably, the overreaction has been hilarious.

If this happened in halo you'd be flipping out

Ramirez

If this happened in halo you'd be flipping out

Nah...BLOPs had issues for weeks when it came to playing with friends, Gears of War 2 was completely broken at launch when it came to finding matches, BF3 was a mess for a while when it came to playing with friends. Happens all the time to high profile titles, and honestly, after the open beta killed the servers, I kind of saw this coming.

As others have said, if it keeps the games economy in check & keeps people from hacking it to hell and back like D2, one day of bad servers is totally worth it in the long run.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
game of the forever, just spent like 3 hours playing with gaffers, so good.

i spent a long time before it went down this evening playing with smokey, phee, and FMT. When it came back up me and phee went a little further. There is just so much. I have 3 rares equipped. Looking for that first unique.

Ramirez

i spent a long time before it went down this evening playing with smokey, phee, and FMT. When it came back up me and phee went a little further. There is just so much. I have 3 rares equipped. Looking for that first unique.

haha, I've been putting a lot of gold into the blacksmith and basically geared one of them up with crap he kept making me I couldn't use, heh.

Smokey

i got woken up from a call from work..that was like 2 hours ago..after handling that me and phee played for a bit at like 3 am. he went off and i kept going for another hour and half..not as fun soloing but still good stuff

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
How would the game handle if I joined you guys while being low level? I'm not going to have much of a chance to play until this weekend and I don't want to get fucked like on Final Fantasy whatever the one online was where if I was like 2 levels below guys I played with I got shit EXP. It completely killed the game, I might as well have been playing single player the whole way through.

Well at least I'm like level 3 now. :(

BigAT

did you guys get anything decent from the king? i got a unique polearm

How would the game handle if I joined you guys while being low level? I'm not going to have much of a chance to play until this weekend and I don't want to get fucked like on Final Fantasy whatever the one online was where if I was like 2 levels below guys I played with I got shit EXP. It completely killed the game, I might as well have been playing single player the whole way through.

Well at least I'm like level 3 now. :(

EXP chart basics:
If the level difference is less than 5, there is no penalty
if the level difference is between 5-10, there is a small penalty (10%, 20%, 30%,...)
If the level difference is more than 10, you'll only receive 5% experience (95% penalty)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
EXP chart basics:
If the level difference is less than 5, there is no penalty
if the level difference is between 5-10, there is a small penalty (10%, 20%, 30%,...)
If the level difference is more than 10, you'll only receive 5% experience (95% penalty)
Thanks pal. I have to spend some time power leveling tonight then

Somnia

Bang Shed : BangShed#1747
Livewire: LiveWire#1441
dskillz: dskillzhtown#1261
BigAT: BigAT#1796
CB: ColdBlooded3 #1621
Mrbob: MrBob #1427
Pheenix: ph33nix#1639
Ferny: Ferny#1238
McNeily: McNei1y #1400
Wellie: Wellsters#1226
FMT: FrenchMov#1603
Sanjuro: Sanjuro#1891
Crow: Godot#1215
Eznark: eznark#1407
Somnia: Somnia#1603
Smokey: dboythagr8#1979
Ramirez: Ram#1596
Splat: Splat#1116

added splat

The only complaint I have about this game is that I slightly feel bad for playing ahead of the gang I started the game with last night

but FUCK I am going to play but I'll go back and do some again

McNei1y

The only complaint I have about this game is that I slightly feel bad for playing ahead of the gang I started the game with last night

I know what you mean. I'm going to be that guy that gets left behind.

I'm a level 14 Witch Doctor though. I also believe I am on the last boss of Act I.

LukeSmith

Anecdote about XP deltas:
  • I started a character last night
  • At level 4, a buddy joined (he was level 1)
  • He left as that character hit 3 and I was 5
  • He rejoined on another character 1
  • I reached 7 and he was 5
  • Another buddy joined at level 1
  • (7, 5, 1)
  • Another buddy joined, he was 11
  • (11, 8, 6, 3)
  • The level 3 went and swapped to his Wizard (11) and by the end of the night we were all between 11-13

tl;dr version

D3- at low levels - naturally did a good job at closing the gap between folks

Just found out that I can only play with other people who have the starter edition. :(

It's like the peasant bread line!

Top Bottom