• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 NBA 2k6 Season I Thread: Konex is my Kopilot.

koney before you get pissed, i'm going to give you admin abilities as soon as you get your 360. i wanted to get it started so those of us who have it can sign in, and that way we can gauge if this is the right # of people. here are the details... ladies:

difficulty: hall of fame
quarter length: 7 mins
trades: yes
injuries: yes
flexible schedule: yes
time limit between games: 5 days
# of teams: 12

name: gaf I
pw: bush

Cloudy

Banned
I say 30 or so is a good place to start. With the flex schedule, it'll move pretty quick. Just put a vote on the site :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So do we have a site yet? What's the info?

edit: nevermind. I didn't read FMT's whole post. I'm smrt.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I am in with the JIZAZZ.... and I will sign in when mine gets here on Tues..... Also Konexdidnt you get yours this week??

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
this season lacks rules...

so lay it on me now before I run through you all......

again.

Fifty

1) No power teams
2) No zone D

Sorry Jobber, I guess you're out of the league

edit: Uh guys, AkaBalla2k just joined the league. Maybe having the league info posted at the top of the thread isn't the best idea if random people are just going to join.

I've PMed Truelize and Bish, True will sign in over the weekend and Bish thanked me for letting him know but didn't say when or if he'd sign in. We'll easily have 8 and should be able to get 10 people, but one key element in all our successful leagues is getting people that are reliable.

Cloudy

Banned
Fifty, Akaballa played 2 seasons on the ps2 leagues we had for 2k4 (He won both IIRC). He joined GAF to sign up for the league cos he hasn't found a legit league since :lol

jobber

Fifty said:
1) No power teams
2) No zone D

Sorry Jobber, I guess you're out of the league

edit: Uh guys, AkaBalla2k just joined the league. Maybe having the league info posted at the top of the thread isn't the best idea if random people are just going to join.

Ok then...Good Luck Guys!

Cloudy

Banned
He played sim in season 2 that year and he just registered for the forum cos I told him that's the only way he'd be allowed to play. You're not playing (or are you?) so what's it to you? :p

PS: Even though he cheesed it up that first season, he's reliable and plays all his games ;)

AkaBalla

Well I signed into the league as the Celtics. Looking forward to be playing with you guys. And yes those ps2 leagues were cheese but there were a handful of people who were SIM and a SIM champion was crowned. Ala AkaBalla. Im up for some scrimmage's if u guys wanna test me out.

Aim = Ronn4180

jobber

AkaBalla said:
Well I signed into the league as the Celtics. Looking forward to be playing with you guys. And yes those ps2 leagues were cheese but there were a handful of people who were SIM and a SIM champion was crowned. Ala AkaBalla. Im up for some scrimmage's if u guys wanna test me out.

Aim = Ronn4180
eyebrow.jpg

WHO is this roody poo?

AkaBalla

Cloudy said:
He played sim in season 2 that year and he just registered for the forum cos I told him that's the only way he'd be allowed to play. You're not playing (or are you?) so what's it to you? :p

PS: Even though he cheesed it up that first season, he's reliable and plays all his games ;)

I cheesed in season 1? I had Dirk Nowitzki dropping like 40 a game. I was a little fast paced but thats basketball fast breaks w/ Nash and Nowitzki........

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I cannot sign into this league at all. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. When I search on Xbox Live for the league it tells me it is not found.
When I go onto the 2ksports site I can find the league and get to the league page.
It tells me that I am not signed in.
I click "sign in" and it takes me to a page that does not give me a button to actually sign in. Only the sign out button. I've even tried going through the help link to msn messenger. But that doesn't work either. So stupid.

akaballa was 100% cheesy from what i recall, and unless we are desperate for another player he's not playing in the league, no offense konex but that was bush league dude. and you dont just magically become a legit player. you play legit until the game is on the line, then you resort back to cheese. trust me on this one, we'll stick with the gaf players who were originally scheduled to join unless desperate times call for desperate measures.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
True,I made the mistake of thinking the "I" was a one,lol and I couldnt find the league online.

Its a capital i,not sure it thats what you're doing wrong.

Then again,you can find it at the 2ksports site,so I have no idea :\ :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
akaballa was 100% cheesy from what i recall, and unless we are desperate for another player he's not playing in the league, no offense konex but that was bush league dude. and you dont just magically become a legit player. you play legit until the game is on the line, then you resort back to cheese. trust me on this one, we'll stick with the gaf players who were originally scheduled to join unless desperate times call for desperate measures.

Preach it!
cheeseheads.jpg

AkaBalla

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Ha 100% cheesy from what u recall? Looks like u arent too sure about that. I played Konex today and it was a fine SIM game. Well i'd like to be in the league so i guess we'll wait and see. I'm in and run a quality mature SIM league for college hoops and NBA. Where we have specific rules enforced to promote fair, SIM play.

Like i said if you guys wanna test me on the game lets do it. Im just looking for a fun active SIM league on the 360. I made an account here on GAF to be in the community. I dont think you can prevent me from playing because "if you recall correctly" I was cheese. lol

Cloudy

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

He wasn't cheesy at all in season 2 and you know it. The guy wants to play and joined the frikken forum to do so...

PS: Aka, he's the admin not me (he made the league before I got my 360) so he can keep you out if he wants to :p

Matrix

Konex want to play?

Ha 100% cheesy from what u recall? Looks like u arent too sure about that. I played Konex today and it was a fine SIM game. Well i'd like to be in the league so i guess we'll wait and see. I'm in and run a quality mature SIM league for college hoops and NBA. Where we have specific rules enforced to promote fair, SIM play.

Like i said if you guys wanna test me on the game lets do it. Im just looking for a fun active SIM league on the 360. I made an account here on GAF to be in the community. I dont think you can prevent me from playing because "if you recall correctly" I was cheese. lol

100% cheese from what i recall and from what most everyone in the league recalls. doesn't really matter whether you played sim against konex in exhibition or not. for christ sake bog could play a sim game for a game or two if he wanted.

if you want me to be 100% honest, i dont trust you'll be a reliable, sim player. again, like i said, when push comes to shove and you need a bucket you're going to play dirty, its as simple as that.

p.s. infact i can keep you out of the league

Matrix

Cloudy said:
Yah I'll be on in 30 mins or so...

K,just send me a challenge when you log on.

I wont have a mic,im still waiting on my new one to come from walmart...fucking usps.*I hate microsoft headsets,they always break and they have never worked well for me,must be my router or my internet connection.

*from this point on im talking to myself.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Why play Konex in 30 mins when you can take on the champ NOW!

Ok we play first,Konex you get sloppy seconds!

Im heading on Dm.

AkaBalla

FrenchMovieTheme said:
100% cheese from what i recall and from what most everyone in the league recalls. doesn't really matter whether you played sim against konex in exhibition or not. for christ sake bog could play a sim game for a game or two if he wanted.

if you want me to be 100% honest, i dont trust you'll be a reliable, sim player. again, like i said, when push comes to shove and you need a bucket you're going to play dirty, its as simple as that.

p.s. infact i can keep you out of the league

Well i dont know what idiot would come sign up for a SIM league and not play SIM. Just a waste of time to me. Just pm me if im in or not or just drop me from the site. Thanks for the lovely expierence here @ GAF

Cloudy

Banned
Cmon Aka, postup 3s with Dirk was cheese. I know you play sim now but you cheezed it up that first season of 2k4 :lol

AkaBalla

FrenchMovieTheme said:
do you consider your season 1 playstyle cheesy?

I can tell u right now 2k4 was cheese all in together. That was my first online expierence ever. And i plead the 5th

Yea those post up 3's with Dirk = cheese

But i think thats the only thing i was doing. But where could i have learned that from? Konex showed me.. :) lol j/k.

When it became a big issue i did not deny what i was doing and at the time didnt know what SIM was since it was my first online expierence. Then in season 2 it was a better expierence for me and the others of what SIM was and it was fun.

Matrix

Konex I just lost to DM,Gordon raped me :|

I sent you a game invite,lets go! :(

Matrix

Honestly I dont care if he plays,if he doesnt play sim Konex will have to take over his team and do double duty.

I just want to get the league going.

Didn't you bail on our xbox league???

no, we had a commish who didn't advance the league quickly enough even though a better majority of the people in the league stressed it needed to be done in time for 360. who knew a lot of us wouldn't even have a 360 at launch!

anyways if everyone wants aka in i have no problems with it.

but you had it set on a weekly schedule for 3/4th's of the league time, only near the end did you allow everyone to play whenever :D

and i dont blame you konex, i blame xbox 360 :(

Zep

Banned
Ordered my system from BB.com and should have it between the 20th-23rd...

Also FMT, can I change my team to the sonics..:)

thanks bud

Top Bottom