• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox Live Arcade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes Boss!

Five bucks is a good price for Gunstar Heroes. I've got it on VC but this one has mappable buttons which is great if you wanna use a high-end stick. BUY!

dejay

Banned
Psychotext said:
I just played Blazing Birds. Seems crappy at first, but the gameplay is really quite good.

I really like Blazing Birds. The controls take some getting used to but it's fun and two player is a hoot.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
ESRB Watch:

RAINBOW ISLANDS: TOWERING ADVENTURE!

Platform: Xbox 360

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: Comic Mischief

Rating summary: "This is a platformer game in which players control a boy who scales a magical tower that grants wishes to those who reach the top. Players create stepping-stones out of rainbows to climb up the tower. Players can also use the rainbows to attack enemy creatures (e.g., bees, caterpillars, machines, and giant robots) that usually disappear in a puff of smoke and turn into jewels when defeated."

Military Madness

Platform: Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3

Rating: Everyone 10+

Content descriptors: Mild Fantasy Violence

Rating summary: "This is a strategy game where the majority of action takes place on a hexagonal grid overlaying the moon. Players deploy futuristic soldiers, tanks, and air forces across the Moon grid and wait for a turn-based "attack animation." The overhead view then switches to a zoomed-in perspective of ground forces shooting rockets, guns, or lasers at the opposing force. When struck, enemies flash in a yellow light burst and fall to the ground."

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
dreamcastmaster said:
The SNK games take forever to come out.

Yeah, hopefully the rumor is true that 98UM is out next week. That said, the best source I've found is wikipedia, so I'm skeptical.

robot

Yes Boss! said:
Five bucks is a good price for Gunstar Heroes. I've got it on VC but this one has mappable buttons which is great if you wanna use a high-end stick. BUY!

I own this game in almost every form (genesis, wii, sonic collection, etc) and cant help but buy it again. Especially for $5.

UraMallas

GAF, decide where I should throw away 800mp out of these games:

Comix Zone (2 of these)
Altered Beast (2 of these)
Shinobi (2 of these)
Yosumin! Live
Gel: Set and Match
Cell Factor: Pyschokinetic Wars

Lol OMG the emulation for the MD games is abysmal, especially Gunstar Heroes :lol

The music sounds like shite, there are various graphical glitches (The sky in GH is the wrong colour) and the games are super blurry.

This is really bottom of the barrel stuff!

Nuclear Muffin said:
Lol OMG the emulation for the MD games is abysmal, especially Gunstar Heroes :lol

The music sounds like shite, there are various graphical glitches (The sky in GH is the wrong colour) and the games are super blurry.

Ugh. At least the price is right. I guess it would have been 800 points if they'd done it properly.

Grecco

UraMallas said:
GAF, decide where I should throw away 800mp out of these games:

Comix Zone (2 of these)
Altered Beast (2 of these)
Shinobi (2 of these)
Yosumin! Live
Gel: Set and Match
Cell Factor: Pyschokinetic Wars

Yosumin.

Man i wanna buy Shinobi but i need 200 pts. Still love that game. :lol

Eh I didn't notice any issues with Gunstar Heroes. Looks and sounds about the same as it ever did.

Did a quick playthrough on normal and didn't notice anything particularly jarring so eh...

fernoca

Brakara said:
That seems weird considering they'll be selling full retail games soon.
Xbox Live Arcade games are not the same as Xbox 360 Full Games, just like the Xbox Originals were usually over 2GB..

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
dejay said:
I really like Blazing Birds. The controls take some getting used to but it's fun and two player is a hoot.
It's a good podcast game, as far as that goes. But it makes me wish for a Super Dodgeball inspired game something fierce.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
akilshohen said:
Can I get a link:D :D
I have been wanting that game since forever

Lyte Edge mentioned Wikipedia. So yeah, I'm not entirely sure myself. It does make logical sense cause each of the following weeks will be bad.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/yo-ho-kablammo/achievements/
Achievements: Yo Ho Kablammo!

There are 12 achievements with a total of 200 points.

Cabin boy 5
Complete the tutorial.

Sailing Pretty 10
Win 7 stars in challenge mode.

Master and Commander 20
Win 15 gold stars in challenge mode.

Hoarder 10
Win every championship.

Big Booty 30
Unlock all the secret ships.

Salty Sea Dog 15
Win 25 games online.

Ram ram ram the boats... 15
Use the ram power up and kill two opponents in one go with it.

Death From Above 15
Kill a non-airborne enemy while flying.

Admiral 20
Earn every type of medal.

Mine all mine! 30
Collect over 5000 mines

Black Heart 20
Win 50 Matches in total.

Ka-boom! 10
Sink two enemies with a TNT

Brakara

fernoca said:
Xbox Live Arcade games are not the same as Xbox 360 Full Games, just like the Xbox Originals were usually over 2GB..

I just don't understand the technical limitation of 2GB for XBLA games. It makes no sense.

Just got a email saying Sam & Max Save the World (Season One) is out next week on XBLA. It's 1600 Microsoft points (300 points per episode says Telltale, you cant buy singular episodes though).

Keyser Soze said:
Just got a email saying Sam & Max Save the World (Season One) is out next week on XBLA. It's 1600 Microsoft points (300 points per episode says Telltale, you cant buy singular episodes though).

Nice

Do we know how big the download will be?

UraMallas

clashfan said:
I see Phantasy Star II is out on XBLA. I like JRPG but got into them late. Is Phantasy Star II worth buying?
I had never played it before this XBLA version and I must say. DO NOT BUY. The menu system is an abomination and the battle system is even worse. People talk about how great it is but I had trouble understanding anything that was going on for the 2 hours I played it. It was horrible, I'm almost positive.

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Keyser Soze said:

That is truly delicious value. I played through most of season one through review copies, but I'll probably buy this just because...well, just because.

Koopakiller said:
Nice

Do we know how big the download will be?

No mention... I am going to guess close to, if not over a GB (judging my Wallace and Gromit).

The PR says the game will also have added "HD graphic support, updates to the gameplay controls. and new subtitles in English, German, French, Italian, and Spanish"

pilonv1

alistairw said:
That is truly delicious value. I played through most of season one through review copies, but I'll probably buy this just because...well, just because.

I've got it on Steam but never finished it. Actually I don't think I started it. Cant see myself buying it again. It's no Monkey Island.

Nuclear Muffin said:

Lies and false propaganda.

The game looks and sounds perfect to the Genesis form. I have an ear for these things, I am anal as shit, and trust me it's 99.9% perfect.

Arpharmd B said:

The game looks and sounds perfect to the Genesis form. I have an ear for these things, I am anal as shit, and trust me it's 99.9% perfect.

Good to hear. I played the demo and didn't detect anything out of the ordinary, but I'm also not a retrophile.

Arpharmd B said:

Seconded. GH is one of my all time favorites and the XBLA version is great. A must buy if you don't own it allready (or like me, own it 5 times now).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Arpharmd B said:

Yea agreed, Nuclear Muffin doesn't know what he's talking about.

goldenpp72

sonic 3 is pretty buggy sometimes, I managed to run passed robotnik on the water level and get to the exit and 'win' but the battle continued and I ended up suffocating during my victory pose, then in the carnival level when beating the first boss tails magically shows up with some sprite glitches and shit. it's nothing horrible but some strange oddities.

Okay wasn't sure where to post this, but I am having major problems with marketplace. It has always been quite slow to load for me, but for the last week or so its barely been working at all. It can take literally 5 minutes to load up a page for a game or whatever. This makes browsing the marketplace impossible. Anyone experienced anything similar? My xbox is a month or 2 old elite if that makes any difference.

I have heard that there is currently an issue with XBL/XBLM and users with Sky Broadband that causes poor or no performance using Live. It could be that if you use them.

Doesn't bode well for the Sky deal if that's the case!

Yeh I do use Sky broadband, hadn't heard about that issue. Thats a real kick in the balls, hope they are working on a solution to this. Does it affect online multiplayer as well do you know? I was without a 360 for a while so I have not resubscribed to live yet, obviously there will be no point if its not going to work

pswii60

giant_frying_pan said:
It affects the whole Live service. A solution is being worked on...supposedly!
Apparently it's something to to with Sky's use of port blocking to prevent file sharing services etc, don't know much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom