• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

pilonv1

2uprcaw.gif

Also a pre-emptive moments silence for the members banned in this great thread.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
:lol :lol

I love it. I LOVE IT!

(the impending meltdown and drama, that is)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Danne-Danger said:
"DMC4 100% exclusive, never going anywhere else confirmed" - Shane :lol

OMFG Shane eating a shit mount of crow this coming Friday :lol 1upyours is going to be freakin awesome this week.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What took so long, Capcom?

Edit: :lol I was on page 1 when I posted this.

mood

Holy shit, in the interview Luke did with Shane Kim he alluded to perceived exclusives on PS3 were not really exclusives at all. Amazing.

Epiphyte

Junpei Heat said:
Who plays DMC on the PC? Wouldn't that be pretty hard?
Yeah, I wouldn't get too excited about a PC port. The DMC3 one was incredibly shoddy, and given the RE4 hackjob, it doesn't seem like Capcom really cares to make PC a priority.

Other tidbits from the article: Capcom say they will continue to pursue a multiplatform strategy 'in the interests of raising customer satisfaction and profitability' :lol

Also, DMC anime coming to the WOWOW cable channel network in Japan in spring 2007.

So basically, Playstation fans get to play Ninja Gaiden and see what they've been missing, and Xbox fans get to play DMC4 and see what they've been missing.

UncleGuito said:
I agree. This year is great for Microsoft and the lineup spread throughout the year is consistently great. All of Sony's heavy hitters are coming late this year (and not much before that), which is why I haven't gotten a PS3 yet. I'm not too sure about the Wii's though...

2007 Retail games (awesome from both):

1st Party Highlights for 360: Mass Effect (woot), Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Forza 2, Halo 3, Alan Wake (hopefully), Banjo Kazooie (woot), Shadowrun (meh)

1st Party Highlights for PS3: MGS4 (woot), R&C (woot), Ninja Gaiden, DMC4 (woot), Tekken 6

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147108&page=2

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Sorry, not surprised. Developing for PS3 and 360 isn't exactly on the cheap; the more systems they can dish out their titles, the better.

of course, this won't keep the frothing demand from increasing, whichever console you have at home

sphinx

the piano man
I can't believe it!!!

I WILL play a next gen devil may cry!!!!! i LOVE MY 360!!!!

CONGRATS to microsoft for securing this kind of support.

I can't believe how lame was microsoft just mere 3 years ago in the gaming industry. They are kicking serious ass this gen!

:D :D :D :D :D

kevm3

Is this a sign of Japanese support for PS3 lowering? DMC is announced for 360, but Lost Planet and Dead Rising aren't announced for PS3. Sony's had a couple of good announcements, but they are really sucking on the third party situation, which was what got me interested in them in the first place. I wouldn't even really be surprised if I read about Final Fantasy or Metal Gear going over. If that happens, I'm definitely not buying a PS3.

WOW:

'I will put this software on the market for PS3 and Xbox 360 simultaneously me.'

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cormacaroni said:
Other tidbits from the article: Capcom say they will continue to pursue a multiplatform strategy 'in the interests of raising customer satisfaction and profitability' :lol

Also, DMC anime coming to the WOWOW cable channel network in Japan in spring 2007.

Alright, well what other Capcom properties that have traditionally only launched on Sony are going to be 360'd?

squicken

How many people were banned for joking about DMC going to the 360? I think it was in the hundereds. May their damned souls now be free.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Not surprising at all, it would've been stupid of Capcom to keep DMC4 as a PS3 exclusive. Expect to see some 360 titles head over to the PS3 in the future as well. Everyone gets the love.

:lol 'Debilmacrai' works so well too.

Top Bottom