• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

KGKK

Banned
Wait, is this actually legit? I find it odd that Capcom was boasting this title as a PS3 game before and now they slowly slip this in with no official announcement or anything? Which means Lost Planet and Dead Rising for PS3:D

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Someone at Sony should get ->
sadomaso6hp.gif

jett

D-Member
wow this thread is growing at insane rate.

I guess GAF would implode when the inevitable MGS4 ON 360 thread is made.

B-Ri

kevm3 said:
Is this a sign of Japanese support for PS3 lowering? DMC is announced for 360, but Lost Planet and Dead Rising aren't announced for PS3. Sony's had a couple of good announcements, but they are really sucking on the third party situation, which was what got me interested in them in the first place. I wouldn't even really be surprised if I read about Final Fantasy or Metal Gear going over. If that happens, I'm definitely not buying a PS3.
what are the sales numbers for the other DMCs? im willing to wager it sells more here then in japan.

TekunoRobby said:
Not surprising at all, it would've been stupid of Capcom to keep DMC4 as a PS3 exclusive. Expect to see some 360 titles head over to the PS3 in the future as well. Everyone gets the love.

:lol 'Debilmacrai' works so well too.

Yea, that's where the market is heading.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oldschoolgamer said:
Well...looks like one of my reasons for buying a PS3 just fell through. :lol

Totally. My frothing demand for a PS3 has decreased a bit after this news

Raistlin

AdmiralViscen said:
lmao, it was ten minute ago in that first party confidence thread that someone was listing this as a PS3 "first party" exclusive.

lololol

There are a lot of people who have to eat some crow (but will instead claim that this was always obvious).

Have there really been a lot of people making this claim though? The only recent discussion I remember was about the rumor Capcom was completely shit-canning PS3 titles left and right.

UncleGuito said:
I agree. This year is great for Microsoft and the lineup spread throughout the year is consistently great. All of Sony's heavy hitters are coming late this year (and not much before that), which is why I haven't gotten a PS3 yet. I'm not too sure about the Wii's though...

2007 Retail games (awesome from both):

1st Party Highlights for 360: Mass Effect (woot), Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Forza 2, Halo 3, Alan Wake (hopefully), Banjo Kazooie (woot), Shadowrun (meh)

1st Party Highlights for PS3: MGS4 (woot), R&C (woot), Ninja Gaiden, DMC4 (woot), Tekken 6

MGS4 is probably next. That marketing firm all but confirmed it a few weeks ago. It will likely be a timed exclusive though.

7Th

jett said:
wow this thread is growing at insane rate.

I guess GAF would implode when the inevitable MGS4 ON 360 thread is made.

Not as much as when the Final Fantasy XIV goes to Wii.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
There is media coming in this week's famitsu apparently. Seems like they would have to break the news before that media hit. If that's true, anyway.

Well, either way, it's getting to the point where I think microsoft has done a good enough job of getting these types of games. I'm content. Go go 360.

I really hope the PS3 pulls through. Saw it in Amsterdam today, next to it was a Wii stand. Guess which console people were looking at :(. For the first time in my life, I feel like a conservative.

jett

D-Member
B-Ri said:
what are the sales numbers for the other DMCs? im willing to wager it sells more here then in japan.

I don't have hard numbers, but DMC3 sold about 300k in Japan I believe, and about double that in America, near 700k-800k with the special edition included I think. DMC1 is around 1 million in each side of the pacific. DMC2 = la bomba.

Defuser

:(
Dammit capcom,I just lost all my respect for you.
What with that Bullshit talk of keeping each platform two exclusives?

Epiphyte said:
Yeah, I wouldn't get too excited about a PC port. The DMC3 one was incredibly shoddy, and given the RE4 hackjob, it doesn't seem like Capcom really cares to make PC a priority.

I don't think Capcom handles PC ports. Still, a shocking announcement. Not that I care about the DMC series though - my girlfriend loves it more than I do.

KGKK said:
Wait, is this actually legit? I find it odd that Capcom was boasting this title as a PS3 game before and now they slowly slip this in with no official announcement or anything? Which means Lost Planet and Dead Rising for PS3:D

Haha, yea.

I wonder why they haven't announced it already?

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
AdmiralViscen said:
Yea, that's where the market is heading.
Expect some current and future "exclusive" 360 titles ported to the PS3 is all I'm saying. Capcom is taking the multiplatform route seriously.

I am firmly in the "OMG THIS IS AWESOME!" camp btw.

Top Bottom