• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

scarybore

OMGMaskSeller.gif

Well I'm happy, being that I view Capcom as the best Japanese developer after Nintendo and that I will be able to support them sooner without buying more hardware. Of course, should it turn out to be much better on the PS3 than on the Xbox 360, then I shall just wait till I can afford it.

Wait, is this actually legit? I find it odd that Capcom was boasting this title as a PS3 game before and now they slowly slip this in with no official announcement or anything? Which means Lost Planet and Dead Rising for PS3

I may be wrong but wasn't the PS2 RE4 port revealed in much the same way as this DMC4 360 version?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
This truly is the sign of the times.

the king is dead, long live the king.

Lagaff

Gub'mint Researcher
CrushDance said:
WWTF CAPCOM! I can't believe this, so lost planet, dead rising and more for 360 but not PS3? aAnd now they post DMC4!? This is bullshit wtf.
Oh those wont remain exclusif for 360
Expect to see them on ps3

Tiktaalik

Another reason to get the PS3 gone. Now we just need a confirmation on the MGS4 to Xbox 360 rumour.

Pretty soon all that'll be left is Final Fantasy and Little Big Planet.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This thread is going to be unbelievable later. I can already see at least a few bans. :lol

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Not shocked at the multi platform announcement.

But very surprised at simultaneous release.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Well at least i can still buy it on the ps3. Now if lost planet is announced for the ps3, well that would be nice as well.

yea Sony should drop the damn price already. At this point Sony needs to cut the 20g and reduce the 60g to 400 or less.

I wish i knew that sony is planning. This maybe a major loss, however I do not think Sony is going to remain lying down. Well hopefully not. I still have faith in Sony.

Raistlin

kevm3 said:
Is this a sign of Japanese support for PS3 lowering?

In general? Not so far.

Some companies, most notably Capcom, have stated they want to appeal to western audiences more (since they finally acknowledge Japan is no longer the largest game consumer)

360 sales in the US have obviously made them reevaluate what needs to be done to secure better worldwide sales.

Assuming the 360 wins in America, unless Sony has a fall of epic proportions, it will still end up with more world-wide sales (MS just can't get going in Japan so far ... and there's a good chance Europe will continue to be Sonyland). With that in mind, the previous rumors about Capcom dropping PS3 support seems quite illogical.

Expect next-next-gen Capcom titles to mostly be PS3/360 ... and for them to put out some Wii exclusives.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Microsoft must be a party now. Xbox360 is on a roll.

Xbox360 a must?

Gears of War, Oblivion, Lost Planet, Dead Rising... what more is interesting that should I take care?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
TekunoRobby said:
:lol :lol :lol

This thread is killing the server!

The eventual MGS4 thread will probably destroy the servers in a way that no E3 could have imagined.

Bildi

Oh. Well, that's good for me.

DMC is one of the franchises I liked on PS2 and was preparing to forego this gen. Neato. :)

Sean

Banned
I was wondering why GAF was going so slow, now I see DMC4 announced as multi-platform and it all makes sense.

Can't wait to read through this thread after 24 is over, I wanna see how many people were banned so far. Time to go microwave some popcorn.

kevm3

Multiplatform games are bad for the PS3 in general, given that it's priced quite a bit higher than the 360, and unfortunately for Sony, many of the ports run better on the 360. The PS3 has, what, 2 known 3rd party exclusives that anybody cares about? And as the days pass by, I'm not even sure if those will remain exclusives. At times, it almost seems like Sony is TRYING to lose this generation. If they eliminate the 500 dollar version like was speculated, they'd really be in trouble, especially if Microsoft came with a price drop. 300 dollar with on par graphics with the 600 dollar machine.

Z3F

Banned
It's a bittersweet moment for me. I'm usually all for great games going multiplatform because great games should be played by as many as possible. However, the PS3 needs buyers/exclusives right now. It would only be positive for Sony if the PS3 version ends up significantly better than the other versions. I hope that Capcom doesn't screw up the PC version again like they did with RE4/DMC. If they do a good PC port, DMC4 at 60fps/1080p from my 8800GTX to the TV should be awesome.

WOW. Sony better ****ing explain this in a really good manner or else they are not getting my $60 dollars, rather stick to my Nintendo if Sony can't deliver.
story.jpg

NME

Good!

And just for shits and giggles, release the first 3 DMC games as a compilation for Xbox 360. It worked for that awful Dead or Alive series.

Kolgar

This was inevitable the day Kaz Hirai uttered those fateful words, "Five hundred ninety-nine U.S. dollars."

Still, it's a resounding statement nearly as damning as when Square moved FFVII to PSX in 1997.

Inevitable, but nonetheless, stunning.

Reilly

I come to GAF and notice it's super slow. I thought "There must have been a Mondayton" and, sure enough, I was right.

KINGMOKU

I would like all those in the latest NPD thread that stated;

"127k really isnt that bad for a 600$ system. It's amazing, borderline spectacular"

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

You CANNOT perfomr like that in the largest market, and expect to continue holding sway over the gaming worlds biggest franchises.

NOW, how many of you are willing to go along with me, after having seen the Wii's amazing performance all over the world, that Capcom has something pretty special up its sleave for the Wii?

After this annoucement, I am buying a 360 for absolute sure. It's going to be a great combo wii/360 baby.

Speaking as a Wii fanboy, Wow. I knew that the PS3 was gonna lose exclusives or have fewer games but never pegged this one as a multiplatform. I've always thought that DMC will live and die with Sony. But I'll be lying if I say that I'm not hard right now because of this little news.

Top Bottom