• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

Hagi23

Jirotrom said:
Wasn't the 360 supply constrained all throughout this time last year. Not that I care how the 360 sells as its the software sales that matter.
I dont care either but the 360 being supply constrained doesnt matter the fact still remains that 4 months in the PS3 is outselling what the 360 did in the same time span without Europe.

Im just saying.:)

1351 posts in a few hours, things seem calm. I guess GAF finally relieved itself and blew it's load.

I do predict about 58 junior bans though.

EDIT: 1368 posts -- damn 17 posts in before I edit?

Uh, people are acting like it's not coming out for PS3 anymore. What's the big deal? It's only evening out the supply of 3rd party games not giving Xbox360 any kind of advantage, is it?

I'm pretty sure MGS4 will be on Xbox360, too. Or the game comes out at the end of 2008. Still, when it comes to big exclusive games I see no advantage for MS.

It's just that both systems aren't selling enough and production costs are just too high to warrant these exclusive deals from 3rd parties anymore.

rod

Banned
Jirotrom said:
Did he really, i can't remember if that was about MGS4 or DMC4.

nothingtoseehereey5.jpg

:lol

Hagi23 said:
Isnt the PS3 outpacing the sales of the 360 4 months in at a higher price point and it still hasnt launched in Europe yet yeah SONY is doomed confirmed. :lol

Do you not realize that PS3s are available in stores, I went to Best Buy yesterday and they had units IN STOCK. This is for a brand that has a much much larger base and a fanbase than the Xbox brand.

If PS3 was 400$ it would be flying of shelves right now.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
This has certainly been a night for news. I was watching Chappelle's "****in' Up" skit before I logged in, the phrase has certainly been apt this evening. As a multiplatform dev, this is great - anything that expands the market is fine by me.

East Clintwood said:
Uh, people are acting like it's not coming out for PS3 anymore. What's the big deal? It's only evening out the supply of 3rd party games not giving Xbox360 any kind of advantage, is it?

I'm pretty sure MGS4 will be on Xbox360, too. Or the game comes out at the end of 2008. Still, when it comes to big exclusive games I see no advantage for MS.

It's just that both systems aren't selling enough and production costs are just too high to warrant these exclusive deals from 3rd parties anymore.

The deal is that companies and franchises that were traditionally Sony-exclusive (timed or otherwise) are now moving to get their games on the 360 because of its sales in NA/UK.

When the DMC4 footage from TGS was shown, people were quick to say 360 am doomed, and use it to justify their PS3 purchases. Not that anyone who bought a PS3 needs to justify a purchase, but the "we got DMC4" feeling was pretty visible here and at the IGN boards too.

maus

Capcom should just can the whole thing if everyone's gonna whine.

"YOU NO LIKE OUR MULTIPLATFORM VENTURES? NO DMC4 FOR YOU!"

180px-Sein_soup_nazi.jpg

DCharlie

Banned
oh there's more coming....

...which spells 'OH TEH NOES!' for what console?!? :O

both! this is going to go on and on and on and on and on and on...

in the end , one side will lob a nuke at the other, and the whole of GAF will be one nuclear wasteland, Robots will rise from the ashes and ironically computers will dictate which console wins!

xsarien

daedsiluap
DCharlie said:

in the end , one side will lob a nuke at the other, and the whole of GAF will be one nuclear wasteland, Robots will rise from the ashes and ironic computers will dictate which console wins!

You're such a tease. :(

Terrell

East Clintwood said:
Ummm... if you were anticipating these games on PS3, but didn't want to pay $599 for a PS3... well, look at that, you can get it on 360 and spend less money on the console.

That's the point... this is basically burying PS3's 3rd-party software advantage and diminishing sales of the console since a cheaper alternative with nearly the exact same 3rd-party lineup is available.

So yeah... it's an advantage for the 360.

cartoon_soldier said:
The deal is that companies and franchises that were traditionally Sony-exclusive (timed or otherwise) are now moving to get their games on the 360 because of its sales in NA/UK.

Hardly. It's just the only ****ing alternative. Wii is too weak to port it so there's only X360 left. Not because its sales are so good but because there are sales compared to PS3.

Hagi23

cartoon_soldier said:
Do you not realize that PS3s are available in stores, I went to Best Buy yesterday and they had units IN STOCK. This is for a brand that has a much much larger base and a fanbase than the Xbox brand.

If PS3 was 400$ it would be flying of shelves right now.
Im not debating the price point im just saying that as much as people like to say SONY is doing so bad they're outpacing the sales the 360 had in the same time frame. People bring up the supply troubles the 360 had but i could also say that they had the market all to themselves for a whole year while SONY is competing with the Wii,360 and itself with the PS2 and it still outsold the 360 in the first 4 months without launching in a major market.

The wii is kicking its ass right now but the 360 isnt if you really put it into perspective imho.:)

DCharlie

Banned
You're such a tease. :(

seriously - i'm not teasing about anything - there WILL be announcements that cause this type of thread in the future simply because of the way the industry is changing but, more accurately, that fanboys on both side are panty wetting fools.

AS pointed out elsewhere - the PS3 didn't really lose anything - DMC4 is still going to be as awesome as it would be on the PS3 but the panic this has caused is incredible.

The PS3 is more than one game - as is the X360.

The only reason this means anything to anyone is because it's a fanboy one upper!

xaosslug

DCharlie said:

in the end , one side will lob a nuke at the other, and the whole of GAF will be one nuclear wasteland, Robots will rise from the ashes and ironically computers will dictate which console wins!

meaning... 'i know NOTHING, teehee.' or '...I'VE SAID TOO MUCH, teehee.'
Indifferent2.gif

Hagi23 said:
Im not debating the price point im just saying that as much as people like to say SONY is doing so bad they're outpacing the sales the 360 had in the same time frame. People bring up the supply troubles the 360 had but i could also say that they had the market all to themselves for a whole year while SONY is competing with the Wii,360 and itself with the PS2 and it still outsold the 360 in the first 4 months without launching in a major market.

The wii is kicking its ass right now but the 360 isnt if you really put it into perspective imho.:)

The 360 was not found on store shelves (many places), the PS3 is found on store shelves (most places). Compared to how many more PS fans/owners are out there compared to the Xbox...

raYne

Hagi23 said:

So basically people should ignore the facts and see it from your perspective?

K.

DCharlie

Banned
meaning... 'i know NOTHING, teehee.' or '...I'VE SAID TOO MUCH, teehee.'

it's common knowledge on gaf that i know absolutely f' all, so i wouldn't read too much into what i posted - it was a wider observation.

OR WAS IT ? DUN DUN DEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!

DCharlie said:
seriously - i'm not teasing about anything - there WILL be announcements that cause this type of thread in the future simply because of the way the industry is changing but, more accurately, that fanboys on both side are panty wetting fools.

AS pointed out elsewhere - the PS3 didn't really lose anything - DMC4 is still going to be as awesome as it would be on the PS3 but the panic this has caused is incredible.

The only reason this means anything to anyone is because it's a fanboy one upper!
QFT.
It's what I've been trying to say but this thread steam rolls posts unless there is a funny picture involved.

ethelred

DCharlie said:

I don't understand if you're being deliberately obtuse here but it's pretty obvious that a game's enjoyment factor is severely lessened if it's on another console!

xaosslug

DCharlie said:
it's common knowledge on gaf that i know absolutely f' all, so i wouldn't read too much into what i posted - it was a wider observation.

OR WAS IT ? DUN DUN DEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!
:lol

Juice

So this is the temperature that SDF members melt!

After all they've been through in the last year, I'd expected them to be a bit heartier. Guess Home and LBP softened them up.

DCharlie said:

No, Sony does lose tons with this. Part of the whole playstation deal was that by buying one, you'd get more support than all other game consoles combined, with most of them exclusive. If you can get them on a cheaper console, with almost no graphical quality, Sony simply will keep on failing, they need these kind of games to sell the PS3.

This in turn affects Sony fans, since low installed userbase means less games...which is why I'm doubting getting a PS3 myself (never thought I'd say that).

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
cartoon_soldier said:
The 360 was not found on store shelves (many places), the PS3 is found on store shelves (most places). Compared to how many more PS fans/owners are out there compared to the Xbox...

your mom is found on store shelves (most places)

HokieJoe

Even if/when some of the expected 360 titles go to the PS3, I think that Sony has more to lose from this multiplatformaton than MS. The thing that's hurting Sony is price, pure and simple.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Thats it. I'm THIS CLOSE to trading in my PS3. I don't care about my G.A.P. status since it does NOTHING, they simply do NOT listen to their fans. I don't care about playing Resistance anymore since i cant even talk to people from my xmb buddy list. I cant even freaking download videos and play games at the same time. Sony ****ed up too hard this time, they cant even keep a staple PLAYSTATION game like Devil May Cry on their system because the system itself ISN'T SELLING...and I am done. This is a total meltdown for me so please don't ban me or think that i am trolling. I'm finished with this. It's really annoying to think about the money i wasted on a system that didn't live up to my expectations. When the price goes down to $299 i will consider it. but for now... $599 isn't justifiable whatsoever.

Exclusive games, Sony, gives me reasons to buy your system.

Nameless

TONX said:
Thats it. I'm THIS CLOSE to trading in my PS3. I don't care about my G.A.P. status since it does NOTHING, they simply do NOT listen to their fans. I don't care about playing Resistance anymore since i cant even talk to people from my xmb buddy list. I cant even freaking download videos and play games at the same time. Sony ****ed up too hard this time, they cant even keep a staple PLAYSTATION game like Devil May Cry on their system because the system itself ISN'T SELLING...and I am done. This is a total meltdown for me so please don't ban me or think that i am trolling. I'm finished with this. It's really annoying to think about the money i wasted on a system that didn't live up to my expectations. When the price goes down to $299 i will consider it. but for now... $599 isn't justifiable whatsoever.

But you can still play DMC4 on PS3. May be heard if you sell it, though.

Nameless said:
But you can still play DMC4 on PS3. May be heard if you sell it, though.

Yeah, but he can sell it now and get DMC4 AND Lost Planet AND Dead Rising on 360. That's what's so ****ed up about this, it's a 100% Sony loss.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
TONX said:

Sony's first part.......

ah **** it nobody really gives a damn in here. :lol

Jirotrom

Hagi23 said:

Screw hardware my friend..software sales are whats important.

TONX said:

:lol :lol :lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Logan Cano said:
Yeah, but he can sell it now and get DMC4 AND Lost Planet AND Dead Rising. That's what's so ****ed up about this.

But can he play Heavenly Sword and GT5 on that other system?

Top Bottom