• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(OH SHIZNITS) Devil May Cry 4 confirmed multiplatform PS3/360/PC

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
bps3.jpg
People buy Playstations for the first-party games anyways (i.e. the LBPlanets and the Grand Tourismonos.).

Defuser

DoctorWho said:
What happens if sony buys Take Two? Can GAF handle the load?
Sony have pay $$$ for loss of the xbox360 version plus their lawsuits from jack thompson/public which probably will kill Sony faster.

m0dus said:
I'm sorry, I'm still reeling from the fact that you managed to say Ninja Gaiden Sigma > Ninja Gaiden 2 with a straight face. I'm no list-fiend, but seriously, you have to be kidding :)

I almost fell out of my chair when Hagi23 wrote that.

xaosslug

DoctorWho said:
What happens if sony buys Take Two. Can GAF handle the load?

you know, that assplains why they let DMC4 exclusivity go... they was re-routing funds... and then if we read a little bit into Phil's comment on GTAIV going mulitplat... :O

:lol

Big-E

Icarus said:
7m units sold in three single-platform outtings?

I'd say it's pretty damn big.

Apparently though a large chunk of that number is DMC1. And someone stated earlier that DMC3 was only able to muster roughly 700k copies.

I almost feel bad for Sony. They have to deal with the Wii/DS shitstorm in Japan and the Microsoft juggernaut in NA. Their first party better make some Euro-centric games to corner the very last major market left.

jaypah

well. this has been entertaining that's for sure. i'd like to take this time out to thank all who participated with hilarious gifs and photoshopped material. it's too many to mention you all by name but you guys did a bang-up job.

MS is sitting nice right now.
Capcom is makin' bank (BAAAAALLLLLIIINNNN')
Sony caught another jab but they're far from defeated with a stupid line-up on the way.
fanboys are just as retarded as ever.
as always, PLAY GAMES!

beat

GhaleonEB said:
Between this and the February NPD thread, I my amusing GIF collection has gone through the roof. :lol
I wish GAF had an "best posts viewing mode" for legendary threads.

DoctorWho said:
What happens if sony buys Take Two? Can GAF handle the load?
Absolutely no way. Take-Two has huge amounts of resources invested in multiplatform development. Sony would have to waste millions and millions of dollars on a lot of assets that they would end up discarding or investing even more money in to convert to single-platform development. Same goes for Microsoft and Nintendo, it would not be worthwhile for any platform holder to acquire such a large third party publisher. That's not even to address the redundancy of Take-Two's other publishing labels like Global Star, which Sony would have little use for. I mean I could maybe see Sony trying to acquire just Rockstar Games, if Take-Two attempts to sell of its assets individually, but if Take-Two is going to hang on to anything that would be the thing to hang onto.

Strike

Gahiggidy said:
People buy Playstations for the first-party games anyways (i.e. the LBPlanets and the Grand Tourismonos.).

:lol Now that's some good spin. Save that for the NPD's next month.

Not really surprised at this news. Sony is apparently relying on their first party games to sell the PS3. I am beginning to think that they are going to lose all of their exclusives. At least pay for a timed exclusive and try to keep the multiplatform status on the down low guys. It is disturbing that we find out about these multiplatform games many months in advance so people can cancel their plans to get a PS3 just for these titles.

smallsoft

Wow man, just wow. It seems like every week, more bad news trickles in for sony. Whether its low NPD numbers, getting beaten by the Wii in Japan, or losing former 3rd party exclusives....its just bad.

So has this thread calmed down yet ?

I don't get the people comparing this to N64 style 3rd party migration, I mean people are acting like Capcom canceled the PS3 game.

The games are still available on the platform and it's NOT a huge blow to Sony nor is it a huge gain for MS, the only one who's really being affected here is Capcom in the sense that the potential user base for DMC 4 is the total user base of BOTH PS3 and 360.

xsarien

daedsiluap
smallsoft said:
Wow man, just wow. It seems like every week, more bad news trickles in for sony. Whether its low NPD numbers, getting beaten by the Wii in Japan, or losing former 3rd party exclusives....its just bad.

Good ****ing God...

DMC was never a true exclusive. It was "exclusive" in that Capcom never thought it was worth porting to other consoles, not because Sony paid for the game. GTA would fall into the latter category, and losing exclusivity to that franchise was, and is a much bigger deal than DMC.

DCharlie

Banned
Is Xbox 360 really selling that well?

Shhh.

it's bombing everywhere! Capcom have been badly burnt by two million plus sellers , so i'm sure that's as big a warning to them as anything and probably the sign that they need to abandon the support of X360/multiplatform in favour of the PS3 alone (which i hear is selling at a faster rate than the PS2 - amazing stuff)

dankir

I think what is more important is what will Shane say this week in the 1up yours podcast, he did say "IT 100% PERCENT EXCLUSIVE, NEVER GONNA HAPPEN"

Jirotrom

dankir said:
I think what is more important is what will Shane say this week in the 1up yours podcast, he did say "IT 100% PERCENT EXCLUSIVE, NEVER GONNA HAPPEN"
Did he really, i can't remember if that was about MGS4 or DMC4.

nothingtoseehereey5.jpg

Hagi23

DCharlie said:
it's bombing everywhere! Capcom have been badly burnt by two million plus sellers , so i'm sure that's as big a warning to them as anything and probably the sign that they need to abandon the support of X360/multiplatform in favour of the PS3 alone (which i hear is selling at a faster rate than the PS2 - amazing stuff)
Isnt the PS3 outpacing the sales of the 360 4 months in at a higher price point and it still hasnt launched in Europe yet yeah SONY is doomed confirmed. :lol

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Wolves Evolve said:
I love all the locked threads on GAF right now!

I am very much looking forward to playing DMC4 on either console. It is pretty funny. Sony, you have -this- much time to release a Sixaxis with rumble and get your achievement system ready. Otherwise, I will just buy all my multiplatform games for the 360. MGS4 will go multiplatform (I thought this was obvious from the drop in texture quality over the last year in the screenshots?).

And he sneaks his trolling in there while the mods try to keep up with the madness. How about the drop in quality was more to do with running ACTUAL GAME CODE compared to controlled events. You can do a lot more when the events are totally under your control, but when there's a game actually being played, things change.

Big-E said:
Apparently though a large chunk of that number is DMC1. And someone stated earlier that DMC3 was only able to muster roughly 760k copies in the United States alone..

Fixed.
BTW, that someone was me. And I made it clear the 760k figure was for only one territory, please don't mis-quote me, be it direct or not.

Speevy

Banned
Hagi23 said:
Isnt the PS3 outpacing the sales of the 360 4 months in at a higher price point and it still hasnt launched in Europe yet yeah SONY is doomed confirmed. :lol

In the US, sort of. But the 360 never had a 127K February, so that's new.

Jirotrom

Hagi23 said:
Wasn't the 360 supply constrained all throughout this time last year. Not that I care how the 360 sells as its the software sales that matter.

smallsoft

xsarien said:
Good ****ing God...

DMC was never a true exclusive. It was "exclusive" in that Capcom never thought it was worth porting to other consoles, not because Sony paid for the game. GTA would fall into the latter category, and losing exclusivity to that franchise was, and is a much bigger deal than DMC.

Doesn't matter. Anyway you slice it, its bad news for Sony. Bad news on top more bad news...I am just glad i don't own any of their stock.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
smallsoft said:
Doesn't matter. Anyway you slice it, its bad news for Sony. Bad news on top more bad news...I am just glad i don't own any of their stock.

would be a good time to BUY their stock though

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Hagi23 said:

Sorry, what was the first month the 360 sold <130k?

Top Bottom