• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok honestly speaking, would you approach a landed UFO?

I'd take a good picture first just so I have evidence that the UFO exists and then I would get out of there. I'm not going to take any chances when it comes to aliens.

tuffy

I'd get a couple of pals together and cautiously approach the UFO while waving a makeshift white flag, to let them know we're friendly.

red731

latest

Tasted like a fish guys. What is happening.

Majin Boo

I would approach it of course. If they came here to harm us running away won't make any difference, but if they are peaceful being the first human to get into contact with them would be amazing.

I would. Nobody's getting that opportunity again, first chance at contact with our alien overlords. I'd just have to be careful not to fuck it up and get us all killed or enslaved. But I think i'd do a better job than the FBI or whoever else.

Kolibri

Saw one above some woods while I was riding my bike one evening in the late 90's.

Never rode so fast in my life. Noped the fuck out of there.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Saw one above some woods while I was riding my bike one evening in the late 90's.

Never rode so fast in my life. Noped the fuck out of there.

A helicopter flew low over me shining a light last night but I just flipped them off.

jelly

I imagine an alien that has managed to travel to earth would be at least an explorer and possibly enlightened enough to be friendly. It would be scary so I don't know if my nerve would hold but like to think I would go for it. On the other hand they could be the Christopher Columbus of Aliens and you're in for a horrible time.

Yes, and with my phone out to record the whole thing.

If they were hostile, they would automatically go in guns blazing, taking out strategic positions first.

If they were on a reconnaissance mission before the hostile engagement, then they wouldn't land a craft that can be so easily discovered. They would or should have the means of being more covert.

If they were friendly and looking for first contact, then they would probably approach a highly populated area.

If they were curious and just wanted a quick check of Earth, they could land anywhere and I would help them with that too.

If they had a breakdown, they would probably land anywhere and need help, which I would like to try to help them with.

I would make THIS the Mirror Universe.

Is your name Zephram Conchrane and are you working on a warp drive ship?

cr0w

Old Member
Probably, yeah.

I used to think if I ever saw anything paranormal that I'd go the opposite way, but when I actually did while I was ghost hunting I ran straight toward it because my curiosity got the better of me. I think I'd want to know what I was seeing too badly to turn back.

I would be noping out of there as fast as possible. Let some other idiot find the thing, and die a horrible death, let the aliens handle contact themselves, or let someone who has some sort of qualifications handle it.

200_s.gif

Rocket, I'm taking a rocket! I'm packing my suitcase, and look out moooooooooon!

Yeah, a rocket, into outer space, goodbye human race, I'll be there soooooon!

Blast off! For fun and adventure, yes, I said adventure, collecting stoooooones!

Yeah it's my way, or the old space highway, that's why they all say, "There goes Astronaut Jones!”

HEY!

Zakalwe

Banned
Yes.

The opportunity to make first contact with friendly life has so many possibilities, too many to not risk becoming a flesh battery for a worn out bio-engine or something.

69fdaef91a114f966b215b296b6745e6.jpg

But seriously, I'll take a shitload of pictures and videos. And get closer as I can get. Those weird motherfuckers intrigued the shit outta me.

jmood88

My first thought was, "hell no", then I thought about the possibility of me getting super powers and I'd have to stop and consider it for a moment.

Depends on what it looks like. If it looks like an intelligent species I would possibly approach it. If it looks like the Destroyer of Worlds ready to wipe humanity into extinction I'm running for my dam life LOL

TaterTots

Banned
As much as I'm fascinated by UFO theories, I would never approach an actual UFO. If they were from another galaxy, the chances of them coming here because they need a certain resource is too great. I'm gonna run like hell.

Dipper145

I'd assume a society or culture with the technology to travel intergalactically would also have the intelligence to know how and to whom to make contact with first, so I believe the first time I would ever have a chance of even seeing a UFO in person would be decades after seeing them on television or the internet.

bengraven

Going by the evidence of my lucid dreams - no.

I would run the fuck out of there, find a car, and scream away from the first contact site while George W Bush and his family welcome the invaders with open arms.

At least that's how my last invasion dream ended.

commedieu

Banned
close enough to take good video. But nah... too risky.

Either its aliens, or black ops. Both lower your chances of survival.

takriel

Oh I would have to go. They would most likely kill me, take me as prisoner or whatever, but my curiosity would get the better of me.

Top Bottom