• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok honestly speaking, would you approach a landed UFO?

Pesmerga00

Yes, absolutely.

It's kinda sad GAF is filled with such a lack of curiosity. Do you honestly think running would help. If they are hostile you are dead. On that same note, I doubt a species capable of the feats needed to get here, would be dumb enough to also be "Trigger Happy".

.JayZii

Banned
Yes, absolutely.

It's kinda sad GAF is filled with such a lack of curiosity. Do you honestly think running would help. If they are hostile you are dead. On that same note, I doubt a species capable of the feats needed to get here, would be dumb enough to also be "Trigger Happy".
Oh you sweet summer child. You lack imagination.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I'd take a video with my phone and then wait for the call from Art Bell.

Pilgrimzero

Seriously, id maybe take a pic and then flee.

More than likely any alien visitors would be hostile.

Much like our own explorers of old, we were looking for resources, which included slaves.

Ravelle

Only if it meant me joining the Green Lantern Corps.

Also it depends what kind UFO we're talking here, if it's adorable saucer style air-craft then yes, if it's giant oval spheres like in Arrival, then No.

Fisty

I would act just like an American black guy in a routine traffic stop: sweating profusely, not moving without being instructed to do so, and with full knowledge I've got a 50/50 chance of not walking away unharmed.

TheStig88

I'd like to think that I would, but 'Fire in the Sky' makes me doubt it. I couldn't have been much more than 6-7 when I saw that movie and it fucked me up. That scene has stuck with me to this day.

I'd like to think that I would, but 'Fire in the Sky' makes me doubt it. I couldn't have been much more than 6-7 when I saw that movie and it fucked me up. That scene has stuck with me to this day.

Yes fuck that

Torture and being kept alive with medicine to experiment more is far worse than a death. That movie gives nightmares

.JayZii

Banned
I really don't.

At that level of tech, would they even need to experiment. A few scans should tell them everything.
And what if that scan disassembles you molecule by molecule or something. At that level of tech why do they need you alive? To keep as a pet?

Kurdel

Banned
Hell no.

Gaffers in here prove once again that they are as smart as the crew of the Prometheus.

main-qimg-2c60d5d702b58c8337d52b4b4c80213a-c

Belker

I think I would. I'd certainly watch it carefully and then it's a question whether my human curiosity would override my human flight response.

As an aside, I watched Fire in the Sky again the other day. It holds up quite well. What I hadn't picked up on is that in the alien scene, the detritus of previous human experiments looked like the piles of shoes etc. in Auschwitz. Sombre detail.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
He'll yeah I would. I would touch the UFO with my nasty fingers that are grubby from eating shrimp earlier.

Kelsdesu

Yes. I would ask them to give me a GL ring and or a Guyver armor, or anything cool for that matter like that one movie.

Diablos

are you kidding me? I would run

Not like that may matter with the advanced tech they would have at their disposal...

No. Only two real options here.

If it's real, then I definitely do NOT want to be the one to make first contact with hostile or friendly aliens because I would be creeped out either way and there's no way of telling beforehand.

And it it's a fake, chances are I would just be creeped out by the people organizing such an elaborate hoax.

Yes.

Although i don't think that UFOs really exist as in that it's piloted by aliens. Probably it's some secret test plane from goverments. Have you ever thought why there are about a million reports about UFOs but not one, not a single clear photo ever released or taken by a random person? Yeah...

That'd scare me more, honestly. Aliens might be chill, but the government will make you disappear if you fuck with their top secret shit.

Top Bottom