• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok, We need to know this: Is the XSX more powerful than the PS5 or not?

rnlval

Does not prove otherwise either, a bug where if you restart checkpoint it goes away.

So your wrong.
"Coming to the Ray Tracing, when both the consoles are tested in the Ray Tracing/60 fps mode, Xbox Series X performs better, running at a solid 60 fps, whereas PS5 occasionally declines to 40fps"

You're wrong.

geordiemp

"Coming to the Ray Tracing, when both the consoles are tested in the Ray Tracing/60 fps mode, Xbox Series X performs better, running at a solid 60 fps, whereas PS5 occasionally declines to 40fps"

You're wrong.

And when starting the same point again it runs at 60 FPS, same rendering, same RT, same scripted sequence, its called a bug.

Your logic is so funny

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
SMH so you're just trying to make it sound better lol

It’s a fact. Lol it has more.

But like the 6900 vs 6800xt there’s not much of a gain for some reason by just having more processors. Is it a low power draw? Is it a driver issue? rdna2 just seems to not gain much by having those additional CUs.

darthvaderer

Neo Member
s7lmWpH.jpg

jose4gg

And when starting the same point again it runs at 60 FPS, same rendering, same RT, same scripted sequence, its called a bug.

Your logic is so funny

I even think it has already been patched and the bug does not exist anymore, I think something more dramatic was happening with RT on in the same game in XSX that was shutting down consoles 😂😂😂😂, It has been patched too, btw, I just want to point out the reality.

Reality: it's a total wash due to efficiency of PS5 vs. raw power of XSX, and the game developers (1st party) will be the ones pushing the consoles.
What you said actually equals what you were responding to.
Playstation warrior: It isn't, microsoft is full of shit

Xbox warrior: Of course it is, its the most powerful console
See, you even said it, the xbox isn't the most powerful, I don't see what's wrong with making that claim... it's only shocking if you were expecting the xbox series x to DESTROY the PS5 and PCMR.

You're wrong.
Well picked quote.

The game has a known bug, I'm fairly sure it has been fixed already, the developers admitted to it... and even if they did not, it's reproductible and reloading your game in the same area makes it "go away" (also showing Sony's tools may not be there yet).

PoundSand

Banned
Whether one of the two is more powerful has zero bearing on the few meaningful parts of your lives.

It won't be long lasting memory.
It won't make you happier whilep playing games.
It won't give you any tangible advantage in life.
And it certainly won't enlarge your dick.

Currently, console-only gamers are crying about Cyberpunk 2077's performance on consoles, meanwhile PC-gamers are enjoying the definitive goty 2020. Stop having these cringe console wars and just go play the games you find interesting. In the end, we all die and life is devoid of any meaning, so don't waste it with the wastest of waste.

Whether one of the two is more powerful has zero bearing on the few meaningful parts of your lives.

It won't be long lasting memory.
It won't make you happier whilep playing games.
It won't give you any tangible advantage in life.
And it certainly won't enlarge your dick.

Currently, console-only gamers are crying about Cyberpunk 2077's performance on consoles, meanwhile PC-gamers are enjoying the definitive goty 2020. Stop having these cringe console wars and just go play the games you find interesting. In the end, we all die and life is devoid of any meaning, so don't waste it with the wastest of waste.
That's nice and all, but the title of the thread is:

So, that brings in the all the knuckle-dragging fucks like us. Stave off boredom and have a chat about bullshit. Listen, I think we all agree with you on a fundamental level, but this ain't the place for it.

Edit: With that said, I think the PS5 will have it's multi-platform wins, and even when it's not, it will always be nipping at Series X heels. I'm just impressed with its efficiency and wish to see the damn x-ray shot.

Last edited:
Edit: With that said, I think the PS5 will have it's multi-platform wins, and even when it's not, it will always be nipping at Series X heels. I'm just impressed with its efficiency and wish to see the damn x-ray shot.
Phil must have it, he also has a voodoo doll made to the image of the Cerny.

PoundSand

Banned

So, that brings in the all the knuckle-dragging fucks like us. Stave off boredom and have a chat about bullshit. Listen, I think we all agree with you on a fundamental level, but this ain't the place for it.

But how do you really feel, Dave? We all know it doesn't really matter which system is a tiny bit more powerful than the other. This whole debate is a placeholder discussion that exists to hide your real concerns. Is Corona taking its toll on you after all? Any issues at school/work? Or maybe your gf broke up with you recently? We're all here to help you. The same goes for everyone else. Re-direct your console warrior energy at meaningful topics and it'll improve your situation. Again: It's all good. Christmas is nigh :)

3BA56957DFA9EE50E330A83B60A998F14702279D

But how do you really feel, Dave? We all know it doesn't really matter which system is a tiny bit more powerful than the other. This whole debate is a placeholder discussion that exists to hide your real concerns. Is Corona taking its toll on you after all? Any issues at school/work? Or maybe your gf broke up with you recently? We're all here to help you. The same goes for everyone else. Re-direct your console warrior energy at meaningful topics and it'll improve your situation. Again: It's all good. Christmas is nigh :)

3BA56957DFA9EE50E330A83B60A998F14702279D
I'm 35, steady work, girlfriend lives with me, and have an adorable beagle mix. I do not appreciate patronizing anime girl stuff. Thank you.

Also, you missed my point, we are just shooting the shit here. I do not take this stuff that seriously. It's kind of silly of you to post in a thread discussing console hardware about how we're wasting time. I mean, you're here after all?

rnlval

Your logic is so funny
Not with this chase scene

RT with many other effects = higher frame rate drop for PS5.

Try harder.

Last edited:

rnlval

Well picked quote.

The game has a known bug, I'm fairly sure it has been fixed already, the developers admitted to it... and even if they did not, it's reproductible and reloading your game in the same area makes it "go away" (also showing Sony's tools may not be there yet).

Chase scene with many other concurrent effects with RT resulted in a higher frame rate drop for PS5.

Last edited:

jose4gg

Not with this scene

RT with many other effects = higher frame rate drop for PS5.

Try harder.

If you take your time and read the description you will find this:

UPDATE 2: Also some debate about the PS5's frame-rate drop in RT mode. This is what happens when you play the game, but it is a bug. If you restart from a checkpoint, there's a chance you'll get the sequence running with much-improved performance: https://youtu.be/B5b5DXmdVpA

It was a BUG and it has been fixed, NOTHING related to performance...

Last edited:

rnlval

Surely you can't be serious. You must be trolling or are you just really really dumb? They're literally plastic boxes man you don't have to fight a stupid battle which you literally can not win as you're in the wrong lol.
Your statement is hypocritical.

Prove it.
Man, you should have kept up with the conversation instead of coming here acting all smug when your "smoking gun" has been known and fixed probably weeks ago.

This is the same as those people posting about the BC PS5 games that don't have a 120fps mode... or if the BC game with a 60fps more has a few dips compared to the Series X--this is a known behavior, caused by Sony's handling of BC, if anything this is embarrassing for the series x because the PS5 is still so close and it runs with less than 50% of its hardware resources.

A win is a win though, this is what the greater unity between microdot's different platforms allows for without too much effort on the developer's part.

rnlval

Man, you should have kept up with the conversation instead of coming here acting all smug when your "smoking gun" has been known and fixed probably weeks ago.

This is the same as those people posting about the BC PS5 games that don't have a 120fps mode... or if the BC game with a 60fps more has a few dips compared to the Series X--this is a known behavior, caused by Sony's handling of BC, if anything this is embarrassing for the series x because the PS5 is still so close and it runs with less than 50% of its hardware resources.

A win is a win though, this is what the greater unity between microdot's different platforms allows for without too much effort on the developer's part.
I disagreed with MS's disabling XSX's boost mode when increase clock speed can be exchanged for unused compute resources. PC GPU's boost mode exchanges unused compute resources for higher clock speed.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
You argued PS5's problem has "go away", but checkpoint reloading didn't eliminate the drop frames from 60 fps target.

Correct. DF delisted their fixed video because the supposed reloading fix doesn't work every time, probably because these scenes are playable and dynamic, there is actually more than one of them and the load can be different depending on player input.

Also you only have to look at the first comparison DF did of DMC5, Series X outperformed PS5 at identical settings and resolutions in both Ray Tracing modes, also Watch Dogs where PS5 doesn't reflect the puddles but Xbox does, even Series S.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
This has never been about one machine being more powerful than the other. It's the narrative that one company and its die-hard followers been repeating ad-nauseum since last March. Then, the first round of games came............
True but also there were PS fans who where disappointed that PS5 was 10.28tf, there were also people who thought its only going to be a slight rez advantage to SX(me)and those who said it would be closer than th 18% because of xyz etc. Of course the nature of people is to focus on Ps5 slightly outperforming in certain games. And I do think SX may have very slight advantages when proper next gen games start to appear and sometimes Ps5. But I think there are lessons to be learned here for a lot of us. Btw I'm very happy with my SX and being honest I was surprised to see Ps5 having a slight advantage and I will get one next year.

Gudji

Correct. DF delisted their fixed video because the supposed reloading fix doesn't work every time, probably because these scenes are playable and dynamic, there is actually more than one of them and the load can be different depending on player input.

Also you only have to look at the first comparison DF did of DMC5, Series X outperformed PS5 at identical settings and resolutions in both Ray Tracing modes, also Watch Dogs where PS5 doesn't reflect the puddles but Xbox does, even Series S.

NXGamer did the testing on CoD too, he said it's a bug.

Regarding DMC5, DF said both consoles are like for like on the 1080p RT mode. They also said that in the RT Quality mode (4K) XSX has a very small advantage in some scenes with very few FPS difference and PS5 manages to match XSX during most of the time.

Watchdogs (DF):

But to address the most burning question, I can confirm right away that Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 do indeed run with practically identical visual settings - an almost complete match for the details locked away in the PC version's configuration files (which don't just include PC settings, but every single version). This is most readily evident in side-by-side ray tracing comparisons - the RT effect is identical, but crucially, the cut-off for objects not in the reflection is also the same, meaning matched fidelity in the effect itself, but also identical compromises and optimisations.

There seems to be a bug on Xbox Series platforms here as for some reason. Series X delivers a slightly lower level of texture filtering than its PS5 equivalent. Again, checking the 'reference' config files stashed within the PC version, Series X and PS5 should be using the same ultra quality setting, while Series S explicitly gets a cut-back rendition of the effect. Beyond that, any differences between the premium consoles are thin on the ground - literally. I noticed that puddles are missing in RT reflections on PS5, but not on Xbox consoles, likely another inconsistency rather than intended behaviour.

Are you really implying XSS can do RT in puddles but PS5 can't? Lmao

Gaelyon

It's really a tie, power wise, both consoles are so close it's not meaningfull. The difference are what did they provide beside that.

Xbox has Gamepass as service and big purchases of games studios to feed it, while Playstation has an unmatched 1st party games lineup with top tier studios, the Dualsense and the strongest brand recognition worldwide.

Kokoloko85

Despite everything there alot closer in power than both sides think. Its not gonna be a big issue going forward.
Its going to be about the console exclusives

MonarchJT

Banned

why impressed it cost the same ...

MonarchJT

Banned
PS5 looks to be 10-15% more powerful so far (pretty much the opposite what was expected before launch). However, after devs rewrite their game engines for SSD, I expect PS5 to widen the gap significantly.
lol for some ppl after the ps4pro vs xbox one x this will be the longest gen

why impressed it cost the same ...
I mean, you can get it cheaper with the digital (if you can find it). Point I'm making is, despite the paper spec difference, PS5 is outperforming or very closely matching SeriesX. Color me impressed. It may go even further if developers take advantage of PS5's sheer data throughput prowess. More than likely that will be a first-party only thing, but Epic's new Unreal engine could make that more of a possibility for third-party.

Top Bottom