• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey i'm on teamcg all the way...but.........

I'm feeling like Locke in season 3.

Gimme a sign, dammit.
Brother, we must keep the faith strong. Our sign will come when Kojima reveals to the world what we have known all this time. Until then though, we must handle our oppression with humility, understanding that our divine reward is almost upon us.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
zFuoLJE.png

#Believe #TeamCG
I love your shops Decoy, keep em coming.

Still #TeamReal

javac

Brother, we must keep the faith strong. Our sign will come when Kojima reveals to the world what we have known all this time. Until then though, we must handle our oppression with humility, understanding that our divine reward is almost upon us.

Team Real: Why didn't you just... kill me?

Team CG: You don't fear death... You welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.

Team Real: CG?

Team CG: Yes. But not of your body... Of your face.

Team Real: Where am I?

Team CG: Konami HQ, where I learned the truth about Fox Engine, as will you. There's a reason why this building is the worst hell on earth... CG. Every man who has ventured here over the centuries has looked up to the CG and imagined climbing to freedom. So easy... So simple... And like tech demo, men turning to $400 GPU's due to thirst, many have died trying. I learned here that there can be no true despair without CG. So, as I terrorize GDC, I will feed its gamers hope to poison their graphics cards. I will let them believe they can avoid the CG so that you can watch them clamoring over each other to "stay REAL."

You can watch me torture an entire industry and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Kojima's destiny... We will destroy the gaming industry and all of humanity and then, when it is done and the Earth is ashes, then you have my permission to become CG

Vally

This thread is amazing. As much as I want to believe, I'm gonna have to side with TeamReal on this... the animation and details are just too good. But Kojima is definitely the kind of guy who would pull a stunt like this and I'd love to have my mind blown, so hopefully I'm wrong :D

31QwmH4.png

Thanks, I asked about this before as Fujitsu had just announced a phone which uses this to measure your pulse via video. While there is no chance this is CG and I agree nobody is likely to bother right now, but do you think adding the minute colour fluctuations in virtual characters would do something to improve the 'uncanny valley' effect or do humans simply not tend to notice it?

I really don't know. Finding that out might be difficult. I suppose you could de-emphasize colour changes in footage of real humans and see if people can point to the deader video, but that sounds like a lot of trouble to go through for something that, I think, isn't actually very difficult to make a skin shader do. After that people will make tech demos of sweat evaporating from Jin's shoulder in sync with his heartbeat. Either might well be the holy grail of CGI but I am not yet hyped.

MaLDo

I really don't know. Finding that out might be difficult. I suppose you could de-emphasize colour changes in footage of real humans and see if people can point to the deader video, but that sounds like a lot of trouble to go through for something that, I think, isn't actually very difficult to make a skin shader do. After that people will make tech demos of sweat evaporating from Jin's shoulder in sync with his heartbeat. Either might well be the holy grail of CGI but I am not yet hyped.

wow.

is uuaschbaer an anagram of Schau Bauer?

t00t

Neo Member
There is absolutely no chance that this is CG

...but at the same time, I hope it is

...but it definitely isn't.

Cha

Besides looking ultra realistic, that guy's movements and behavior was far too believable for it to be CG. If this interview turn out to actually be CG I would be very surprised. It would be a great leap over and "the uncanny valley". A perfect blend of realism and believability of motion. But I still say it's real (it better be, for the sake of my sanity)

moka

Besides looking ultra realistic, that guy's movements and behavior was far too believable for it to be CG. If this interview turn out to actually be CG I would be very surprised. It would be a great leap over and "the uncanny valley". A perfect blend of realism and believability of motion. But I still say it's real (it better be, for the sake of my sanity)

Like others have said in this thread, Occam's razor says it's real.

Top Bottom