• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, TeamCG. Come own up to your foolishness. #trolljima

Is Joakim Mogren CG?

Results are only viewable after voting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
This entire depraved thread owes Huelen a hand-written apology.

#TeamGreenEyes

ibzRclppJXMtPW.jpg

AkuMifune

Banned
This is it right? The culling of GAF? We can get rid of all the gullible, naive nancy's in one fell swoop? Anyone on Team CG shouldn't be taken seriously anymore. A giant pink tag for all of them. Jesters, jokers and fools!

Persona86

Banned
Isn't that what you said the first time...? Apparently I read it how you meant to write it.

Your psychic, start a new thread.

Edit: Anyway I watched it in slow motion, can anyone explain why his cheek and neck flickers first and then only his neck flickers separately after, if it was the same light source why would it do that?

Midou

Nice to see reality has taken its course.

It just seems like, if it is real, they would never say anything about it at GDC... so I guess that should be default if there is no mention of it by the end of the panel.

Wallach

Your psychic, start a new thread.

Edit: Anyway I watched it in slow motion, can anyone explain why his cheek flickers first and then the neck flickers separately after, if it was the same light source it why would it do that?

This was actually the first question I asked myself after reading the OP, and I put forth what I think is happening back then (page 5 or something). I'm pretty sure he's hitting the Home button (since he wants to "hide" the image the accidentally showed) and trying to move the iPad away from where he had it. So it's moving in his right hand from left to right as he's putting it to his side.

I haven't been able to see the interview since Viacom keeps pulling it. I still voted #TeamReal just based on the OP gifs though.

Anyone have another link?

Persona86

Banned
This was actually the first question I asked myself after reading the OP, and I put forth what I think is happening back then (page 5 or something). I'm pretty sure he's hitting the Home button (since he wants to "hide" the image the accidentally showed) and trying to move the iPad away from where he had it. So it's moving in his right hand from left to right as he's putting it to his side.

Yeah that came to my mind too, still looks strange, you can't convert me! :p

Maybe you can, if you can explain this too.

unfortunatelyf4u7v.gif

Canine tooth appears to go through the bottom tooth.

Branduil

joakimflashzczdh.gif

• ambient light reflection on the right is likely caused by portable light reflector often used in these kind of interviews.

• flesh sticking together in the left corner of mouth as he opens it

• self shadowing on teeth? Don't think so

• various ambient coloured hues on bandages as the head moves

• skin imperfections and contortions that are rarely seen in even the highest quality tech demos -- see: recent Nvidia demo. Pay attention to protrusion of larynx / subglottis as he speaks.

• skin discolouration caused by differing blood flow at the anterior border of the eyelid, and around the medial angle of the eye. Very rarely accurately textured for in CG.

This really only looks odd because his eyes are pulled by the bandages and its a very dark set.

TEAM REAL.

Entire team CG camp is bonkers.

Yep.

It's absurd to think that the most photo-realistic human CGI in history would be used on a obscure video game commercial. Absurd.

abrack08

I don't know what you're seeing. I never see any tooth go through another.

Can you not vote in a poll on mobile gaf? I'm on my phone at work and it doesnt even show that there is a poll.

Wallach

Doesn't look like the teeth clip each other to me. He's definitely got an overbite, and while the lower jaw comes forward while he's talking it doesn't look like it ever does anything but come up to almost align with the upper briefly. I mean, if that tooth was in a position to do that, his lower incisors would be even more forward but they clearly never pass through the upper incisors.

And people says TeamCG theories are wonkers lol

bud23

Well, it seems I've really lost my mind. After much thought and some deep considerations, I come here to say that I´m now a proud member of the CG team!! Kojima's GDC presentation can´t come soon enough.

QiBRRhl.png

#In Kojima we trust.

*snip*
Strangely it's the opposite for me. All the shots of his mouth convinced me that he's real because there's no way a perfectionist like Kojima wouldn't straighten up those teeth a little bit. Either that or go total jacked up teeth for the lols, I can't see anything in between.

TrutaS

Seeing these up-close gifs force me to vote for team real. That is not CG or Nvidia would not even bother to show that lacking facial demonstration this very week.

Persona86

Banned
Doesn't look like the teeth clip each other to me. He's definitely got an overbite, and while the lower jaw comes forward while he's talking it doesn't look like it ever does anything but come up to almost align with the upper briefly. I mean, if that tooth was in a position to do that, his lower incisors would be even more forward but they clearly never pass through the upper incisors.

When I press Ctrl and + to zoom in and look at the canine tooth it really does appear to go through the bottom tooth. It could be an illusion, but it really does look like it does to me.

Liamario

Banned
Just looked at the current results; team CG in the lead. I'd say I've lost faith in humanity, but that happened a long time ago.

Why is it wonkers? He was holding an iPad and then pretends to reveal something with it that he didn't mean to. Him quickly putting it away seems a pretty reasonable reaction.

Because is clear that they are 2 separate shots. And that the reaction part is independent of the one he is showing the images.

I just watched the interview... what in the world are people seeing that makes them think that's CG? The interview was incredibly weird but it's just KojiPro playing strange mind games like they usually do.

Wallach

Because is clear that they are 2 separate shots.

It seems pretty likely (though I wouldn't say guaranteed) that these guys are not in the same room, yeah. So what? One of the two has an iPad, unless... you think that's CG too.

Edit - wait, you think they filmed those sequences separately, put an iPad in his hand to film that, then took the iPad away and filmed the reaction separately? I can't imagine the reasoning but I'll let you hold that one I guess.

Lunar15

Just the way it's filmed (never showing his face with anything else) screams that this is a setup for something. Even if you're team real, you have to admit that's really weird.

Also, a dumb theory to throw into the carinval of stupid: A phantom pain is the sensation that something is real, even though it is actually not there.

It seems pretty likely (though I wouldn't say guaranteed) that these guys are not in the same room, yeah. So what? One of the two has an iPad, unless... you think that's CG too.

I don't think when he shows the images and when he does his reaction are the same sequence. They're independent, unless he's grabbing his iPad in a very weird way...

Kojima goes on stage: "Only the ipad with game images was CG....
"so team real was right about Joakim and Team CG was right that CG was used in the interview...

everyone right...

...do you rike?"

Chittagong

Gold Member
Voted.

I seriously can't understand the whole CG bandwagon. Even if I look at it wanting to believe, I can't help but feel that the whole idea is in the WTC-planes-were-holograms-over-missiles tinfoil hat territory.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Just looked at the current results; team CG in the lead. I'd say I've lost faith in humanity, but that happened a long time ago.

Uh... Team Real is in the lead? It's unfortunate how much votes CG has but that's probably just Team Fun fanning the flames.

Top Bottom