• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okay, what are YOU going to do about the Midterms 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I'll vote, as I've done in every election since I turned 18. Really hoping that we have less voter apathy than usual in the midterms this time...

Never stop pushing forward. No matter what happens.

I say this as a white male @ age 30. I know saying this is easier than others, but I will be there in any way incan, for you, for my friends and for the friend I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.

RDreamer

Well, I can sure as shit say that I'm going to try not drinking. I got way too fucked up last night from all of this and spent my night puking and sobbing. Since I have absolutely no hope of any progress from my shitty state of Wisconsin, I'll vote and then be depressed for another few years.

kswiston

My guy won with over 90% of the vote. Nothing I can do.

If you have friends/contacts across the country, there is always social media. People need to be aware that the midterms are a big deal. Share your thoughts, articles you run across, etc.

This board has been largely election talk for months now, but come the midterms, I barely see a thing. We probably get more MCU threads than election threads during the midterms.

BowieZ

Banned
Okay so you guys are a bit slow to use Twitter.

Chvkkhf.png

I donated this round... but depending on where I am sitting financially then I am upping that fucking shit.

Maybe try to do some calls.

Vote. Bother the shit out of my social networks that they need to vote and reminded them of 2 years prior.

I like this country. I'm going to fight to make it better. I will join the democratic campaigns.

I voted in every election and I'm in California. I will do my part, and I believe Cali as a whole has their minds and hearts aligned with intelligence and progress. I will get involved to make sure it stays that way.

BowieZ

Banned
Get people to actually vote. I swear some have no fucking idea.

Going to inform myself more and vote!

Love the OP's enthusiasm and avatar!

I like this country. I'm going to fight to make it better. I will join the democratic campaigns.

I voted in every election and I'm in California. I will do my part, and I believe Cali as a whole has their minds and hearts aligned with intelligence and progress. I will get involved to make sure it stays that way.

I donated this round... but depending on where I am sitting financially then I am upping that fucking shit.

Maybe try to do some calls.

Vote. Bother the shit out of my social networks that they need to vote and reminded them of 2 years prior.

Do as I did this election cycle.

Vote.

Donate.

Phonebank.

Canvass.

Ignore the echo chamber on Gaf.

If you have friends/contacts across the country, there is always social media. People need to be aware that the midterms are a big deal. Share your thoughts, articles you run across, etc.

This board has been largely election talk for months now, but come the midterms, I barely see a thing. We probably get more MCU threads than election threads during the midterms.

Never stop pushing forward. No matter what happens.

I say this as a white male @ age 30. I know saying this is easier than others, but I will be there in any way incan, for you, for my friends and for the friend I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet.

Actually pay attention and do research.

Vote. Spread class consciousness. Canvass volunteer Donate. Whatever the fuck I can do

Gonna vote all the way down the ballot! Real change starts from the local bottom to the up.

I live in Texas too and I'm going to be voting regularly. This was a wake-up call for me and my family.

I'm going to scream to the high heavens to get people to vote. Hate shall never garner another platform like this.

I know you're feeling excited now, but when midterms come around don't get complacent. Set your calendars now or sign up for an election reminder (https://www.rockthevote.com/pledge/). I know there are people who have a tough time planning in advance (I'm forgetful as shit) and I want you to be prepared.

I don't know any good resources for election information, can anyone make a recommendation?

Vote every year in both primaries and generals even when the races are boring as hell and seem pointless. 2015 was judges and local officials in PA -- I think. I didn't want to vote, didn't feel compelled to vote, but I went anyways. Your vote on local races has more impact.

We work on getting Rick Scott OUT! That has to be our #1 goal come 2018. Nothing else should be bigger than that. Turn the governorship then the legislative branch. Turn the fucking state blue. THE VOTES ARE THERE. I-4, Broward, Miami-Dade.. Don't wait till 2018.. Start within the next few weeks to get information get involved. Start going to local party meetings get organized. Start learning your county and who and what is around you.. Find other people just like you and get them involved.

We need to do this. We so fucking need to. The only positive from last night is that it "Woke me the FUCK UP". I now see what I need to do in life, I was just breezing by going to my job and just living my life providing for my family. That is not enough, I need to fight for them.

I'm never missing a midterm or local election again.

Our apathy allowed the tea party over years to claw the country back from the ground up and allow trump to win with fewer votes than Romney lost with.

Voting isn't enough. We need to start a wave, a movement for change. We lost because the right has a bigger movement. They destroy us on social media. They intimidate us in public. How can we accomplish anything if we just stay quiet for two years?

We need to go out and be heard. We cannot be scared or ashamed. We need to generate enthusiasm. If we fail, they'll drown our voices out.

I will use social media to create awareness. I'll be active in politics. I'll keep people positive and hopeful for the future. I'll volunteer. And I will vote.

Your vote means a TON in local elections. Sometimes downticket races come down to just a few votes. Republicans have understood that for the past 35+ years.

Vote every year!

I'll try to get more people to register and vote Left but I live in Texas so... If only there were thousands of me doing the same

I'm gonna vote, I'm gonna get people I know to vote, I might donate to close races cash depending.

I'm from Jersey, so I'll also do all this for our Gubernatorial race next year. Dems in NJ and VA need to remember that for whatever dumbass reason they elect governors a year after the Presidential election. Don't sleep on those races.

I've already told people I will be volunteering. I've donated many times but that's not enough anymore. Time to get my hands dirty and get people out to vote.

Not even joking, you are all heroes of the American democracy.

Keep it up!

MORE!!!

Voting alone won't help though. We need a movement. The slump the DNC is in right now, just winning back the minority vote better won't help.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I live in Wisconsin, so my 2018 midterm election night will probably involve voting, going home, constantly refreshing gaf, and then crying myself to sleep as Walker is re-elected governor and the Democrats fail to retake the senate yet again.

BowieZ

Banned
Voting alone won't help though. We need a movement. The slump the DNC is in right now, just winning back the minority vote better won't help.
Start that movement.

I live in Wisconsin, so my 2018 midterm election night will probably involve voting, going home, constantly refreshing gaf, and then crying myself to sleep as Walker is re-elected governor and the Democrats fail to retake the senate yet again.
Don't wait until 2018.

Start voting NOW.

Laiza

I already vote in a majority-blue county. So, to make a difference, I would have to campaign in surrounding areas or somehow reach out to voters on the Internet.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much of an impact I could possibly make as an individual.

I always vote and I don't feel like that's enough anymore. I kind of want to get involved in my city's politics though my job kind of gets in the way (I work evenings). But I feel deep down that I want to help people somehow and I'm starting by donating to the Southern Poverty Law Center monthly. Shit's going to be bad, I can't help much, but I can help dammit.

I'll vote if I'm still here like every mid-term, but I hope I'll be in New Zealand by then starting a new life in a new country if it's possible. Gerrymandering, redistricting and historically low turn out will probably mean the Dems don't pick up many seats.

I stayed almost completely apolitical on stuff like Facebook cause I didn't wanna be stirring up anything.

Fucking done doing that. I don't care if I get defriended or blocked by some. Gonna push the hell outta 2018 to take back branches away from our president-elect clown and the GOP.

Daingurse

My ballot will be coming in the mail. AZ feels a lot bit closer to the tipping point. We're purplish I think at this point. I feel cold towards the democratic party now for sure, but feel that I have no other options.

kswiston

Minority shifts were pretty small. 5-6M democratic voters from last election sitting this one out wasn't. Convincing people to actually vote is enough.

Canada's federal election turnout went from 58.8% to 68.2% in the span of 7 years. We went from having Stephen Harper seeming unstoppable in a majority conservative government, to being out of power with a Liberal majority, because people decided they needed to vote for change to actually happen.

kirby_fox

Banned
May start exploring a potential run for the House of Reps for Ohio if I'm still in the States. Exploring my options.

I think if enough people don't just vote, but actively attempt to RUN for one of these seats...just getting one person who is progressive and not part of the establishment will be a win.

MrNelson

Banned
I'm gonna fucking vote like a fucking patriot.

Red state be damned, Georgia is getting blue senators and representatives (assuming I still live here, otherwise I'm going to redeem my home state of Florida).

Join TYT if you really want that sort of discussion? I agree, but there's not much we know about the next election right now.

the fuck? we know exactly how many Dem/Rep seats are up and we know exactly which Governorships are up and how redistricting in 2020 is going to affect elections for another decade.

Go out and register voters for you local democratic party. The 2018 midterms started yesterday.

Opto

Banned
Vote. And pay attention to voting laws within the state. I'm in a super blue state, but you have to be vigilante no one tries to turn it redder

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Just looked it up and Dems have 23 senate seats up for election in 2018 while Republicans have 8.

Yeah, not too hopeful about that one.

Here in Wisconsin Tammy Baldwin won only 51% of the vote, and that was during a presidential election. And it's Wisconsin. I'm betting she's going to lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom