• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Olympus C-8080 8.0mp: think Olympus offers extended warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I can get this camera from Costo with their wonderful return/failure/product damage return-for-cash within a year policy for $799 + 8.25% sales tax.

Other options are buying it for as low as $634 + shipping and no sales tax, but I don't know about the warranty. I want more assurance than just the manufactures warranty.

775626L.jpg
961_top2.jpg

At Costco we have returned two items: a recliner and a Gamecube. The recliner was almost a year old, but it was coming apart, and we got our money back with no questions asked. I was really happy about that. Also, a Gamecube of mine overheated when playing Rogue Squadron for hours at a time, and a controller didn't work right out of the box. I assume that it got hot in shipping because the wires were melted together. I got another one with no questions asked. It also helps that I get 2% back on all my purchases there. The quandary is that I need this camera right now, and I also have flood damage to repair. So, the cheapest price is welcome, not to mention that I need an 80X one or two GB card for this thing.

Do you think there is some place that will offer a non-limited liability warranty or return policy just as good as Costco's? I know Sony offers extended warranty purchasing. Do you think Olympus does?

ideas and comments welcome, even if you think I can get a better, different pro-sumer camera for the money: 799.oo US + the cost of card media.

Bought with AMX from CostCo for a total of $977.07, and I'll get 2% back for doing it on my company card. That's $799.99 for the camera, $94.99 for a SanDisk 1GB Ultra II CF card, $15.12 shipping, $74.47 tax, less $7.50 for a cupon on the CF card, bringing it to just under a grand.

Eventually, the wide angle lens kit will run prox $300, which I'll get later on after I get normal use out of the camera.

Yay! I'm swinging a new ax. ...now onto photoshop CS @ the student price when money permits. ;)

Edit: I'm aware of the grey market items. Sometimes they're the way to go if you can get them serviced in your country, but most of the time I hear just to buy retail/regular items so a warranty applies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom