• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Direction splitting up in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the inevitable end for any of the massive boy band acts. Audience ages out of it quick, and the new generation grabs the next fad.

Now the question is which one of them will be able to shed their roots and form a successful solo career.

Idontknow

They give the source as The Sun. But, isn't the Sun supposed to be a UK tabloid. I don't know how reliable this really is. It says they're not going to be doing a tour for their upcoming fifth album, which I find odd.

d9b

Banned
Now the question is which one of them will be able to shed their roots and form a successful solo career.
I would say that one with the hair, you know that one whatshisname Jim, John... you know the one I'm talking about, one that looks like mushroom... yep definitely that one.

I forget my earphones sometimes when at the gym and all they play is the latest pop music trash.

I don't give a fuck how far away from wherever I left them I am, I will ALWAYS turn around, go back and get those damn headphones. I am not kidding. Modern pop makes me nauseated, it's a physical thing induced by my brain. I'm not trying to conjure thoughts that I don't like, it just happens

I do have empathy for said 12 yr old girls. However, this is part of life.... When my daughter likes a boyband, I will let her know, sweetheart, they're just trying them out, they all gotta go solo eventually

Wafflecakes am cry.

ajA1Au7.gif

Delicious. Just like this news.

Oddly specific. I'm going to breakup with my band on November 2, 2017

Almost *ahem* formulaic lol

Commercialized pop kinda takes a big dump on the artistry that has dominated music in the past. Johnny Cash is more like a guy with an easal, and 1D is more like kids with amazingly talented vocals and beautifully handsome faces with scripts and coaches. At least, in some people's opinions

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Simon Cowell is weeping

All dat monies

Saddened by the news; I hope they stage a comeback a decade later a la Take That when Robbie Williams came back - it was epic

jstripes

Banned
And so another generation will learn that Boy Bands inevitably break up, usually catalyzed by the most popular one bolting at the first opportunity.

Idontknow

The one direction fans on twitter, don't seem to believe this news. due the source being a tabloid newspaper, The Sun. Tweets are saying The Sun has made up crap about 1D before.

Shmuppers

They've all but explicitly stated that they'll be getting back together eventually. I can't see any of their solo careers getting too far off the ground

ITT: opinions that wouldn't be out of place in lewronggeneration

Good god, some of you people need to stop being so fucking spiteful and grow up.

End of an Era

Maybe I should see them live or something before they split.

I don't think the era ended, we should have another one soon. Not joking or being bitter, if it's possible to come across in such a way, lol

And sorry, but some of us who think they suck, still like the guys, wish the best for them, but will hurl if we hear them sing. My younger brother is basically in a boy band, I love him, but he knows this. C'mon. Anyway we stank ya thread up enough, time to mourn

Seeing as I am not a teenage girl or a homosexual man, I haven't listened to their music, but fans shouldn't be too distraught. They're gonna get back together, there's too much money at stake.

Damn all those invisible homosexual men between the fangirls.

I also want the power of invisibility.

NotLiquid

Does this mean the Worldwide Trends tab on Twitter will contain things that aren't about whatever that Niall guy did this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom