• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Burning Blood adds Nami, Robin, Hancock, and Perona

mcmmaster

Ugh.

I'm getting really tired of these all flash, no depth anime fighters cashing in on big licenses. Feels like ASW is the only place I can go to get a halfway decent fighters with pre-existing characters these days.

Have a read on the game's mechanics and battle system, it's definitely gearing itself more towards traditional fighting games with depth instead of your typical casual anime fighter, also from what i've seen in trailers the game is looking pretty tech.

The use of Logia Guard mechanic should provide some interesting matches, especially being able to activate it in mid-air like this, baiting your opponent on whether they'll use their Haki Gauge or not.

12425967_980539328658392_1042712953_n_by_mcmemie-d9nwuul.gif

BHK3

Banned
Have a read on the game's mechanics and battle system, it's definitely gearing itself more towards traditional fighting games with depth instead of your typical casual anime fighter, also from what i've seen in trailers the game is looking pretty tech.

The use of Logia Guard mechanic should provide some interesting matches, especially being able to activate it in mid-air like this, baiting your opponent on whether they'll use their Haki Gauge or not.

http://orig05.deviantart.net/f79d/f/2016/014/3/6/12425967_980539328658392_1042712953_n_by_mcmemie-d9nwuul.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Is it like a Just Guard type of thing?

mcmmaster

Is it like a Just Guard type of thing?

Essentially yes but without having to deal with the pressure of a normal guard, I imagine using it on ground has to give you some sort of advantage in getting your attack out after nullifying all your enemy attacks.

KyleCross

I'd be excited, but this game really isn't looking too hot to me. It reminds me of Fighting for One Piece... which is a bad thing.

Sesha

They announced Bartolomeo, Drake, Enel and Kidd before any female characters? Talk about backwards priorities.

Reknoc

Horo horo horo horo.

Perona is a nice surprise. Other 3 seemed pretty obvious they were going to make it; 2 straw hats and 1 character that was playable in the game this was built on.

Edit: Guess these means Vivi is out as usual *goes back to Grand Battle 3*

What's the name of the female characters in this? I found two of Nico and Nami on the wiki, but there are like 200 in total for me just to find the other two.

SalvaPot

So can anyone tell me why they went for the Pre-Timeskip design for Perona instead of the Superio Post-Timeskip design?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
wait why would like... Nami and Robin need to be confirmed? Aren't they core members of the Straw Hats? It's like coming out and announcing that Krillin and Vegeta are going to be in the next DBZ game.

Samemind

wait why would like... Nami and Robin need to be confirmed? Aren't they core members of the Straw Hats? It's like coming out and announcing that Krillin and Vegeta are going to be in the next DBZ game.

Marketing. Also there've been One Piece games without the whole Strawhat crew playable.

I haven't really been following this game untill now, but have they said how characters that can't use haki can hit the Logia users? The trailer showed that Logias can become invincible, which has to be countered by haki attacks or something.

Ray Down

Banned
I haven't really been following this game untill now, but have they said how characters that can't use haki can hit the Logia users? The trailer showed that Logias can become invincible, which has to be countered by haki attacks or something.

I think there a haki gauge, but I'm not sure if all the characters get it.

Piers

Looking like more effort is being made to keep combat streamlined but technical too. Just hope "technical" fighting doesn't boil down to timing blocks perfectly, as a lot of 3D fighters have relied on recently.

Also have never been a fan of haki -- from its concept to implementation into One Piece. ("Oh, yeah, you didn't know about haki? And how almost every major villain so far decided to not bother using it?" Rayleigh to Luffy)

Maedhros

Looking like more effort is being made to keep combat streamlined but technical too. Just hope "technical" fighting doesn't boil down to timing blocks perfectly, as a lot of 3D fighters have relied on recently.

Also have never been a fan of haki -- from its concept to implementation into One Piece. ("Oh, yeah, you didn't know about haki? And how almost every major villain so far decided to not bother using it?" Rayleigh to Luffy)

Yup, kind of ass implementation, even though it was hinted a lot.

Majukun

you mean like devil fruits are common in the grand line but rare outside of it?
haki is diffused in the new world and only rarely found in the "paradise" section of the gran line (like on amazon lily)

also,learning haki is a difficult time consuming process that may or may not bear fruits,AND you still need to find someone able to train you before even thinking of learning it..so that so many villains in the past didn't use it it's not relaly that preposterous

Eh, they had to do something. Logia types were way too overpowered, Ace vs Smoker really showed that.
I think they're original plan was every Logia would have a secret weakness, like Crocodile and Enu, but they quickly realized that wouldn't work out.
Just the trouble with long running series, not having everything planned out years in advance. Some of the vision has to be modified and changed.

Top Bottom