• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Thought that one would be too NSFW lol

This?

DG396PoV0AIBTJv.jpg:large

It's pretty tame.

Tempted to make it my new avatar.

caliph95

3 against 1

Man did I mention how much I love Sanji, he's the best characters almost as good as Goten and Kid Trunks

Mine was a troll vote i can't tell most of you apart of it wasn't for your avatars but let's keep going on

Mortemis

Banned
Hey guys, currently re-reading One Piece so I just wanted to drop by and...

...is that OP furries?

uhhh

edit: waiiiiiit, OP already has furries.

Mortemis

Banned
We had an entire island of them

oh yeah

After seeing talking trees and cupcakes and shit, and the ones with the crew right now feel forgettable to me, I guess it just doesn't seem memorable.

Anyways, I've been re-reading One Piece, and this is the first time for me reading basically everything before Marineford. I never really started off reading the manga, I binge-watched the anime until I caught up (back in 2010), and then picked up the manga from there.

I've been taking my time with it (other than Water Seven and Enies Lobby which I read really quick), and I'm currently at Sabaody. I gotta say, Thriller bark seems like a more enjoyable arc in the manga. Maybe it's my tastes changing over the years, but it's great and wasn't as much of a slog as it felt like when watching the anime. This re-read has also refreshed my memory on so many things like the Void Century and all the characters in the past. Details from Robin's flashback seem so much more important to me now, like Clover's speech to the Gorosei. Excited to see where the void century storyline goes in the future.

I kinda miss the OP anime's soundtrack. Tracks like overtaken just make scenes feel more important and memorable. But other than that I've really enjoyed going through the story with the manga, there's definitely scenes that feel more impactful through the manga too.

Also, random thought, you guys think that Oimo and Kaashi joined up with Hajrudin's crew? I really like most of the giants in OP, so I'm pumped for Elbaph.

Ray Down

Banned
By the way, there was a mistake in the latest popularity poll: Mihawk was there, ranked #22.

How could they mess up, lol, now everyone is down 1 after 22.

Anyhow here's the top 30 rankings now then:

1. Luffy: 11,737 votes.
2. Zoro: 10,442 votes.
3. Sanji: 10,215 votes.
4. Law: 7,997 votes.
5. Ace: 4,605 votes.
6. Jinbe: 3,884 votes.
7. Chopper: 3,301 votes.
8. Nami: 3,269 votes.
9. Sabo: 2,967 votes.
10. Hancock: 2,452 votes.
11. Shanks: 2,010 votes.
12. Robin: 1,952 votes.
13. Cavendish: 1,742 votes.
14. Reiju: 1,665 votes.
15. Usopp: 1,409 votes.
16. Rocinante: 1,230 votes.
17. Doflamingo: 1,125 votes.
18. Crocodile: 1,050 votes.
19. Brook: 936 votes.
20. Franky: 861 votes.
20. Marco: 861 votes.
22. Mihawk.
23. Perhona.
24. Vivi.
25. Bon Kure.
26. Kuzan.
27. Carrot.
28. Shirohige.
29. Pudding.
30. Bartolomeo.

Swords are cool.

oh yeah

After seeing talking trees and cupcakes and shit, and the ones with the crew right now feel forgettable to me, I guess it just doesn't seem memorable.

Anyways, I've been re-reading One Piece, and this is the first time for me reading basically everything before Marineford. I never really started off reading the manga, I binge-watched the anime until I caught up (back in 2010), and then picked up the manga from there.

I've been taking my time with it (other than Water Seven and Enies Lobby which I read really quick), and I'm currently at Sabaody. I gotta say, Thriller bark seems like a more enjoyable arc in the manga. Maybe it's my tastes changing over the years, but it's great and wasn't as much of a slog as it felt like when watching the anime. This re-read has also refreshed my memory on so many things like the Void Century and all the characters in the past. Details from Robin's flashback seem so much more important to me now, like Clover's speech to the Gorosei. Excited to see where the void century storyline goes in the future.

I kinda miss the OP anime's soundtrack. Tracks like overtaken just make scenes feel more important and memorable. But other than that I've really enjoyed going through the story with the manga, there's definitely scenes that feel more impactful through the manga too.

Also, random thought, you guys think that Oimo and Kaashi joined up with Hajrudin's crew? I really like most of the giants in OP, so I'm pumped for Elbaph.

The trick is to listen to the anime ost while reading!

The last time we saw them was a cover page saying they were headed for Elbaf so I don't think they joined him.

I need to get back to the gym, I haven't been all week.

How can you hope to survive in the New World if you slack on your training?

😕 😕 😕

Mihawk and Zoro fans are here to stay.

Just wait until the samurai show up at Wano.

Everybody will be like "Zoro who? Mihawk who?"

Mortemis

Banned
Swords are cool.

The trick is to listen to the anime ost while reading!

The last time we saw them was a cover page saying they were headed for Elbaf so I don't think they joined him.

What I usually do is watch my favorite scenes on youtube.

Was those cover letters after the time-skip? I think I just saw them before the time skip, so they could be there already.

Also, that reminds me. The cover stories are really nice to read through, definitely something you miss out on watching the anime. Like the whole Enel story.

😕 😕 😕

Googled how it's spelt and found out when it's spelt Elbaf its fable backwards.

Huh

Top Bottom