• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: PW3 - Playable Character Clips (Caesar, Blackbeard, Kuma ...and the rest)

Doesn't seem like there's a high interest for this game on GAF (while that OP mobile game is popular for some reason :p ), but here it goes!

New playable character videos for:

Caesar Clown

Marshall D. Teach (Blackbeard)

Bartholomew Kuma

...aaaaand the rest of the confirmed list of playable characters from previous threads etc. for good measure:

Monkey D. Luffy
Roronoa Zoro
Nami
Usopp
Sanji
Tony Tony Chopper
Nico Robin
Franky
Brook
Trafalgar Law
Dracule Mihawk
Buggy
Crocodile
Enel
Sabo
Donquixote Doflamingo
Jinbe
Fujitora
Smoker
Tashigi
Rob Lucci
Gekko Moriah
Portgas D. Ace
Aokiji
Magellan
Emporio Ivankov
Perona
Boa Hancock
Akainu
Kizaru
Monkey D. Garp
Marco
Edward Newgate (Whitebeard)
Shanks

Let's see who else will join (though anyone missing might also join as support character or enemy obviously).

There was also a second story trailer.

Somewhat hyped, finally we get to fight through the whole main OP story released so far unlike in the first two games (which kinda turned me off of them). That and all those characters :D

US&PAL version releases for all PS platforms and PC around summer this year!

I wonder if this is also a good opportunity for newcomers to get into One Piece. If you don't want to read the whole manga or watch all the anime episodes, one playthrough of the game should be able to bring you up to speed and then you can join for the next 15 years ;)
Or it allows you to get an idea which story arcs you would like to watch (again).

Jaroof

Yes! Wonder how they're going to do the story mode in this one.
I kind of liked how they did it in the first game. If they refined some of the platforming sections, I'd love it.

RalchAC

Maybe because the mobile game it's quite good :)

Anyway, I'm totally buying this game for my Vita (probably) and I know a friend which will get it for PS4. Does it support cross-play?

Roster seems to be quite big now. Nice. OP has a lot of characters with really different playstyles so it's awesome that they've managed to animate so many different people.

Skele7on

Banned
Screen+shot+2010-10-21+at+4.02.47+PM.png

NZerker12

Hey now, I had been making quite a few threads on this game showing those videos, but no matter. I'm definitely hyped for it, thinking of importing it or getting the digital version if it is available from jpn psn store.

Christian

Just got 海賊無双2 on Vita this past Christmas and played the poops out of it. Really looking forward to this and Dragon Quest Heroes, two of my most anticipated games, without question. I can't figure out whether I want to get the PS4 version or the Vita version. Definitely seems like a situation that warrants double dipping.

bjork

I still need to play through part 1 and part 2. I bought them both last year but haven't sat down with them to really dig in. I'm sure I'll buy this too, Perona is a good hook for getting me on board.

Peff

I still need to play through part 1 and part 2. I bought them both last year but haven't sat down with them to really dig in. I'm sure I'll buy this too, Perona is a good hook for getting me on board.

I wouldn't bother with 2 now, 3 is pretty much a expansion pack with the game included (minus the fanfiction).

RalchAC

I'd say you could just skip to the 2nd game imo.the first covers the story but there are some boys voids and some of the latter arcs are a bit so so.

It's a very enjoyable game, but I think the PW2 is more polished, has a bigger roster and an original story, so it may not fatigue you as much.

Whoever is going to make the OT doesn't need a summary anymore, it seems.

When in summer? I wanna preorder this already!

Not announced yet, but you can already preorder the retail version on e.g. amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SD9IGJM/
PS4 price better to go down though, £15 more than the PS3 version is asking a bit much.

btw there are new screens and infos detailing the Dream Log mode etc.:
http://gematsu.com/2015/03/one-piece-pirate-warriors-3-screenshots-introduce-dream-log-mode-more

I don't know what's actually different to the previous games but it all sounds pretty neat ^^

Vodh

The only Musou game I truly loved was the ps3 Sengoku Basara (still mad about no localization for Utage), skipped previous One Piece games due to timing reasons - very excited to pick this up for ps4 this summsummer!

Top Bottom