• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow just read that Ship upgrades will cost on half of the Cola during the next event.

Shit i need to unlock one of the newer ships to spend some Coke.

Between Pheasant, Beard and Flame Fist ....which Training Forest is the easiest to clear ?

RedBoot

My Croc team works on 60 stamina Boa really well, despite me not knowing how Inazuma works at first. Three runs clear right now without issues. Stall is a little tight, but I've gotten some poor cooldowns and still worked it out.

Yeah, after losing the first try to learn the process, I haven't failed with the Croc team. It works, but the cooldowns are indeed very tight. I haven't had any situations where I was screwed by the starting cooldowns (even with that jackass penguin on stage 4), but most of the time there's absolutely no room for error. For absolute safety, this fight really wants about a 19 or lower cooldown on everyone, and with Croc books not available yet (SOON!), the only way to get that is with CD level 2.

But, it seems I can farm this relatively safely. Sitting at 12 copies so far, still need another 5-6 fights worth of turtles+fodder before I can evolve Boa and start feeding. I think I'll shoot for 40 copies and just hope I get decent skill ups from that. Not sure I have it in me to skill max her in one day (and she should be much easier next time providing I can get some skill ups on Croc and Kuma).

Thanks for the link, this strategy made the fight super easy.
Yet, I still screwed up my first run by forgetting to activate GPU and letting her kill me as soon as I got to her. >_>

Having Zoro makes it easier to fight the green units and lvl 3 Anti-Despair makes things simpler too. :D

Basically, the strategy was:
- Tank 1 hit - Lobster
- Tank 1 hit - Gunner
- Delay + Tank 1 hit - Giantess
- Tank 1 hit - Pirate Penguin
- Delay T1, KO after Haki, IntHawk after revival

Takes ~7min for a full run.

I'm running the above IntHawk team, but I put my fully socketed Lock / Despair / CD / Heal Ray in a non-active Leader slot. He's almost fully skill maxed too. Only 1 short before he's completely done. :D
That 3D2Y Zoro ;__; but yeah used the same strategy as you. (Reddit guide here)
After wasting so many gems to figure a good team this one worked the best, can farm her easyish now =D
uXt1tZK.jpg
Wow just read that Ship upgrades will cost on half of the Cola during the next event.

Shit i need to unlock one of the newer ships to spend some Coke.

Between Pheasant, Beard and Flame Fist ....which Training Forest is the easiest to clear ?
Ace's stage is much easier.

Also finally managed the WB Forest

RedBoot

Yeah, that half cola event is awesome. Gonna finally make me get off my butt and clear the Beard and Pheasant forests. I should have everything needed to clear them, I just can't get myself to sit through a ~15 minute quest that I'll probably have to fail 4-5 times before clearing. :p

Also: seeing Nico Olivia in some Raid Magellan teams. Gives me an excuse to farm her when her fortnight comes to Global.

Kyou

a half cola event is a great thing to get announced the day after I drop a fat 300 on Aokiji's bike

doesn't really matter, don't need cola for anything else

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Double Ace + Striker with GPU and level 5 auto heal is so tanky that I can screw up on wave 2 of the boa road and still be able to win the round (even with only level 1 anti-despair).

Just need to stall out the silence on stage 3 and keep your health up, trying to get into Boa with around ~22-23k HP and 3 or 4 matching orbs.

Hana-Bi

Thanks for the link, this strategy made the fight super easy.
Yet, I still screwed up my first run by forgetting to activate GPU and letting her kill me as soon as I got to her. >_>

Having Zoro makes it easier to fight the green units and lvl 3 Anti-Despair makes things simpler too. :D

Basically, the strategy was:
- Tank 1 hit - Lobster
- Tank 1 hit - Gunner
- Delay + Tank 1 hit - Giantess
- Tank 1 hit - Pirate Penguin
- Delay T1, KO after Haki, IntHawk after revival

Takes ~7min for a full run.

I'm running the above IntHawk team, but I put my fully socketed Lock / Despair / CD / Heal Ray in a non-active Leader slot. He's almost fully skill maxed too. Only 1 short before he's completely done. :D

Yeah, it's really simple and if you have auto heal level 5 you can even take two hits from the lobster and the turtles and still take hits on stage two and three.

With the Sunny stage 4 isn't a problem either. So really a failproof raid if you use your specials. :) Mightl try Tashigi instead of GPU later though. But the problem might be that Boa could give me bother orbs on my burst turn so I run the raid a few more times after work and see how many times this'll happen.

I'd be more enthused about the new event if all my ships weren't already maxed and my cola been sitting at 999 for the past month. Now if they put out a new forest I would be completely on board. How do you release an event called "Year End Pirate Training" and not release a new training forest?

Hana-Bi

I'd be more enthused about the new event if all my ships weren't already maxed and my cola been sitting at 999 for the past month. Now if they put out a new forest I would be completely on board. How do you release an event called "Year End Pirate Training" and not release a new training forest?

Me too. :( All those colas down the drain for weeks now...

Jayhawk

Raid Hancock is evolved and at skill level 3. I can't farm her much tomorrow because it's the holiday lunch at work. I am hoping to get close to the halfway point for her skill level tomorrow, and then pray that she comes back at a better time.

I've been switching between an INThawk team, that's already been described by others in this thread, and an Issho team for farming Hancock.

The Issho team consists of RR Kid, raid Doflamingo, Caesar, and Trebol. Skill ups and sockets don't matter as much for this team.

Stage 1: Stall enough to get RR Kid's special ready for stage 2. Get rid of bad orbs during stall.
Stage 2: Use RR Kid's special and the right attack order to kill all units in one turn.
Stage 3: Can take 0-3 hits from the combo-shield giant, since Issho teams have more HP. Can stall here or on stage 4. Make sure Thousand Sunny special is ready for stage 4 before moving on.
Stage 4: Thousand Sunny special on first turn. Stall on penguin for as much as you need and try to farm some INT orbs on your captains.
Boss Stage:
Pop one Issho special right away. Damage Hancock down and stop if you can't take any more hits from her or your next Issho special hit would take her below 50%.
Pop raid Doflamingo special and Trebol special. If it's a turn where she gave you a bunch of TND orbs, this kill turn is easy.
After she revives, pop the other Issho special and Caesar special. Restart app if she locked Caesar. If your orb situation and the extra damage from RR Kid special means you'll do enough damage without Caesar ATK buff, then no need to restart.

Tidd

CAN'T WAIT FOR MAGELLAN META. His special deals 1.5 Million poison damage after 8 turns. You can easily fit him in high HP teams or even better SW Ace + Marco teams since Magellan himself is a shooter and you can tank a lot of hits with Ace. Who cares about hitting perfects. lol

But this will take a while. Back to Pokemon and Raid Boa. :p

Kyou

okay I think I've fine tuned a team... and I'm out of stamina... and I'm one run away from a level up. I guess I'll do more Boa tomorrow

I'm done for the night. Seven skill ups (half done) and sockets are at 5 despair, 1 Auto-heal, and 2 Orb. I'm somewhat undecided on sockets. I know I want auto-heal and I thought maybe bind and despair but since I don't have LL, she'll see the most use on my shooter teams so I can be a bit more flexible although I'm not sure what's optimal.

My Ray team has been really consistent. Only screwed up once on a Boa revive when I fudged my combo. I saw this Lucci team and I kinda want to try it out tomorrow. It seems pretty safe as far as I can tell.

bobohoro

40 stamina Boa was easy enough with IntHawk/Doffy team.
Don't think I have the fire power to successfully clear 60 stamina though.

Still undecided if I should farm her 40 stamina version. While she seems like a great all around unit, I am actually not quite sure if I'd use her all that much at the moment. And the drop rate on 40 stamina feels like it's below 50% from what I read. I'll probably skip her for now.

Shackzam

Can I get a link to the new google doc? I need to add my name and what I have on there. Mainly to get more aokiji friends with good specials for boa lol

MiTYH

Cola event! As if I needed motivation to get these new boats -- I only have coffin! So, that'll have to happen soon. Might start team planning now.

In other news, been having crap luck at 40 stamina, but work up and am about to try this 60-stamina team I found on reddit:

Raid DoffyCapt
Slasherdile
Raidhawk
3D2Y Zoro
Psy Marco
Inthawk Friend Captain. Sitting at around 52k hp with coffin boat.

No special levels required on Zoro and he can be swapped out for any other attack booster (Mr 1, Prison Mr 1, Koza*, Momonga), but zoro's the best at what he does.
Slasherdile can arguably be swapped out for other int slashers like Vista, but having his orb shuffle is an insurance against bad orbs on your burst turn.

SPECIALS:
Everything on Boa. There is no need to use any specials on any of the earlier stages.
Stage 1: Kill everything except Lobster, take one hit and kill it before it attacks again (7-9 turns)
(If you have 1 level CDR sockets you can opt to skip the hit to save 4 turns for a faster run)
Stage 2: Kill all, 1 will be left alive and despairs FC, kill on turn 2 (2 turns)
Stage 3: Kill all giants except shielded one, wait out the shield (10 turns, just tank hits) (12-13 turns)
Stage 4: Kill everything with autotarget, usually penguin + 1 mob is let alive, kill on turn 2 (2-3 turns)
Boa: (25-29 turns stalled including preempt) Use Marco, attack for 4 turns (usually you're already close to 50% by turn 3, so farm orbs on turn 4), blow all specials except inthawk, kill her. Boa resses herself, blow inthawk and finish her off.

Did 40 sta 3 times for the drop with:

inthawk/inthawk
slasherdile/prison mr.1
godsopp/doflamingo

Not gonna bother with 60 stamina until we get mihawk books & I get this team from 500hp heal to 1000hp heal per turn.

Even without skillups Boa is nice to have as a reserve unit for fortnight missions.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Okay put my relevant data into the new GAF Captain List.

PS: What would you guys say are the essential roles in a G3 team ? I feel like i have to resurrect him to clear some of the tougher content until Lucci is ready.

I have:

Delayer (Golden Pound/Diamante/Haloween Zoro etc.)
Defensive active (Alvida/Perona/Smoker)
Burst/Matching orbs (Heracles ? Doffy ? Raid Kuma ?)

I dont have Kuma yet or Doffy maxskilled - though seeing their actives, is there any reason to run Heracles if you have access to Kuma ? Only thing good about Heracle is that i somehow max socketed him months ago.
I took the time to gather up all the remaining Legend accounts I have and lay out their box contents in image form, available for anyone on GAF who wants to start playing, or restart. Without further ado, I present the OPTCGAF double Legend stash:

Nice collection you have there. I already have a account but i would like to try out a account with Sabo for fun. So if its still available i would take the Sabo/Mihawk account for a test drive lol.

Can I get a link to the new google doc? I need to add my name and what I have on there. Mainly to get more aokiji friends with good specials for boa lol
Check this post

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225701216&postcount=15080

I have beaten 30 stamina Boa 3 times and still no drop
Also she has killed me at least 3 times as much

What team are you using ? I might give it a shot just for fun later.

bobohoro

Legend Mihawk friend,Mihawk, Slasherdile, Mr 3, Helmeppo and GPU

Don't you have Doffy?

IntHawk/Doffy
Raidhawk/Slasherdile
Mr. 3 and a Delayer/Healer

Even without maxed coffin boat, at 30 stamina you should be easily able to tank enough hits to stall for all specials with this team. Should be more consistent in clearing than with Raidhawk as a captain.

RedBoot

2 for 15 on first Boa feedings. This is starting out kind of like Zephyr, where I went 1 for 20 on his first feedings. Something about raid bosses during skill up events, I guess. Just going to go for 40 copies and see where that brings me. Zero Auto Heal sockets too, but I got some bind and despair.

New colosseum unit. I approve

CypJKUwUUAAJmt4.jpg

Yeah, I like Marguerite, and Treasure Cruise has been kind to her so far, both of her current versions are usable. I hope this one's solid too (and has more than 2 sockets).

Hana-Bi

2 for 15 on first Boa feedings. This is starting out kind of like Zephyr, where I went 1 for 20 on his first feedings. Something about raid bosses during skill up events, I guess. Just going to go for 40 copies and see where that brings me. Zero Auto Heal sockets too, but I got some bind and despair.

Yeah, I'm also 2/15 for skill ups and also got only 2 useful sockets. Really hard when you get no skill ups and zero useful sockets out of 5 copies...

Shackzam

Damn might have to wait a little bit to farm aokiji's before I can farm boa without it being kind of annoying. Gotta go down to my whitebeard to finish her off, which can kind of get tedious.

bjork

PS: What would you guys say are the essential roles in a G3 team ? I feel like i have to resurrect him to clear some of the tougher content until Lucci is ready.

I have:
Delayer (Golden Pound/Diamante/Haloween Zoro etc.)
Defensive active (Alvida/Perona/Smoker)
Burst/Matching orbs (Heracles ? Doffy ? Raid Kuma ?)

I dont have Kuma yet or Doffy maxskilled - though seeing their actives, is there any reason to run Heracles if you have access to Kuma ? Only thing good about Heracle is that i somehow max socketed him months ago.

I usually go with GPU and Doflamingo for their specials, then it varies depending on the situation. Sometimes you need a defense special, sometimes you just need to wreck fools.

I have yet to use my raid Kuma, but from what I understand he doesn't convert existing colored orbs? Heracles might be the best option for a full matching set for a rainbow team, afaik.

MANUELF

Banned
Don't you have Doffy?

IntHawk/Doffy
Raidhawk/Slasherdile
Mr. 3 and a Delayer/Healer

Even without maxed coffin boat, at 30 stamina you should be easily able to tank enough hits to stall for all specials with this team. Should be more consistent in clearing than with Raidhawk as a captain.
Is Mansherry a good enough Healer? My problem is that both Doffy and Mihawk dont have skillups so it would be 31 turns to use Mihawk and 28 to use Doffy

Jayhawk

Did 40 sta 3 times for the drop with:

inthawk/inthawk
slasherdile/prison mr.1
godsopp/doflamingo

Not gonna bother with 60 stamina until we get mihawk books & I get this team from 500hp heal to 1000hp heal per turn.

Even without skillups Boa is nice to have as a reserve unit for fortnight missions.

If you have coffin boat, you can stall long enough for INThawk special and 500 hp autoheal is enough for 60 stamina.

Tidd

If you use a SW Ace team you can easily use Heracles on stage 2. He will be ready once you get to Boa. Always nice to find own strategies. :)

bobohoro

Is Mansherry a good enough Healer? My problem is that both Doffy and Mihawk dont have skillups so it would be 31 turns to use Mihawk and 28 to use Doffy

Mansherry heals about 15k or so, right? Should be plenty to stall longer, either on the Shield Giant or Penguin. I don't have the exact numbers, but the Shield Giant should hit for around 5.1k (3CD) and the penguin for around 3k (2CD) on 30 stamina, so calculate accordingly.

You shouldn't need Mihawk for his special on 30 stamina. So you can swap him for another unit with a useful special or a INTslasher with high attack. But watch your health pool. My Doffy is also at 28 turns, so it should be doable.

The general rundown:
Stage 1: Stall without taking damage
Stage 2: Kill as many as possible, probably 2 will be left and despair your friend captain for 4 turns, which isn't a problem since you will keep the HP buff of your Doffy captain.
Stage 3: Kill the giants in the back as fast as possible. One hit of theirs might be manageable, but better safe than sorry. Then wait for the shield to disappear and stall as long as you can. If your HP gets low and you need more turns, heal up.
Stage 4: If you still need to stall and have enough HP kill all but the penguin, else just use Slasherdile to be safe.
Stage 5: Attack as long as you can take a hit from her, don't taker her down below 50%. Burst on turn 3 or 4, you should do over 1M damage with your team and can easily finish off her revive with INTHawk special.

I can do 40 stamina easy, even messing up at times, with that strategy, but I do have Coffin Boat Lv. 9 and PSY Marco for a full heal. 30 stamina should be no problem however with Mansherry and Going Merry Lv. 10.

MANUELF

Banned
Mansherry heals about 15k or so, right? Should be plenty to stall longer, either on the Shield Giant or Penguin. I don't have the exact numbers, but the Shield Giant should hit for around 5.1k (3CD) and the penguin for around 3k (2CD) on 30 stamina, so calculate accordingly.

You shouldn't need Mihawk for his special on 30 stamina. So you can swap him for another unit with a useful special or a INTslasher with high attack. But watch your health pool. My Doffy is also at 28 turns, so it should be doable.

The general rundown:
Stage 1: Stall without taking damage
Stage 2: Kill as many as possible, probably 2 will be left and despair your friend captain for 4 turns, which isn't a problem since you will keep the HP buff of your Doffy captain.
Stage 3: Kill the giants in the back as fast as possible. One hit of theirs might be manageable, but better safe than sorry. Then wait for the shield to disappear and stall as long as you can. If your HP gets low and you need more turns, heal up.
Stage 4: If you still need to stall and have enough HP kill all but the penguin, else just use Slasherdile to be safe.
Stage 5: Attack as long as you can take a hit from her, don't taker her down below 50%. Burst on turn 3 or 4, you should do over 1M damage with your team and can easily finish off her revive with INTHawk special.

I can do 40 stamina easy, even messing up at times, with that strategy, but I do have Coffin Boat Lv. 9 and PSY Marco for a full heal. 30 stamina should be no problem however with Mansherry and Going Merry Lv. 10.
Thanks, will try that when my stamina recover

MiTYH

Bah, that was disappointing. IntHawk/Mihawk team for WB forest, made it to the last stage, but my Perona isn't maxed (18 instead of 14) so I knew it would be a losing battle, just wanted to try. Got damn, damn close though (just WB remaining) but didn't have the health since high perona= had to tank a hit.

Sigh. I actually don't think I can beat this forest with such a high Perona, since even a G3/G3 uses that, and 4 turns added up over time is costly. Guess I spent all my time farming Lucci sockets when she was here, didn't plan accordingly enough.

Gonna start looking at Ace and Aokiji's forests, see if I can throw something together

bjork

I need to sit down and do the three newest forests, too. I mainly ran them once so it wouldn't say "new!" on the screen, and I think I tried WB twice. One of these days I'll do it. Today I'm too crippled by lack of sleep yesterday. I think I might run some baccarats since she didn't drop many copies for me yet, and then call it a day in about an hour. Shoot for 12h of sleep.

Hana-Bi

Man using GP Usopps special is the hardest part for this raid. Every other run I forget it...

Wanted to socket my Boa with cd, heal, orb but after 30 copies I still haven't got any orb sockets. Will probably go for bind, cd, heal now...

MiTYH

So yeah, can't do any of the forests apparently. Lack of a good clearing legend like WB/Goku hurts, lack of 4 skills on perona hurts more.

Guess I'll level up that Dinghy!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So yeah, can't do any of the forests apparently. Lack of a good clearing legend like WB/Goku hurts, lack of 4 skills on perona hurts more.

Guess I'll level up that Dinghy!

I've been trying to get the mihawk forest done. I think I can do it... getting close. Every now and then I'll have a brain fart and screw up my timing and it'll sink me. I wish there was a way to reset my turn like there is in other games (e.g., Dokkan, Naruto, etc).

Hana-Bi

Okay the skill ups went way better now. Maxed Boa with 45 copies and have 3/5/5 sockets for bind/cd/heal. Of course I could've got 2 orb sockets by now...

And maxed with only 49 copies. Wooh! After my first 25 copies it looked like a long ride today but then I got two to three skill ups with every 5 copies. :)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
That feeling when you activate all specials on your SW ace team and begin the first turn of your boa burst, then completely whiff on tapping one of the character portraits in the middle of your combo chain...

Top Bottom