• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Kyou

HOLY SHIT WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS

Just fucked around withthis team(with Mihawk instead of Whitebeard) on Aoikiji's forest and on my first try, I, uh

OhaHyuW.png
uRn56ha.png

??!?!?

Hana-Bi

Man I'm getting more LL books than Diamante books... Really need to max only Diamante now but I only got 2 books out of 15 runs...

EMT0

Banned
Man I'm getting more LL books than Diamante books... Really need to max only Diamante now but I only got 2 books out of 15 runs...

I know that exact pain. This fortnight is stacked against giving you books for characters that you own, I swear.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've narrowed down my viable 60 Stamina Boa Teams to the following. I think I could also make a shooter team using an Ace friend captain, but I don't think that's necessary. I've run through the numbers and actions on each stage, and each of these should be more than capable of clearing it, though each has certain advantages/disadvantages:

2qfHsMm.png

-Stage 1: Try to clear with around 5,000 health remaining.
-Stage 2: Clear on turn 1 with Inazuma last.
If Despaired, can continue the run. Team has Level 3 Despair as long as Friend Croc has 4 Despair sockets. Not sure if this is true.
-Stage 3: Must stall 12 turns before entering stage 3. Team has 29 combo. Inazuma special will allow tanking of hits, and around 5 turns of stall on the combo shielded giantess.
-Stage 4: Thousand Sunny to clear, stall on penguin as necessary.
-Stage 5: Monet special on turn 1. Attack (200,000). Kuma, Robin, and Croc specials. Attack (4 million). Revive. Croc special and attack to clear (1 to 1.4 million). Locked character does not matter.

Biggest issue with this team is the stall, so it's not very efficient. It should be consistent, however. Team will destroy Boa with damage output, even with sloppy hits.

E55JOA9.png

-Stage 1: Try to get matching orb on Kuma.
-Stage 2: Clear with Kid special, and Kuma attacking last.
-Stage 3: Combo of 27
-Stage 4: Thousand Sunny to clear, stall on penguin as necessary. Need 10,000 health going into stage 5.
-Stage 5: Aokiji, Kid, and Vergo specials. Attack (800,000). Tank 9,100. Kuma special. Attack (2.1 million). Revive. Aokiji and Don Chinjao special. Attack (880,000 to 1.7 million).

This team has a great health pool at 30,000 HP, but less RCV and only lvl 2 Autoheal. I will need to tank 1 hit from Boa at 9,100. Finding maxed Aokiji friends might be hard.

cIeGEeX.png

-Stage 1: Try to get matching orb on a STR and INT character for safety.
-Stage 2: Clear with Kid special, and Monet attacking last.
-Stage 5: Monet and Aokiji specials on turn 1. Attack (400,000). Kuma special on turn 2. Attack (3 million). Revive. 2X Rayleigh specials (100,000). Attack (600,000-700,000).

This team will have Level 4 Autoheal and high RCV which will make stalling a lot easier, and only needs to stall for 17-18 turns. The biggest hurdle is that post-revive damage is a little tight, and so the Rayleigh specials are almost necessary.

I think finding reliable Rayleigh friends will be easiest, but the Striker and Crocodile teams feel a bit more idiot proof. Crocodile in particular can get despaired, has plenty of combo for the giantesses, and can probably kill Boa (twice) even missing attacks during the burst.

Question guys: do you always stack books for Legends/characters that you don't own?

So far I do. It hurts too much to feed them for EXP.

cIeGEeX.png

-Stage 1: Try to get matching orb on a STR and INT character for safety.
-Stage 2: Clear with Kid special, and Monet attacking last.
-Stage 5: Monet and Aokiji specials on turn 1. Attack (400,000). Kuma special on turn 2. Attack (3 million). Revive. 2X Rayleigh specials (100,000). Attack (600,000-700,000).

This team will have Level 4 Autoheal and high RCV which will make stalling a lot easier, and only needs to stall for 17-18 turns. The biggest hurdle is that post-revive damage is a little tight, and so the Rayleigh specials are almost necessary.

I'll be using a similar team but instead of Monet, I'll be using Colo Smoker. I don't think doing enough damage on the Kuma burst turn will be a big deal for most Ray teams so I don't think Monet will be all that necessary. Curiously enough, I haven't seen any teams activate Aokiji on turn 1. I'm assuming the slot change will still happen even with the slot lock and you'll just have an extra turn of the striker buff. I guess there's no point in not doing it since Boa clears all buffs on revive unless your stalling is tight enough that the special isn't up until the Kuma burst turn. But to get back to Smoker. He's easily socketable to help you reach level 5 auto-heal; he benefits from Aokiji's striker boost AND he's an INT unit; and you can activate his special on Boa's revive to ensure she dies. Without Monet's special there's about 145k less damage but at about 3 mil damage it's more than enough to clear Boa's 272k health with addition to the damage from the previous turn. Very little trade off for more security on the revive kill.

The only other options I've seen for that spot are:

Duval
+Good for combo shield giant
+20% health cut
+Sockets!
-No type advantage or class boost
-Unhelpful for revive kill

V1 Robin
+Greater burst if activated before Aokiji
+Type advantage
+Sockets!
-No revive kill insurance

Vergo
+Class and type boost!
+Special usable for revive kill
-No sockets.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'll be using a similar team but instead of Monet, I'll be using Colo Smoker. I don't think doing enough damage on the Kuma burst turn will be a big deal for most Ray teams so I don't think Monet will be all that necessary. Curiously enough, I haven't seen any teams activate Aokiji on turn 1. I'm assuming the slot change will still happen even with the slot lock and you'll just have an extra turn of the striker buff. I guess there's no point in not doing it since Boa clears all buffs on revive unless your stalling is tight enough that the special isn't up until the Kuma burst turn. But to get back to Smoker. He's easily socketable to help you reach level 5 auto-heal; He benefits from Aokiji's striker boost AND he's an INT unit; and you can activate his special on Boa's revive to ensure she dies.

Unfortunately I didn't really farm a lot of Smoker, so I don't have that as an option. I probably should have, but I think I've been mostly farming some necessary books whenever he's come around.

I also noticed that no one uses Aokiji on turn 1, but I've tested his special, and you can totally use Kuma to swap orbs mid-lock. I think it's just been an oversight of most people because it's free damage basically. If you burst on turn 2, Boa will always clear all buffs anyway.

Monet stall on turn 1 also allows me to avoid needing to tank a hit from Boa. I could probably replace her with another delayer, actually. Though I'd want to make sure whoever it is does enough damage during stage 2.

The only other options I've seen for that spot are:

Duval
+Good for combo shield giant
+20% health cut
+Sockets!
-No type advantage or class boost
-Unhelpful for revive kill

V1 Robin
+Greater burst if activated before Aokiji
+Type advantage
+Sockets!
-No revive kill insurance

Vergo
+Class and type boost!
+Special usable for revive kill
-No sockets.

I do have Vergo near max and v1 Robin max, but I really would like to be able to delay on turn 1 to avoid taking a hit from Boa. With the current team arrangement, I don't have to manage health at all. Now that you've mentioned how overkill the burst damage is, though, I had forgotten that I just maxed Diamante. He's a STR Striker who will get a bonus from Aokiji, has an additional combo hit to help with the giantess, and a delayer that will add over 50,000 damage per turn (assuming the damage per turn isn't a buff/debuff? I don't actually know).

Kyou

I'm torn on trying to skill up my Colo Kid or if I should focus on socketing my RR Kid because it sounds like he'll be really useful for Boa

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm torn on trying to skill up my Colo Kid or if I should focus on socketing my RR Kid because it sounds like he'll be really useful for Boa

This might be really obvious, but I'd base it on if you have sockets missing that would really help on your Boa team that requires Kid. Having Kid available during a 2X skill up is pretty valuable, but if one or two sockets on your Kid would make a big difference, go for it.

Hana-Bi

I've narrowed down my viable 60 Stamina Boa Teams to the following. I think I could also make a shooter team using an Ace friend captain, but I don't think that's necessary. I've run through the numbers and actions on each stage, and each of these should be more than capable of clearing it, though each has certain advantages/disadvantages

Nice teams. Might use the Croc team you posted. :) I saw a video of a Croc team with Mr3, Kuma, Breed and Robin. Problem is the combo of 27 .

My question is though: can Croc really get despaired and still clear stage 3? Those giants in the background could have a cd of 1 and you can only take one hit with Inazumas special if you have your hp just above 5.000. Don't know if you can kill all those giants in one turn with a despaired Croc friend.

Kyou

This might be really obvious, but I'd base it on if you have sockets missing that would really help on your Boa team that requires Kid. Having Kid available during a 2X skill up is pretty valuable, but if one or two sockets on your Kid would make a big difference, go for it.

oh, no, I havent really even started on RR Kid. I guess I'll go for Colo Kid because he's the better long term investment. If I have to just get one copy of Boa, even during a skill up, I guess I can live with that

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nice teams. Might use the Croc team you posted. :) I saw a video of a Croc team with Mr3, Kuma, Breed and Robin. Problem is the combo of 27 .

My question is though: can Croc really get despaired and still clear stage 3? Those giants in the background could have a cd of 1 and you can only take one hit with Inazumas special if you have your hp just above 5.000. Don't know if you can kill all those giants in one turn with a despaired Croc friend.

I was basing this on the three back-row giants doing 6800 and the front row giant dealing 10,000. If Inazuma reduces all incoming damage over 5,000 by 97% for three turns, then it should be a total of a little under 1,000 damage if all four attack. I've never actually used Inazuma's special, so I wasn't sure, but that was my reading of how it works.

EDIT: Damnit. It only reduces the damage over the 5,000. I don't know why I didn't check that. That really puts a wrench in that team. I guess it's a good thing I posted it here. That probably saved me 60 stamina. The team might still work, but I have to think it through. Inazuma definitely can clear stage 2 and not get despaired.

oh, no, I havent really even started on RR Kid. I guess I'll go for Colo Kid because he's the better long term investment. If I have to just get one copy of Boa, even during a skill up, I guess I can live with that

I might come up with a team for Boa now, and if you really feel like a socket or two will make a difference, it might be worth it. I think Coliseum Kid is definitely the better investment given the 2X special up now, though.

Hana-Bi

I was basing this on the three back-row giants doing 6800 and the front row giant dealing 10,000. If Inazuma reduces all incoming damage over 5,000 by 97% for three turns, then it should be a total of a little under 1,000 damage if all four attack. I've never actually used Inazuma's special, so I wasn't sure, but that was my reading of how it works.

I might come up with a team for Boa now, and if you really feel like a socket or two will make a difference, it might be worth it. I think Coliseum Kid is definitely the better investment given the 2X special up now, though.

I think you'll take 5000 damage and then only 3% of the remaining damage. So if all 4 attack you'll take at least 5k damage or even 20k.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think you'll take 5000 damage and then only 3% of the remaining damage. So if all 4 attack you'll take at least 5k damage or even 20k.

Man, I just realized that. The only issue is that without the despair, I might not be able to guarantee enough stall. If only those Croc books next week would have come sooner.

Inazuma, at level 90 or so, can definitely clear stage 2 at 5,000 or so health remaining if he's used as the final hit. It's definitely riskier. We don't have a lot of options in terms of Cerebral delayers/damage reducers. Prison Mr. 1 is another option, and an INT character, but mine is still at Skill Lvl 1.

Hana-Bi

Man, I just realized that. The only issue is that without the despair, I might not be able to guarantee enough stall. If only those Croc books next week would have come sooner.

Inazuma, at level 90 or so, can definitely clear stage 2 at 5,000 or so health remaining if he's used as the final hit. It's definitely riskier. We don't have a lot of options in terms of Cerebral delayers/damage reducers. Prison Mr. 1 is another option, and an INT character, but mine is still at Skill Lvl 1.

T-Bone is also a great option. My problem is that l have to many auto heal sockets on my team then (Monet, T-Bone and Robin (have two Robins but to get cd level 2 I have to use the one with auto heal).).

Yeah, really frustrating with those legend skill books. I probably run an IntHawk team and I have to see if GP Usopp and getting despaired is necessary for his special against Boa or if I could just bring Mr3 or Kimono Tashigi with me and take 1 hit from the giant. And the next question is: Coffin boat or Sunny special for stage 4....

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So are those half Stamina Fortnights a regular thing ? Kinda just appeared randomly without an announcement - unless im missed it.

Will they stay half-stam for the whole week ? Had some bad skill up luck on Diamante but thx to half stamina i nearly max skilled him already.

EMT0

Banned
So, so salty. Two tries in a row, I whiffed on the Mihawk forest. The first time I was one skill up short. So I said fuck it, alright, sure. I dropped a whole lot of random boosters on my two Tabasco Star Usopps I had sitting in my box, evolved them to GP Usopps, and fed them to my main one. And...success! One skillup. Alright, sweet. Try #2. Everything goes fine for the most part, then get to the Strawhats. Luffy lives by what has to have been <5k HP and KOs me even though I actually had GP Usopp ready this time for Mihawk.

I'm clearing that forest tomorrow, one way or another dammit. 150 spare cola is 150 cola too much >.>

Hana-Bi

I think I decided on my Boa farming team.

Will use a double IntHawk team with Kimono Tashigi, Croc, 3d2y Zoro and Doffy + Sunny ship.

With a InHawk friend with heal, bind and despair sockets I have auto heal level 5, orb level 2, (unfortunately) only cd level 1 and maxed bind and despair.

I stall on stage 1 and take hits from the lobster, hopefully clear stage 2, take a hit from the giant on stage 3, use Sunny on stage 4 and use Tashigi and Zoro on turn 1 against Boa and then Croc and Doffy on turn 2 and hopefully burst her down and then use IntHawks special to kill her for real.

RalchAC

So are those half Stamina Fortnights a regular thing ? Kinda just appeared randomly without an announcement - unless im missed it.

Will they stay half-stam for the whole week ? Had some bad skill up luck on Diamante but thx to half stamina i nearly max skilled him already.

Yeah. Lately Extra Island (Fortnights + Evolvers) has been half stamina a week every month. And we've got stamina snails rate up in between those half stamina weeks too.

I'll finish my Hawkins sockets next rotation. I don't think I'll farm any other boss though.

Is Colo Ace any good? Since I don't have SW Ace I probably just farm Colo Coby.

Not really, his special is mediocre (reduces cd by 1 and 50% damage reduction) and his captain ability boosts free spirit units but is completely outclassed by Colo Apoo and Raid Sabo. His fight is a big enough of a pain in the ass that he's probably not even worth farming to socket other Aces unless you have a very specific team comp that clear him easily.

Speaking of sockets, is anyone planning on trying to socket Legend Boa with Raid Boa? Sixty stamina seems like a steep price, especially when she has five sockets. I wonder if it would just be easier to use tomes.

Not really, his special is mediocre (reduces cd by 1 and 50% damage reduction) and his captain ability boosts free spirit units but is completely outclassed by Colo Apoo and Raid Sabo. His fight is a big enough of a pain in the ass that he's probably not even worth farming to socket other Aces unless you have a very specific team comp that clear him easily.

Speaking of sockets, is anyone planning on trying to socket Legend Boa with Raid Boa? Sixty stamina seems like a steep price, especially when she has five sockets. I wonder if it would just be easier to use tomes.

You'd be better off using legend boa to socket raid boa, considering she sucks.
j/k

Hana-Bi

Well, I farmed Shanks sockets and since he was a hidden boss 60 stam for a Boa copy isn't that much. I'll focus on raid Boa first.

cw_sasuke

Teamed up my Garp with Legend Shanks - yellow orbs everywhere heh. Nice, just need to get used to Shanks attack animation.

Yeah. Lately Extra Island (Fortnights + Evolvers) has been half stamina a week every month. And we've got stamina snails rate up in between those half stamina weeks too.

I'll finish my Hawkins sockets next rotation. I don't think I'll farm any other boss though.

Thanks, thats good to know - i will then finish off Thriller Park 2
during half stamina. Still have enough time to run the Fortnight this weekend.

Havent gotten a Stamina Snails yet though...

RR30

Is Colo Apoo or RR version better? Pulled Apoo last Sugo.

I'm hoping to max skill Colo Kidd today. I finished up RR Kidd first (B/D/AH/CD).

MiTYH

Math is hard:

Waited and did a pig island, but still, it was annoying. I should have just done the newer FN for a bit more EXP. Ah well.

Anyway, time to farm some dragons, then back to getting hina drops. They've been... okay. Considering I was starting as skill lvl2, I'm working my way down to maxing her.

Tidd

Is Colo Apoo or RR version better? Pulled Apoo last Sugo.

I'm hoping to max skill Colo Kidd today. I finished up RR Kidd first (B/D/AH/CD).

Each apoo has a different role. The RR one is a great orb manipulator(with RR law for dex teams) and colosseum apoo is a class booster.

Hana-Bi

Seems like we get the next skill up event in two weeks. And seems like during a clash of clashes + during Croco books.

Bandai is too good to us. :)

MiTYH

Seems like we get the next skill up event in two weeks. And seems like during a clash of clashes + during Croco books.

I'm super excited for another clash of clashes. Out of everyone, I need Enel, Zephyr, and Aokiji the most. Wouldn't hurt to throw a Buster Call our way too.

EDIT: And Kuma/Shiki too, but I want the others before them

Tidd

Lobster cave is the bigger news!!!!

Hopefully we get another 2 new raid bosses back to back. Lookin at you Pica and Kizaru :)

Edit: Am I the only one who thinks that we might get the increased skill up chance soonish and they just want us to waste all the raid bosses and skill books? Or how do u you explain 2 skill ups events back to back? :p

cw_sasuke

I finally need to max skill Doffy - assuming he is part of the Rush.

MiTYH

0/7 skillups for the last few Hina, come on get your act together girl, I'm sick of your terrible skillbook drops

Also, I think I need to hit the Beli Cave this weekend. First time in.... a looong time. I'm almost below 1 million, when I swear I used to be above 4 recently.

cw_sasuke

Damn they really beefed up those Story Islands. Got destroyed on Morias Mast Mansion on the final Stage.

Is there a idiot proof f2p team that can clear the stage 12 ? The one prior against Oars was already kinda though...they need to chill a bit with the difficulty there lol.

Also is it just me or is the combo Rayleigh x Luffy 32DY quite lackluster ? Feels even weaker than a standard 2,5x Captain.

bobohoro

And I maxed Gladius, so I can finally move on as well.
Now to get Hina down to at least 15 and then farm for some Mirage Tempo Books and Nami sockets.

And clash of clashes with 2x skill-up is lovely, hoping for Buster Call to return.
Lobster cavern is also really needed, need around 6 and then stock up for the future.

I feel like we aren't far away from permanent skill-up rates and weekly lobster cavern with these news.

RR30

Each apoo has a different role. The RR one is a great orb manipulator(with RR law for dex teams) and colosseum apoo is a class booster.

Thanks. Guess I'll socket RR first then worry about the colo version. The books I get while socketing the RR should get me a decent amount of skill ups.

RedBoot

Going to Colo Ace next is interesting. Initially I thought they were just choosing random units, but the Colo batch after Kid's is actually Ace + Beckman, so this is just that with Coby tossed in, which works since that gives us a standard Easy/Medium/Hard Colo set. So they might actually be trying to speed up our Colosseum releases. They can basically do away with the Coby/Alvida wave if they toss Alvida into another wave like this one. I don't know what they'll do when they have to double up on Chaos difficulty characters, though.

The other nice thing about this would mean that our next wave would be Colo Vista, which is a very important unit for Slasher teams. In fact, I'd say that the next wave is probably going to be Vista/Alvida/Paulie with that in mind. Which sucks a little because I'd like to farm all three of those.

Top Bottom