• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

MiTYH

Goddamn luck. First run of Kizaru, and Shanks appears. I swear, when I finally CAN beat this team, he'll never show...

Nightmare Luffy! I'm excited for east sockets/a decent INT for my powerhouse team. Even though I'm sure I'll rarely use him, it IS nice to finally have him.

EDIT: Also, I hate that my Kizaru team (INTHawk/RaidHawk) relies on Law orb shuffling on the final stage. Soft resetting seems like cheating, but moreso, it takes TIME if RNG isn't with me.

Also, I swapped my Koza for Colo Brownbeard. I have JUST enough stalling to have him active on the necessary turn. I really could use him to come back to the coliseum for some more SA, but for now, he works. If I had one more SA on 3d2y Zoro, I'd probably bring him instead for the better attack boost, even if he is STR

mileS

So if I'm reading this correctly it says you can have TS Luffy books drop during the Shiki raid? Why is nobody talking about this. (right at the bottom of the notes for the upcoming Sugo)

Majukun

So if I'm reading this correctly it says you can have TS Luffy books drop during the Shiki raid? Why is nobody talking about this. (right at the bottom of the notes for the upcoming Sugo)

you are right,seems like it

now i'm tempted to make another zephyr just to get some ts franky books...but i think it would not be worth it.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Oh snap, seriously? That's awesome. I was just thinking about spending ray points on books for TSL to get him to max, but now I won't have to.

Currently skipping this invasion event. Saving gems for Shiki. Bors and shanks will be back again.

RedBoot

I read that as talking about the 3D2Y books in the various movie fortnights (note that it just says movie-themed adventures, not specifically the raids). I could be wrong, but I doubt they're going to re-do the drop tables for just one event.

Really, they've been making more typos/odd statements than usual lately. I don't know why this sugo is mentioned as being movie-themed when as far as I know Law and Marco don't appear in any of the OP films (haven't seen Gold yet).

Majukun

I read that as talking about the 3D2Y books in the various movie fortnights (note that it just says movie-themed adventures, not specifically the raids). I could be wrong, but I doubt they're going to re-do the drop tables for just one event.

Really, they've been making more typos/odd statements than usual lately. I don't know why this sugo is mentioned as being movie-themed when as far as I know Law and Marco don't appear in any of the OP films (haven't seen Gold yet).

i really think it's just for the raids since first it lists them based on the raid and then it says that those ts stawhats will have their skillbooks available during the movie content

as of now i don't think i'll waste gems over gems to make a second zephyr and get ts franky skillbooks,even if they are kind of far away since they drop in the dadan fortnight

mileS

Yeah thats why I posted here last night asking. Makes it sound like its raids as well. How else could you get books from Shiki? Unless hes in a fortnight I'm not thinking about some how.

but yeah, thats why I was saying sometimes the translation is strange. The amount of errors we get on a consistent basis is still high. I was also surprised to see 0 people talk about it on reddit as well.

bobohoro

Huh, I thought those characters were boosted in their stats against those raids, not getting their books to drop.
Granted, I just flew over the announcement.

Ran double Shiryu 6 times today against Kizaru, messed up once, but other than that the first 4 runs went pretty fast, only a couple of resets. The last two were ridiculous though, one run taking 15 Shiryu specials, the other 20+, so I kinda leave it at two more Shanks copies and run my usual Kizaru team to get 10 drops of him. Another 2 skill-ups will put him at 17, so perfect for my Enelteam against Shiki.

EMT0

Banned
Since Shiki's coming, I want to get Lao G done in anticipation of him which means I need 20 books. I'm at 25 atm, but I don't trust the RNG to not give me the dick so I'm gonna shoot for 30. We seriously need that permanent skillup increase so that I could at least yolofeed :/

bjork

I want to keep running the Baby 5 FN, but I sure feel like it's smarter to wait for it to return so I can 2X stamina it. I wish raids had that, weren't they supposed to?

Looks like cw_sasuke got got in the Mega Man Collection thread. Hope he's back soon!

Majukun

now that i read it more carefully,maybe there's no actually any new manuals in the raid..the page only suggests that you can use some of those sugo-boosted characters to great effect in the raids and it lists what characters are good where,and then it just says that in the movie fortnights you might find the books for SOME of them

if i' right it's much better for me since it means i don't need to farm those raids at all :p

RedBoot

Fighting Aokiji with a Shanks-capable team: 0/5 ambushes
Fighting Kizaru with a team that can't beat Shanks: 3/5 ambushes

Yup, that looks about right.

My Kizaru's still two sockets from max, but that's fine for now. I can work on those with natural stamina.

bobohoro

Fell asleep, only got 9 copies of Kizaru.
Oh well, should work out.

Since Shiki's coming, I want to get Lao G done in anticipation of him which means I need 20 books. I'm at 25 atm, but I don't trust the RNG to not give me the dick so I'm gonna shoot for 30. We seriously need that permanent skillup increase so that I could at least yolofeed :/

Yeah my Lao G is in need of 5 skill-ups as well, and I really should get him down to at least a CD of 20. Problem is, I don't really need anything else from the Count Butler FN and could use all the sockets of HW FN, but will probably use today to get at least ~10 books and hope for the best on the next skill-up.

And I'll probably gem hard for NM Luffy, since I don't have any delayers for my full PH team and no real useful INT PH either.

MiTYH

Personal achievement: Ran my Mihawk/INThawk team against Kizaru, didn't screw up timings once! 6 copies with natural stamina, nothing to write home about. only 1 Invasion but that's fine since I couldn't beat it anyway.

At this point, all I want are those delicious 3d2y zoro books. It's coming tonight at reset, and I'm going to farm that movie FN hard. RIP gems, no sugo for me this week

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I would pay someone to run the forests for me. I know I have the units for many/most of them, but I can never set aside the hour or two to grind some out.

Kyou

Looking at the Z coliseum, it's looking like Zephyr is great for Jinbe and Ain would be a good healer for Zoro.

Busy busy

RedBoot

Looking at the Z coliseum, it's looking like Zephyr is great for Jinbe and Ain would be a good healer for Zoro.

Busy busy

Yeah, and with this being the only shot we have at them for likely quite some time, there'll be a lot of pressure to max them all.

Binz looks reasonably decent, does a few solid but not irreplaceable things. Adding to the chain multiplier is nice, but he doesn't do as much as Kizaru does. Might be a useful character for Striker teams (aka Barto owners).

I'll probably just work in order from Z to A to B. If I max them all, great, if not, so be it.

MiTYH

Yeah, and with this being the only shot we have at them for likely quite some time, there'll be a lot of pressure to max them all.

Binz looks reasonably decent, does a few solid but not irreplaceable things. Adding to the chain multiplier is nice, but he doesn't do as much as Kizaru does. Might be a useful character for Striker teams (aka Barto owners).

I'll probably just work in order from Z to A to B. If I max them all, great, if not, so be it.

I'll go in the order of "Do I have a team to beat this? No? Time to cry" most likely.

Kyou

Binz is a diiiistant third of the colo dudes for me.

As far as the FNs go I don't need to run Dead End, Young Robin, or Indigo. In Tesoro I need Gladius and Diamante(and Baccarat? Seems low priority since I have Buggy). Also I'm going to farm the shit out of WB pirates 2 for Sengoku and Caesar books.

I guess I'll hit Mr. 3 tonight a bit but there's nothing super exciting there for me.

ExVicis

Do I'm not doing the worst on Whitebeard's books. I have 15 total from all the runs I've spammed. I'm contemplating just leaving it at that number and savings, I just think Whitebeard's should he maxed out now, especially if I really hope to get a Red Skull at some point in the future.

Majukun

damn it's depressing when you do a double stamina run of the halloween fn and you don't get a single character to drop :/

bobohoro

Needed 2 gems but got my 10 Lao G books as planned.

damn it's depressing when you do a double stamina run of the halloween fn and you don't get a single character to drop :/

Happens waaaaay too often. For a rather limited FN which is primarly used for sockets the drop rate is stupid low.

Had a look at the film coli units and:
  • Don't think I need Zephyr. Have both 2x color booster for STR/INT and Shiki for Driven, no use for Fighter teams, guess I'll pass.
  • Ain looks like a nice healer for Slasher, but then her stats aren't too crazy, so I might as well run PSY Marco for a full heal instead.
  • Binz actually looks like a fun and decent unit, but I don't run Striker/FS teams, so low priority

Wew, seems like I don't really need to spend time/gems to grind them this time around. Will hopefully find the time to finish all colis once at least.

EMT0

Banned

Yuuuuuuup. It sucks since I just started farming the HW FN today. I decided to power through with gems on the Count Butler FN to get to 30 Lao G books, maxed out both Hotdog and Heaby in the process and got 10 SW Shanks books. I decided to gem up on HW so that it doesn't turn into a last minute grind, and used up 10 gems total farming FNs today. 3D2Y Chopper and SW Franky are halfway done with his sockets, 5+ Luffy/TS Nami are 1 socket away from done. I also got 6 Whitebeard books out of the 10 I hope to get by the end. Once I've got the ten books and max socket SW Franky, I'm done with the HW FN until it rolls around again.

I'll probably put in a few more gems today to make more progress towards this, as I want to run Gasparde until ten copies of him, followed by Cobymeppo for the rest of the week using all natural stamina. As much as I'm running through my gems recently(down 40 between farming and maxing out box space), I'd like to keep some for upcoming content. Gotta resocket Zephyr, run the hell out of that story mode island, farm Shiki, max 3D2Y Sanji, farm Colo Zephyr/Ain/Binz, and farm the hell out of the upcoming Whitebeard Pirates FN.

....jesus, that's a lot of shit. And my box space can't handle it all, I'm already at the limit :( Good thing Zephyr can be fed immediately, ditto for Cobymeppo(I need sockets not skillups), I have enough space to max out on Shiki, and everything else comes during or after the skillup. I'll probably start yolofeeding less important skillbooks like Bellamy/Dorry/Broggy/Butler FN Chopper. And I've already been yolofeeding other things too.

mileS

Got 20 Shanks books with natural stam. All with double stam as well. Now if I was to try and do this for a legend I really really care about.... ha. Wasn't that excited about Shanks books, so thats probably why I got that many without having to gem. It will be a while before he's even evolved and leveled tbh. Still don't think he's meat worthy right now (last one at least)

Count Butler was a good one for me. Got a nice share of Koala, Lao G, and Count Butler himself (Good for Sengoku). Most fortnights lately I'm only in there for 1 thing. So having 4 different(useful) things to drop is a nice change.

*edit* hmm that was strange. Just did another 30stam Count Butler and had nothing drop on the boss. Didn't even know that could happen on 30stam... and of course that was x2, so x2 nothing yay!

EMT0

Banned
Strawhat's Journey has some ass droprates but despite that, it's still worth taking your time to farm for one-time units on each of the later stages. This is my loot from 3 gems' investment:

-Khalifa
-Perona
-Moria
-Tartalan
-Kid
-Hina

That's a LOT of story farming I get to skip over now. Time to try my luck for Rayleigh and the Admirals on the final stage :)

EDIT: Got Sandersonia and Magellan off of my first gem. I'm probably going to go ahead and just grind this out today since I plan on using natural stamina onwards for the rest of the week. So whether I do the grind now or later won't matter too much.
EDIT2: 2 Magellans. Lol, shame he's not one of those units with a split evolution.

RedBoot

Got Kurobi, Mr. 3, and Moria on my first go through the stages, all of whom I already have. Kind of amused to finally get Mr. 3 as a drop, as I used to farm his stage weekly back in the day before I finally got him in a sugo.

Not really getting much to drop from the 40 stamina version as far as characters go, but there's a lot of CC, evolvers, and turtles to be had. My main targets are Sentomaru, Rayleigh, Akainu, and Kizaru. Not sure how much I'll be putting into running it (there's HW Hats and Mr. 3/Buggy runs to do), but I'd like to at least get Sentomaru because fuck running that stage anymore.

EMT0

Banned
Got Kurobi, Mr. 3, and Moria on my first go through the stages, all of whom I already have. Kind of amused to finally get Mr. 3 as a drop, as I used to farm his stage weekly back in the day before I finally got him in a sugo.

Not really getting much to drop from the 40 stamina version as far as characters go, but there's a lot of CC, evolvers, and turtles to be had. My main targets are Sentomaru, Rayleigh, Akainu, and Kizaru. Not sure how much I'll be putting into running it (there's HW Hats and Mr. 3/Buggy runs to do), but I'd like to at least get Sentomaru because fuck running that stage anymore.

Speaking of CC lol, this is better for CC than normal Le Crap. I reliably get 3-5 CC per 40 stamina run.

RedBoot

Speaking of CC lol, this is better for CC than normal Le Crap. I reliably get 3-5 CC per 40 stamina run.

Yup. I've gotten a decent amount already. It's a bit stamina-expensive in that respect but at least I'm generally getting something useful each run.

Also, as usual complaining on the internet improved my drop rates, got Rayleigh, Magellan, and Croc to drop in my last gem's worth. Already have the latter two, but getting Rayleigh is awesome. No more running that 3D2Y stage and getting useless 5+ Luffy evolver skulls!

(Kind of amazing to think I did probably 120-ish Croc runs back in the day for my 2 copies, and now I've gotten like six in the past few weeks between this and the FP sugo. Used both Crocs plenty though, so it was worth it)

Majukun

reached the sabaody part of flashback island before i had to stop for no stamina, dropped 1 new character (sentomaru) out of 4 total

also did the ranking at the third attempt

lots of staff to do today

does the effect against shooter and fighter in the new fortnight also apply to multiclass characters?

EMT0

Banned
My loot from the following three gems I dropped were another Perona, two Marigolds, Aokiji, Hannaybal, Croc, and Akainu. Now I'm starting to wonder if it's still worth running the stage since I've probably got most of the good units, aside from Rayleigh. I still want Rayleigh, another Moria, Mihawk, Kizaru, Oars, Kaku x 2, Lucci, Jabra and Sentomaru. I suppose that's enough to keep me going for a few more gems. None of them are vital, but this beats the hell out of story mode farming so :s

Hana-Bi

Damn is the drop rate horrible. Gave up on Kid after 10 more tries and ran the last stage 5 times now. Rayleigh showed up once so far but of course didn't drop. No story drop on the last stage for me so far...

MiTYH

Glad I'm not the only one getting terrible droprate on these units. I'm not bothering to reroll on some of them, I need stamina badly.

Did my first double run of dead end. Got 2 Ace books, no zoro books. Guess which one I don't have VS actually have? Gonna be a fun week

Also, what teams are people using for the new FN? All my legends are Slasher or Fighter, but I still might go that route. Or, more likely, I'll do one run to get a gem and ignore the FN entirely until it eventually comes back. Movie > all right now

EDIT: Finished a run through everything including my first through the random last stage. The only drops I got were:
- Mr. 5
- Shura

I also got 2 lobster drops and about 7 CC. What, were you expecting more? So was I.... I'll probably run the FN a bit when dead end is gone. 40 stamina is just a bit too rich for these drop rates right now

Also, I do NOT want to say how much stamina I wasted on the new ranking. Did wind up with 3 3d2y zoro books though, so, yay? G3 teams and I have a delicate relationship...

5 aokiji's aside - need 10 more levels though =(

5 3d2y Zoro books currently only need 2 more levels so should be able to after collecting more

5 whitebeard books for 6 levels =(

I want to max my Zephyr before he goes again need 4 more levels

Kyou

Story haul so far:

Blueno, Sengoku, Hannyabl, 2nd Moria

Really just want the admirals, a second Lucci, and Rayleigh

Also Aokiji has dropped like three times

RedBoot

Liking the Mr.3/Buggy FN so far, which is nice because I've found the last 2-3 fortnights to be dull. Galdino looks like he has some potential for Sengoku teams, so I'll probably try and max him out. Buggy shows up a lot as well.

Gonna get 4 Galdinos a day, try and wring 10 more Frankys out of the HW FN, then spend the rest of my stamina on the Story event level. Well, until all of these raids and colos come in the next few days to mess all that up. :p

So how exactly does this stage work once you've cleared all of it?

All the stages leading up to the final one are one-run only, while the final one can be repeated as much as you want during the event. The final stage has a large number of characters who can spawn (each run being different) with four possible bosses (Moria, Magellan, Akainu, Rayleigh). Most of the characters can drop in the final stage, but a few notable ones (Law, Kid, Garp, Sengoku, some others) only show up during the initial stages, which is why some people are quitting out of those to repeat them.

All in all the characters have better chances to drop here than in regular story modes, but it's still fairly low. There's a lot of other nice things in the stage (CC, mostly) too, so it's "worth" running, though with all the other special and limited content going on right now, you need to figure out what works best for you.

bjork

Did my runs of the journey thing, and the only new drop for me was Magellan on earlier stage where he's the boss. But I might run this thing a lot, just to try and get the other key stuff I'm missing. Multiples in one run would be extra cool. I wish I knew a good Buggy team for this, in case I did get some good drop.

Also had a heck of a time with the ranking, not sure why. In the end, I just went with a G3 team that did the trick, but that was probably 15 runs in. Lots of sloppy timing ruining runs and whatnot. But the despair book finished 3D2Y Zoro's sockets, so hooray

EMT0

Banned
I give up on the story fn. 20 runs no new drops and all I wanted was Rayleigh...

I'm close to that at this point too. I've done 16 runs without any drops, so I'm at the very least gonna take a break to finish the HW FN for SW Franky. And irony of ironies, I keep getting WB books after already getting the ten I wanted instead of Franky dupes on his stage. You're cruel, Bandai :'(

At least the cola let me finish the Ark Maxim, which was a huge goal for me. Because Shiki gon die.
EDIT: 6 double stamina runs later, zero Franky drops. You're doubly cruel, Bandai.
EDIT: 10 runs, two money bag in a row. TILTINGGGGG

MiTYH

Did my 4 stage runs for the new FN, got buggy on the 15 one and Mr3 on the last. I'm done until maybe double stamina. I think the only other FN I really skipped was the amazon one. Hope it comes
back but not in June!

Also have 9 3d2y Zoro books so far! It's exciting, I hope the droprate continues to be this good. Between Nightmare luffy (who I may or may not farm, he'll be back), movie coliseum, the story character thing, and these books, I've got too much to do.

Also got an INTHawk books. Feels weird, getting books now for a maxed legends. Wish I could gift it to people!

EDIT: Did 5 runs of Luffy's new thing. Got the unicycle buggy guy, the string guy, and... about 12 CC. Seriously, I never EVERY one of the boss guys, so I guess I'll run this a bunch until I get at least one

Majukun

anyone had luck with the flashback island final stage? as of now I didn't get a single character to drop... most of the ones I need didn't even appear at all like rayleigh and oars

Kyou

anyone had luck with the flashback island final stage? as of now I didn't get a single character to drop... most of the ones I need didn't even appear at all like rayleigh and oars
I got a Moria earlier today.

Drop rate feels like it's better than story but still shitty. Maybe 5% instead of 1

EMT0

Banned
Finally, finally done with the Halloween fortnights. SW Franky and 3D2Y Chopper are done. TS Nami's not done because I swapped out her complete Orbs socket for Charge Special, but it's alright. I got 5+ Luffy done and I'm halfway done with SW Luffy, but the one I cared about the most is done. Thank you ranking challenge, for giving me the last despair socket I needed. No more gemming. Now to coast off natural stamina for the next week or so while running Straw Hat's Journey. Everything else I can wait out till next time they come around or I really don't need(2 more skillups on Gasparde).

mileS

Operation Escape is really highlighting how bad my slasher units are(sockets, skill level, etc). When I can't use Sengoku, Blackbeard, or TS Luffy I'm kind of lost lol. If I had some skill ups on 3d2y Zoro and Doffy maybe... It's kind of sad I don't have Doffy maxed yet. After this movie stuff dies down I'll have to save some gems just for Doffy farming. My Blackbeard team would have a lot more options with him maxed.

EMT0

Banned
Operation Escape is really highlighting how bad my slasher units are(sockets, skill level, etc). When I can't use Sengoku, Blackbeard, or TS Luffy I'm kind of lost lol. If I had some skill ups on 3d2y Zoro and Doffy maybe... It's kind of sad I don't have Doffy maxed yet. After this movie stuff dies down I'll have to save some gems just for Doffy farming. My Blackbeard team would have a lot more options with him maxed.

Doffy is a permanent member of my Blackbeard team, I'd strongly recommend maxing him ASAP, from one Blackbeard owner to another. I'm looking forward to INT Doffy hitting Global, because that's going to do wonders for my color variety. You actually got me thinking about my most used Blackbeard subs. If I was gonna tier them it'd be something like this:

Tier 1:

GPU/SW Usopp/Legend Usopp
Mansherry

Raid Doffy
Raid Kizaru
Raid Sabo

Legend Marco
6+ Whitebeard

Tier 2:
3D2Y Sanji
Diamante
Gladius

Shiki(once I max him)
Raid Mihawk

INTHawk
Cavendish

Tier 3:
Everybody else

Basically, health cutters, healers, generic damage boosters, delayers, and Raid Doflamingo are the bread and butter for all the teams I run. Class boosters are nice but I rarely use them as monoclass teams tend to be harder to build and are largely less flexible. Utility units like Cavendish and INTHawk are awesome when needed for things like the Coliseum, but are rarely in most teams I build. To put it more simply, Blackbeard has never failed me with the following strategy: I stall as long as possible, using my healer when/if they're needed. I'll poke at the enemy for as long as I can get away with with normal attacks. When I'm ready to burst, drop 2-4 health cuts on them and get 4+ matching orbs between 6+ Whitebeard and Raid Doffy. Burst after using any damage supplementers like Raid Sabo or Kizaru. Other units tend to only join this mixup when the specific stage requires them(ex. Dellinger on Raid Kizaru).

If you've got a maxed Shiki and Lao G you can run the Driven BB team. Likewsie, recent Japan units gives us the Powerhouse BB team. Or alternatively, this team for a higher burst. Legend Sanji isn't just a great lead, he's an amazing futureproof sub too.

Top Bottom