• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red coming to NA/Europe this year (3DS, Wii U, PS3, Vita)

Pyccko

Well, that's pretty neat. Never would have expected a physical Vita release. Now all it needs is a little transfarring. C'mon Namco! Put that silly-ass name to some good use!

Bio-Frost

This news is awesome, was going to import a euro copy for vita. Thank you based Namco, now if only we could get news on a dub. Japanese voices are great and all but im so used to Funimations voice cast. Hoping maybe Romance dawn sold enough to justify it.

Axass

Wow, I'd say it looks like an interactive anime... but the OP anime looks like shit 90% of the times lately, so this is much better.

I might actually get this.

Is it more RPG like?
The Unlimited games focus more on exploration and combat, but I do believe there is a kind of RPG element where the more you use moves, the more they gain experience and eventually level up.

It's more of an action adventure game though.

dan2026

The Unlimited games focus more on exploration and combat, but I do believe there is a kind of RPG element where the more you use moves, the more they gain experience and eventually level up.

It's more of an action adventure game though.

Cool thanks.

This looks really good for an upscaled 3ds game.
Too good, I think the assets were made for stronger systems.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
Boxart said:
i5HxTAuoETHVY.jpg

So good. Thanks, Bamco.

Having not read or watched One Piece past the first 30 episodes would I be completely lost with this game, or is it not based directly on the manga/show?

Shun

Not gonna happen, but I can still hope for a Wii U Physical release :[

I'm saving my 23 gb for this game.

If we get it via Wii U, would we still get the extras included in those physical releases? It would be a shame if we got shafted just because of the digital release.

Really looking forward to this game because of Trafalgar Law, I hope they plan more updates for the game and let us play as Law/Ace more often.

Having not read or watched One Piece past the first 30 episodes would I be completely lost with this game, or is it not based directly on the manga/show?
Yes. You'd be completely lost in terms of story, characters and locations. This covers events around episodes 500 or so to where the anime is now.

Reknoc

If it's anything like the previous games it won't be connected but will probably be full of references. Though the new content adds a story arc from the series.

Shun

I was looking for details but which part of the OP saga does this game covers? I want it for my Vita.

It covers the new world but there are bosses from Skypeia to Enes Lobby in the game.

Just know that you get to fight all the big guys in the past two hundred chapters and that everyone is in New World attire.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hot damn, additional content AND we're getting a Vita retail release after all? More interested in this now.

Wonder when we'll get more info about the first-print costume & quest DLC.

RK128

Wow, those screen shots in the OP looked really good and the game getting a Vita release is awesome (notably if it's native res; those cell-shaded graphics look wonderful). I'm just wondering though, what kind of game is this? I remember the Unlimited Adventure game (which looked quite good) on Wii being a action/adventure game, so is this like that one or the Dynasty Warriors-type game that was released in Japan?

Either way, its great more and more Japanese games are getting localized for both 3ds and Vita :).

RalchAC

This game is a mix between action / adventure and monster hunting, right? I think I could try to get some friends into the genre with this game (I know some people that love OP) and maybe even tempting them to get a Vita so we can have some ad-hoc fun.

Jaroof

I wasn't really excited for this game when I first heard about it on the 3DS.. after watching that new trailer, I'm probably gonna have to get it on my PS3!
It looks great.

Wonder if it'll be better than the Pirate Warriors games. I love those games.

Has anyone played the 3DS version? If so, how was it?

L Thammy

Does anyone think this is worth it for people who aren't interested in One Piece itself? How's the coop?

I like the look of this trailer and I liked Ganbarion's other games (Pandora's Tower, Jump). But from the videos I've seen, the Wii games looked pretty shallow.

Does anyone think this is worth it for people who aren't interested in One Piece itself? How's the coop?

I like the look of this trailer and I liked Ganbarion's other games (Pandora's Tower, Jump). But from the videos I've seen, the Wii games looked pretty shallow.

Well, personally I don't follow the One Piece series at all, but really enjoyed the two Unlimited Cruise games on Wii, which this is supposed to be a follow-up to. Exploration was faaaairly basic in those games, but there was just something really nice about the overall atmosphere.

L Thammy

So is the extra Dressrosa arc coming to the 3ds as well?

Can't see why it wouldn't. The trailers have shown a patch for the 3DS version in Japan.
The only difference between versions seems to be 2-person online multiplayer versus 4-person local multiplayer.

Well, personally I don't follow the One Piece series at all, but really enjoyed the two Unlimited Cruise games on Wii, which this is supposed to be a follow-up to. Exploration was faaaairly basic in those games, but there was just something really nice about the overall atmosphere.

Thanks. How about the combat? Is it button mashy, are the characters distinct?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Top Bottom