• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red coming to NA/Europe this year (3DS, Wii U, PS3, Vita)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Europe? Damn you, region lock!

3DS, Wii U, PS3, Vita
One-Piece-94-11.jpg

Importing.

Might still get the 3DS version regardless (if it's good, that is). Resident Evil Revelations was also still best on the 3DS, for which it was clearly made and suited, unlike the HD twins.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Famitsu gave Unlimited Adventure - 28/40, Unlimited Cruise 1 - 31/40, Unlimited Cruise 2 - 28/40 and Unlimited World Red - 32/40.

Both Pirate Warriors 1 & 2 got 36/40. So I think it's safe to say that it is one of the better One Piece games. Granted Famitsu gave Romance Dawn a 32/40......

Hmm... I'll keep a close eye on this one, I guess. One Piece games seem all over the place quality-wise, and the naming conventions makes it sort of difficult to remember which one is which.

Usobuko

Banned
I will get the console version since PS3 is getting a retail release, that will be it. Oh, and region locking into consideration.

weevles

Argh, torn between Vita or Wii U. This isn't the kind of title I personally want to double dip on. I guess I'm leaning towards Vita since both seem to be digital only for NA....

Tohsaka

Weird that the game only came out on 3DS in Japan, but the west is getting it on multiple platforms. I'll probably pick up the retail PS3 version.

Any chance of it being cross-save with PS3 and Vita? I wanna double dip.

I feel so dirty for abandoning the Nintendo versions to do so. I've played the hell out of all three Wii games.

Shun

Do you guys think that this will increase the chances of having the One Piece DLC for Monster Hunter 4(G) to be localized?

I want to have Chopper follow me and play with 3 swords and giant hands.

June 27th for the UK? NA probably won't be too far off then. Yay, I'll have a summer game to look forward to if NA version comes soon after the UK date!

Any word on this being dubbed in english?

Nothing has been announced so far. I really wish we had dual-audio for once! Unlimited Adventure was the last game dubbed and that was six years ago.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
do we have impressions for the game from JP gaffers?
I'd like to understand if it is more similar to Tecmo-Koei One Piece Musous game or Namco Bandai Wii games

Reknoc

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
do we have impressions for the game from JP gaffers?
I'd like to understand if it is more similar to Tecmo-Koei One Piece Musous game or Namco Bandai Wii games

Its pretty much the next "Unlimited" title - so a follow-up to the Wii/3DS titles. But it looks way more polished than its predecessors.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Its pretty much the next "Unlimited" title - so a follow-up to the Wii/3DS titles. But it looks way more polished than its predecessors.

mmmhh...my problem with those two games were related especially to the absurd backtracking they put in the game. the equivalent of fillers, if you know what I mean...any specific news about that?

Seda

Day One...Vita. Hope there is a physical release.
You're in luck.

V

PR said:
ONE PIECE UNLIMITED WORLD RED ALL-NEW CONTENT AND PHYSICAL PLAYSTATION®VITA VERSION PLANNED FOR THE AMERICAN RELEASE

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announces today exciting new content planned for the release of ONE PIECE® Unlimited World Red in the Americas. Luffy and his crew go wild in beautiful graphics and dynamic boss battles; in addition, a Coliseum Mode will be available for the first time ever! The grand Coliseum Mode will closely resemble the latest episodes of ONE PIECE and bring heart-pounding action and glory to the ring as pirates fight relentlessly to earn top rankings.

Witness the strongest pirate alliance as Straw Hat Luffy and Trafalgar Law, a member of the Royal Seven Warlords of the Sea, team up to challenge the diabolical Donquixote Doflamingo, who will be joining the battle for the first time. Law will also be featured as a new playable character in Coliseum Mode only.

With ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red slated to release on four platforms, NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. is also pleased to announce a physical retail version of the game on the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system to be sold at GameStop and EB Games Canada. ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red will land at retailers in the Americas in 2014 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Nintendo 3DS, with a digital-only release for the Wii U™ system.

Character Art said:

Screens said:

Boxart said:

Shinriji

You're in luck.

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. is also pleased to announce a physical retail version of the game on the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system to be sold at GameStop and EB Games Canada.

Nice. I rather have a limited physical release than no physical at all.

Top Bottom