• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Unlimited World Red coming to NA/Europe this year (3DS, Wii U, PS3, Vita)

wrowa

I thought this was a Monster Hunter-like game. Limiting a game like that to two players on consoles sounds like it's taking away a lot of the fun.

And here I thought for a second that the reason they ported it on consoles was for an online mode.

L~A

Pics :

G7YY2IA.jpg

56fL28H.jpg

kX5WSLT.jpg

QK3h26l.jpg

OZuzNJN.jpg

1UkiMJf.jpg

Rx3K4rD.jpg

qfBeuOI.jpg

2JDr53O.jpg

y8FOJF0.jpg

l0VsrhU.jpg

nMcPh6a.jpg

szOofzv.jpg

wZeLo1y.jpg

QvNo2Bk.jpg

C4WageA.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
When they first showed the game it was clear that their would be an HD console up Port.

Reknoc

unlimited cruise was beyond terrible so I can't say I have much hope for this but I'll probably buy it on the Vita anyway.

Namikaze

Probably either the HD versions or general upscaled screenshots of the game.

I see X and O on some of the screens, so probably the PS3 version. This upscale is really nice though, reminds me of Ex Troopers which looked great on my HDTV for starting as a 3DS game.

OH MY GOD!! A PS3 & Wii U port?!

Please, announce this soon, NB America!! Can we finally get a dub for these games too?!

Will buy PS3 version, alongside 3DS if they both come stateside. I may bite for Wii U depending on physical/digital, gamepad usage, but the PS3 ver is best for me since it'll likely have trophies. It'll look good alongside my 100% completion of both Pirate Warriors.

Seda

It was just announced for NA. The PR is mostly the same with this exception:

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red is scheduled for a physical and digital release for the PlayStation 3 and Nintendo 3DS, and a digital-only release for the PlayStation Vita and Wii U in 2014.

For reference, the EU PR says:

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red is scheduled for PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, Nintendo 3DS™ and Wii U™ in 2014

Magwik

Banned
ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red is scheduled for a physical and digital release for the PlayStation 3 and Nintendo 3DS, and a digital-only release for the PlayStation Vita and Wii U in 2014.
ttKy0ue.gif

Better support than Pirate Warriors at least. Was hoping to add it to my physical game collection now I may have to double dip with the 3DS and Vita versions.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well that's...weird. Vita & Wii U are digital, but retail for PS3DS in the US? Huh. Kind of turned off for Vita now & might just go for PS3 now, unless there's a good sale like Pirate Warriors 2 being $12.50 on PSN from its $50 price.

Well that's...weird. Vita & Wii U are digital, but retail for PS3DS in the US? Huh. Kind of turned off for Vita now & might just go for PS3 now, unless there's a good sale like Pirate Warriors 2 being $12.50 on PSN from its $50 price.
The Pirate Warriors sales must have been really good for Namco to consider a physical release for the PS3 version.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
It does have some MH elements, though it's not exactly a MH clone.

Yeah, I know, it was a semplicistic definition just to understand which game this is :D
thank you!
I'll take a look at it for the Wii U (if it will have also offtv)

Considering Dragonball: BOZ got a physical Vita release here in Asia, I am hoping this would too... crosses fingers

I really have to buy that 64gb MMC.Sigh

NORTH AMERICA?! PHYSICAL?! PS3 and 3DS?!

Aww yeah!

(Sorry I couldn't help myself. Such amazing news!)

Definitely buying PS3 and 3DS. I imagine they're physical due to the systems already having a succesful user base for One Piece (PS3 and 3DS). The Wii U and Vita are probably just testing grounds. Guess I'll skip Wii U, unless they offer a good sale.

RalchAC

ttKy0ue.gif

Better support than Pirate Warriors at least. Was hoping to add it to my physical game collection now I may have to double dip with the 3DS and Vita versions.

You could import the UK version if you want so hard a Vita retail version. It'd be cheaper than doubledipping.

Well, they went for a retail release with those versions that are on popular platforms. The weird thing is that it has a retail version at all when iirc Pirate Warriors 2 was DD only on NA.

Oh yeah, no surprise that it's digital only for the Vita. I'm actually surprised Namco is even releasing it at all on the Vita in the states.

Ehhhh.....I guess 3DS since my brother probably wants that.

Maybe the Vita version when it goes on sale or something.

EEEYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

I'd nab this on the Wii U if it had physical release (or, y'know, a good system), so I'll nab it on the PS3.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's coming?! Hell yeah.

*sees Wii U is digital only* Damn... PS3 version it is then.

Ryuukan

did not take long for the anti-digital crew to arrive

if you buy a 4gb vita memory card and put only this on it, its like a game you can touch forever

Top Bottom