• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Unlimited World Red Deluxe Edition announced for PS4 + Switch, Aug 24 JPN

KyleCross

Wish they'd HD re-release the Wii's Unlimited games. I for one suffer through the Warriors games because I'm a OP fan, but they're not ideal.

DKHF

Just wondering why there is not even a Steampage for that. Usually Bandai-Namco games have them a few days before release.
That is strange, but maybe since like I said this is low-effort they just haven't bothered to put one up until release. Not sure though.

Xandremi

I bought the Vita version and never finished it, than bought the PS3 version for like sub $10 and haven't touched it.... Am i going to pick this up too lol.. I love One Piece doe...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I was quite keen for this on the Wii U! It was only an eshop release in Australia... but the release date come and went... and the game never went up on the eshop :(

So I've just picked this up and am looking forward to it :) it looks fun.

So this is out on PS4 and Switch in Japan.

I had a look at the Japanese eShop yesterday and it seems to be a universal SKU: Supports several languages including English. This has been confirmed by someone I know who bought the game - the game's icon shows up as the English icon and the game loads in English.

It's also notably cheaper than the boxed European version of the game.

KtSlime

Switch or PS4?

Switch, my apartment is too small for a PS4 and TV, plus not having a TV keeps the NHK vultures away.

It looks pretty nice. The cell shading does a good job of making up for the lack of geometry, and the voice acting is as expected. I kind of wish that it had motion controls for the camera and aiming, I've gotten rather used to it in Switch games. Haven't tried two player, I'll have to take it into work next week and try it out.

f@luS

More than a member.
How is the game ? I think I might played it before. Is that the game where you have stage opening up little by little and a city hub where u can jump from roof to roof. Some fishing and mini games around ?

I forgot if I liked it in the first place ...

ryushe

Damn, amazon.jp keeps canceling my 5000 yen eShop points card purchase. I have no clue as to why but I'm feenin' for this game, so I hope it's sorted soon.

KtSlime

Damn, amazon.jp keeps canceling my 5000 yen eShop points card purchase. I have no clue as to why but I'm feenin' for this game, so I hope it's sorted soon.
If you are not in Japan it may be due to the discount campaign they have for the eshop summer sale.

How is this game in general? I'm familiar with One Piece, but outside of the 3DS SSB-like brawler, I haven't played any licensed titles.

evanmisha

How is this game in general? I'm familiar with One Piece, but outside of the 3DS SSB-like brawler, I haven't played any licensed titles.

It's bad tbh. Combat is janky and the adventure elements that made the Unlimited games fun are somehow much worse here.

Multiplayer is a nice addition but not enough to save it imo

BHK3

Banned

I thought the wii games were pretty janky and underwhelming, real 6/10 territory, this game is below even that without the wii controls.

ryushe

It's bad tbh. Combat is janky and the adventure elements that made the Unlimited games fun are somehow much worse here.

Multiplayer is a nice addition but not enough to save it imo

I thought the wii games were pretty janky and underwhelming, real 6/10 territory, this game is below even that without the wii controls.
oh, bummer and I literally just purchased it too haha

Bluforce

I bought this game for PS Vita and it was fun. Way better than Pirate Warriors series.

I will buy again for PC.

basik

the physical switch versions on play-asia:

JP: 44.99
euro (looks like aussie version on sale): 69.99

is the euro version that much everywhere to import to usa? does it have english voices?

Dartastic

So this is out on PS4 and Switch in Japan.

I had a look at the Japanese eShop yesterday and it seems to be a universal SKU: Supports several languages including English. This has been confirmed by someone I know who bought the game - the game's icon shows up as the English icon and the game loads in English.

It's also notably cheaper than the boxed European version of the game.
Oh holy shit. I'm in Japan right now. Maybe I'll pick this up.

Is it any good though? Impressions in here seem to be mixed.

BasilZero

Was any version at all released on pc?

I haven't played a single OP game but got pirate warriors 3 gold - hopefully I will like it 😂

OP is possibly my favorite anime right now

Top Bottom