• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One thing that I love about GTA 4 over GTA 5

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
is the focus on actual criminal organizations as part of the story instead of the government (FIB) etc.

Niko interacts with the Russian Mafia, Jamacian gangs, the Albanians, the Irish Mafia, the Italian Mafia, African American gangs, Hispanic gangs, Biker gangs etc. etc. and you start to see the different aspects of each group's criminal culture.

GTA V has gangs but there not really a focus on the story, there just kind of there while you interact with the FIB and government agencies the whole time

Last edited:

Housh

That's typically the next step in writing organized crime stories. First it's gangs and then it's government agencies to show the parallels between organized crime. GTA 4 gave you one character and many different gangs and GTA 5 was a couple of characters to play and one big gang.

You might enjoy Mafia 3 a lot.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
That's typically the next step in writing organized crime stories. First it's gangs and then it's government agencies to show the parallels between organized crime. GTA 4 gave you one character and many different gangs and GTA 5 was a couple of characters to play and one big gang.

You might enjoy Mafia 3 a lot.
i see, but i feel like i like the focus on criminal orginizations more

makes it seem more like a gritty crime drama vs. an action thriller

Last edited:

Housh

I agree that GTA 4 was more of a crime drama and GTA 5 was a buddy action movie. I'm very curious where they will take it for 6.

1morerobot

A little OT, but I just started up Lost and Damned on Xbox One and it really looks like shit to me. I don't remember GTA4 looking so... Muddled.

Top Bottom