• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hope GTA 6 is focused on the criminal underworld again...

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
and avoid conspiracy/government plot line like in GTA V

one of the cool things about GTA 4 is Niko interacting with all various types of criminal cultures of Liberty City.... Jamacian Yardies, the African-American Holland Hustlers, the Irish mob, Italian mob, Russian mob etc. etc.

i hope VI is more focused on that, with Lucia and Jason getting involved with the Vice City underworld

Zoe Pound, the cartels etc. etc.

StueyDuck

and avoid conspiracy/government plot line like in GTA V

one of the cool things about GTA 4 is Niko interacting with all various types of criminal cultures of Liberty City.... Jamacian Yardies, the African-American Holland Hustlers, the Irish mob, Italian mob, Russian mob etc. etc.

i hope VI is more focused on that, with Lucia and Jason getting involved with the Vice City underworld

Zoe Pound, the cartels etc. etc.
I would bet it isn't.

But I really wanna see mafia come back to gta.

kiphalfton

Versus being focused on one man's boring family?

dumb-and-dumber-uh.gif

Last edited:

EDMIX

I wish they told a story of corrupt cops. Make the main character someone like Denzel in training day.

Damn, that sounds like a good ass idea for a game lol

I've always wanted a RPG where its like a cop game, where you level up and as you go up ranks, you get more and more abilities, like calling out helicopters to search for bad guys or contacting the Marshals or SWAT etc

Yoda

I'd imagine it'll be closer in tone to 5 than 4. I'd prefer a more serious tone as well, but the games that sell the best generally haven't been those.

StueyDuck

It’s simply just a buddy comedy action drama. I loved it.

Tangerine Dream seals the deal. Tangerine Dream ALWAYS seals the deal

I enjoyed GTAV alot except for trevor, his whole character was too much, which I know was the point "he represents the chaotic player" and so on.

he just was never funny or likeable to me. I would rather it was just Michael and Franklyn, I think working that duo would have made a much better game story overall.

Michael bringing Franklyn up the ranks with heist after heist and then something crazy get the FIB involved or who knows etc. Trevor really dampens the story for me

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I enjoyed GTAV alot except for trevor, his whole character was too much, which I know was the point "he represents the chaotic player" and so on.

he just was never funny or likeable to me. I would rather it was just Michael and Franklyn, I think working that duo would have made a much better game story overall.

Michael bringing Franklyn up the ranks with heist after heist and then something crazy get the FIB involved or who knows etc. Trevor really dampens the story for me

I loved Trevor

I mean it sucks that he stomped on Johnnys face and wasted the rest of the Lost, but I find him to be such a refreshingly twisted, “smart” side of comedic relief to the experience. And Franklin and Lamar definitely should’ve been used more.

kiphalfton

I loved Trevor

I mean it sucks that he stomped on Johnnys face and wasted the rest of the Lost, but I find him to be such a refreshingly twisted, “smart” side of comedic relief to the experience. And Franklin and Lamar definitely should’ve been used more.

Loved Trevor...

He's not even an interesting take on a psychopath. He's just loud and annoying. Guess if you like shock factor, for the sake of shock factor, he will appeal to you. It was like "what will Trevor do next", and by the end of the game I was just so over him.

People act like Rockstar's story telling is on a whole other level, but it was 20+ hours of mediocre BS.

Ribi

Why is it that GTA doesn't get shit like other big games that take a billion years to come out?

- game costs too much
-they spend too much time on ball horse shrinking
- too long to develop
- way too ambitious

Conclusion: just like all games this game is a vaporware, Rockstar should just release it, it's filled with MTX probably, it's never coming out.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Loved Trevor...

He's not even an interesting take on a psychopath. He's just loud and annoying. Guess if you like shock factor, for the sake of shock factor, he will appeal to you. It was like "what will Trevor do next", and by the end of the game I was just so over him.

People act like Rockstar's story telling is on a whole other level, but it was 20+ hours of mediocre BS.

Nah it was just more about Rockstars take on crazy but “lovable” to me. I never saw him as some unhinged Bundy like psycho. He always had a reason for his doings. Violent narcissist? Absolutely. Tells it how it is and will have your back (as long as he loves you) Absolutely.

And let us not forget, he’s a proto hipster. That alone scores points with you, no?

Ideally you'll have lot's of options how deep you want to get involved in the criminal world from getting enough of a score to get out altogether or take it all to rule the city and all the options in between.

Strategize

Ideally you'll have lot's of options how deep you want to get involved in the criminal world from getting enough of a score to get out altogether or take it all to rule the city and all the options in between.
Brother, it's a R* game. It's going to be linear as fuck until they randomly throw in a multiple choice ending.

I think it depends on how they treat Florida. We've only seen it in an 80s setting so we have to see how they treat modern crimes with the game. I know they won't do it, but I would like to see either dialogue trees or some other aspects to crime that you can explore in the game besides shooting, stealing, and driving. I thought the heist planning was kind of cool in 5.
why not... a modern day Bonnie and Clyde in Vice City? whats wrong with that premise?
I'm sure you can kind of see what the current climate is like on this forum to see what your questions won't be answered earnestly by a lot of posters. Politics have poisoned the well to the point where people just randomly bring up other problems into threads that don't involve them.

Woggleman

The gangway between government agencies was the worst part of GTAV. The was at its best when it took the focus off of that like the jewelry store heist, Franklin and Lamar missions and the string of missions when we first meet Trevor.

I hope GTA6 has no government gang wars.

Hudo

I find it a bit weird that a company that prides itself on its writing has yet to come up with better written characters and stories than Vice City and San Andreas. And yes, I fully realize that Vice City took a lot of inspiration from Scarface. Ballad of Gay Tony was alright.
GTA 5 was a mess in multiple ways.

Edit: I've also heard that Vice City Stories is supposedly even better than Vice City but I've never played that, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom