• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - |OT| The truth about 8.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Why can't I get the Samurai to dual wield katanas?

from lv 10 you will get that pasive to allow it

Er, I have a katana I want to equip to the Samurai, but it doesn't show up in the status menu. The Samurai has the appropriate level to equip it.

While you already have the question answered, yeah there will be some katanas that are for the assassin and not the samurai. I remember making the similar mistake when I played and forgot to look at the class compatibility list. lol

Limited Edition Arrived today. It is bigger than I was expecting. I also wasn't expecting to be delivered quite this fast. I'll finally be able to join in the fun.

Edit: I'm glad they put in in the mailbox instead of just leaving the package out in the open on the front doorstep.

Limited Edition Arrived today. It is bigger than I was expecting. I also wasn't expecting to be delivered quite this fast. I'll finally be able to join in the fun.

Edit: I'm glad they put in in the mailbox instead of just leaving the package out in the open on the front doorstep.

It is such a nice LE that I hope NISA always publishes Experience games and they always offer LE packages.

Seda

0KmxvYR.png

yay~

Seda

Congrats Seda. So had a good time with the post game stuff?

It was alright. The Yuyu boss rush was probably the most interesting and nail-biting part.
Alice and Akito
totally wrecked me the first time I fought them, but after getting some the Athena/Ares II gear and a few levels I was able to take them down without too much issue. And then
Mu'la
went down surprisingly easy after that.

I was kinda hoping for some ridiculously convoluted post game dungeon, but there was only a few extra floors of more of the same stuff really. Not too bad though.

Trophies were quite reasonable except the 3000 battles one and all plug ins one. For the record, getting to 3000 battles took about 5 hours of killing wimps in the sewers.

CrovaxPSO

It was alright. The Yuyu boss rush was probably the most interesting and nail-biting part.
Alice and Akito
totally wrecked me the first time I fought them, but after getting some the Athena/Ares II gear and a few levels I was able to take them down without too much issue. And then
Mu'la

I was kinda hoping for some ridiculously convoluted post game dungeon, but there was only a few extra floors of more of the same stuff really. Not too bad though.

Trophies were quite reasonable except the 3000 battles one and all plug ins one. For the record, getting to 3000 battles took about 5 hours of killing wimps in the sewers.

That 3000 battles trophy is pretty out of place compared to the others. They didn't repeat it with Babel thankfully, there is one for what I think is "eliminating various types of variants" (not exactly sure if that means a certain number total or every actual type of variant). It doesn't give a specific number but I got it near the end of the post-game while trying to get the last few rare weapons.

Parakeetman

Alice and Akito
Mu'la

haha very cool. Im not there yet in Babel the next game, then there is the previous released one which was Cross Blood, both of those have pretty good endgame contents from what Dorarnae and Crovax say.

yeah the plugin stuff can be a bit hair pulling as gotta mess with gamble codes for a while lol

CrovaxPSO

haha very cool. Im not there yet in Babel the next game, then there is the previous released one which was Cross Blood, both of those have pretty good endgame contents from what Dorarnae and Crovax say.

yeah the plugin stuff can be a bit hair pulling as gotta mess with gamble codes for a while lol

To me, the post-game in Abyss did seem kind of short and wasn't too complicated. It's more involved in Babel but I kind of "ruined" the difficulty for myself by grinding for the rare weapons before doing the final boss rush, so I was pretty significantly overleveled and had some insane equipment.

Deep into Cross Blood's post-game now and it's sort of a mixed bag. The first quest was fairly easy, and the first part of the second quest was even easier, but then the difficulty went way up pretty suddenly. A good part of the reason for that is pretty badly outdated equipment on most of my party (as well as playing in Infinity Mode).

JPS Kai

Well then. I hit a brick wall during the boss fight at
C24 with both Soul Eater and Soul Rebirth
. I think I'm gonna have to put this one down and hold off until after E3 when I have the time for more grinding.

dkoy

Ouch so I screwed up by restoring my vita before syncing trophies. I lost the trophy for
defeating X-Wizar and his clone in the subway
and I'm waaay past that point in the game now. Would the game notice that I'm past that point and give me the trophy? I only noticed because I got the Unity skill usage trophy again.

Parakeetman

Ouch so I screwed up by restoring my vita before syncing trophies. I lost the trophy for
defeating X-Wizar and his clone in the subway
and I'm waaay past that point in the game now. Would the game notice that I'm past that point and give me the trophy? I only noticed because I got the Unity skill usage trophy again.

am not sure actually i think a similar thing happened to me with a different thing but i didnt get it again when i played the game again.

dkoy

am not sure actually i think a similar thing happened to me with a different thing but i didnt get it again when i played the game again.

So you didn't get the achievement after triggering the flag a second time through? Does that mean I'll forever never be able to get the achievement?!

Parakeetman

So you didn't get the achievement after triggering the flag a second time through? Does that mean I'll forever never be able to get the achievement?!

not too sure since its a different game but like you had progressed past the part in the story

Ephidel

I'm grinding a little too, but mainly because I'm using the level cap as an excuse to level the classes I've not been using to trial them while I try and fill out my maps.

I've turned my Samurai/Academic into babysitters for some overly fragile Monk/Assassin/Wizards, but it's taking slightly longer than I thought because I hadn't realised that the xp gained from battle would plummet when I brought low levels with me. Not sure if that's based on level or alignment or unity or some other combination of factors?

I'm not really a fan of the Wizard so far but I'm already sick of spending money on Enfloat-ation devices so I at least need one I can bring with me if need be.
I am thinking of sticking with the Monk in place of my warrior though.

Parakeetman

I'm grinding a little too, but mainly because I'm using the level cap as an excuse to level the classes I've not been using to trial them while I try and fill out my maps.

I've turned my Samurai/Academic into babysitters for some overly fragile Monk/Assassin/Wizards, but it's taking slightly longer than I thought because I hadn't realised that the xp gained from battle would plummet when I brought low levels with me. Not sure if that's based on level or alignment or unity or some other combination of factors?

I'm not really a fan of the Wizard so far but I'm already sick of spending money on Enfloat-ation devices so I at least need one I can bring with me if need be.
I am thinking of sticking with the Monk in place of my warrior though.

XP is divided among characters. Do not think alignment or unity has anything to do with it.

A monk can be pretty good once you get some decent equipment for it. I read that it can even out damage warriors endgame with the right setup.

Just started, my job consumed me all week and didn't have much time to play, I'm enjoying it way more than Demon Gaze.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the game. Am sure you will be amusing yourself with the upgrade / crafting system and all the sorts of junk you can find in the dungeons lol

SephLuis

Late, but here is my review:
http://www.ps3brasil.com/analise/563/

It's in Brazilian Portuguese, but I'll leave a few notes here in english:

-Can be difficult and obtuse for beginners, but the tutorial does a good job at explaining the basics.
-It's a hard game so you better prepare your team and plan your strategies.
-Combat is straightforward, but deep enough to develop strategies.
-Dungeons are awesome and you can spend hours on them and never get tired. But you can also get lost because of a hidden door, so I recommend a guide for those moments

How does that defense rating value at the top of the screen work? My party has been varying from -11 to 0 on that rating and i'm not sure what to make of it.

CrovaxPSO

How does that defense rating value at the top of the screen work? My party has been varying from -11 to 0 on that rating and i'm not sure what to make of it.

If you mean where it says Defense and Miss Chance, that's each character's current values for their "chance to be hit" and "chance to miss" which can be confusing if you're not familiar with the old THAC0 system. It's weird that they use Defense there but Evasion in the stat menus. You want those two numbers to be as low as possible, as far into the negatives as possible. The best they can get to is -99 for each.

If you mean where it says Defense and Miss Chance, that's each character's current values for their "chance to be hit" and "chance to miss" which can be confusing if you're not familiar with the old THAC0 system. It's weird that they use Defense there but Evasion in the stat menus. You want those two numbers to be as low as possible, as far into the negatives as possible. The best they can get to is -99 for each.

Oh ok, I had a feeling it was referring to evasion but the use of the word defense was confusing me. Thought it was some sort of weird modifier on defense values. Thanks.

Saphirax

I probably missed something obvious but what gear do I need in order to be able to affix III plugins? I've tried everything, but I'm only able to affix I and II

omlet

Oh, hey, I didn't even see this OT go up. Cool.

Got my LE in early this week, very nice! Got started on the game a couple days ago... after spending 45 minutes being engrossed in just making my team, I'm now on the first 2 star mission.

So far I like this game a lot better than Demon Gaze, but as an big EO fan, the map here still really annoys me.

On that note, I'm stuck already. I'm on F25 of Morimoto and there's a lock door at the center. I already hit a switch earlier that activated a siren and unlocked something, but apparently it wasn't this door. I can't find any more switches and I have otherwise explored all 3 floors (no unmapped tiles except this center room which is 3 tiles). How do I get this door unlocked? Edit: Found answer on gamefaq board. Had to trigger other events before door will open even if you unlock it :v

RangerBAD

Wait, is -Evasion good on armor (within the status menu)?

CazTGG

is there any cost to changing class? im about to change a newly create warrior to knght.

No cost, though you start back at level 1. In addition, if you did level up, let's say to 3, you won't be able to increase your stats until you hit level 4 of your new Blood Code. HP will go up as per usual.

CrovaxPSO

Wait, is -Evasion good on armor (within the status menu)?

Yes. An easy way to remember it is that they're actually "chance to be hit by enemy attacks" and "chance to miss with your attack." If you think of it that way, the negative numbers make sense because you're reducing the enemy's hit chance and reducing your own miss chances. Just remember that the pie in the sky goal (which is attainable late-game with buffs) is to have -99 in each of those stats. The stat you want to be positive is physical defense or whatever they worded it as in the English release.

people

Regarding the Plug-in/Affix trophy, are the 'Source Data' required? Otherwise I only lack the PL Dark III plug-in..

Parakeetman

is there any cost to changing class? im about to change a newly create warrior to knght.

no there is no cost. this game unless you plan on maxing out a blood code there is no real point to changing classes either over just making new characters

Seda

Regarding the Plug-in/Affix trophy, are the 'Source Data' required? Otherwise I only lack the PL Dark III plug-in..

Source Data are required

As for the rest, you dont need to worry about the I, II, and III. Just affixing the I's are enough.

You need the Speed Source, Mental Source, etc (names might be different).

Power Source, Wisdom Source, Mind Source, Luck Source, Speed Source, Vitality Source

Oh, hey, I didn't even see this OT go up. Cool.

Got my LE in early this week, very nice! Got started on the game a couple days ago... after spending 45 minutes being engrossed in just making my team, I'm now on the first 2 star mission.

So far I like this game a lot better than Demon Gaze, but as an big EO fan, the map here still really annoys me.

On that note, I'm stuck already. I'm on F25 of Morimoto and there's a lock door at the center. I already hit a switch earlier that activated a siren and unlocked something, but apparently it wasn't this door. I can't find any more switches and I have otherwise explored all 3 floors (no unmapped tiles except this center room which is 3 tiles). How do I get this door unlocked? Edit: Found answer on gamefaq board. Had to trigger other events before door will open even if you unlock it :v

I got stuck there too. Gamefaqs saved me as well.

people

Source Data are required

As for the rest, you dont need to worry about the I, II, and III. Just affixing the I's are enough.

Power Source, Wisdom Source, Mind Source, Luck Source, Speed Source, Vitality Source

Okay, thanks for that. Redirecting attention to Source.

Edit: Took about 90 minutes, including ~10 realizing the 'Fit Pass <TYPE>' are needed too, lol. Now the rest of those 3000 battles..

autoduelist

no there is no cost. this game unless you plan on maxing out a blood code there is no real point to changing classes either over just making new characters

glad to know there is no cost. its a brand new character i accidentally made warrior.... and rolled a 9. much better to switch than make a new one.

alsoitsounds like,based on anotther post that you keep your stats if you change class (but wont get any bonuses tillcyou catch up to your previous level) so it sounds like switching has sone benefits... stronger level 1 char, even if long term it evens out

edit...

wha does oink or blue class mean in listing? thought it might bbe gender but my male samurai is pink. this is on browse screen where you can enlist or chanfe blood.... i just clicked list, then browse... class is pink or blue
typing on vita

CrovaxPSO

glad to know there is no cost. its a brand new character i accidentally made warrior.... and rolled a 9. much better to switch than make a new one.

alsoitsounds like,based on anotther post that you keep your stats if you change class (but wont get any bonuses tillcyou catch up to your previous level) so it sounds like switching has sone benefits... stronger level 1 char, even if long term it evens out

edit...

wha does oink or blue class mean in listing? thought it might bbe gender but my male samurai is pink. this is on browse screen where you can enlist or chanfe blood.... i just clicked list, then browse... class is pink or blue
typing on vita

It's the gender of the blood code you chose.

Jolkien

So I'm stuck early game spoiler
after the G7 summit. I've killed the ogre but besides that I have no clue where to go

Top Bottom