• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion: Cyberpunk 2077 is one of the most DISAPPOINTING games ever!

The game right now is an 8/10 and could move up to 9 if they make good on their promise to fix it. Running it from an SSD makes all the difference in my book even on my One X.
I would say its a decent 7 right now for me. Main and side quests are really well done.
Could easily be a 10 because I can see the potential in this world setting they have created.
Anyone still running games from the stock HDD needs to see a shrink.

Woggleman

I try to fight temptation to just buy a Series X of of E Bay because from what I hear it is the best console version by far and I was planning on buying one anyway but 800 bucks is still way too much and that is the cheapest you get one when you factor in shipping costs.

Madflavor

It's a good game, and has plenty of potential to become something great through proper dev support and mods.

That said, yeah it's disappointing. It's very disappointing. They fucked up bad here, and I'm more sad than angry. The world needs more awesome game devs, not more cannon fodder for internet outrage.

It looks bad when a 2013 game has more advanced NPC AI than Cyberpunk.
I mean you shoot your weapon out in the open world in Cyberpunk and the NPC's just cower down and cover their heads Lol.
Even GTA3 (from 2001) NPC's run from danger when you start firing your weapon in their vicinity. Its embarrassing CDPR couldn't even get this most basic thing right.

The game is fun. I'm still playing it (with broken mod system and all) but there are glaring issues with the most basic open world functions of this game.
I've linked this before but here's my footage proving you wrong, tell me what the NPCs are doing when I fire at them? Some definitely do just cower but like these youtubers you make it sound like it's the norm. That said why should it decide what is or isn't my GOTG?

Handbrake is magical

Can't tell if you're joking but I do like the driving ai

Yeah, I'm joking.

After beating the game and spending close to 100 hours playing it I have to agree that it’s one of the most disappointing games of recent memory. The trailers leading up to the game’s release were downright misleading and fraudulent. Yea I enjoyed the story, characters, setting, and some of the side missions but you can see a lot was cut from the game. The AI for the game is embarrassing and is probably the worst I’ve seen from a AAA game in years. There’s almost no level of interactivity with the NPCs thanks to the ridiculously bad AI. The other gameplay elements like hacking and netrunning don’t really do anything to affect the world except to allow you to steal money from machines and attack enemies, and even those elements are limited compared to what was promised. There’s no customization with vehicles, and even the character customization that was hyped to the moon is pretty basic (“Woo I can add a penis to my female character!”).

The game isn’t a terrible game, far from it but even as a CDPR fan I have to admit it’s a letdown. I’m hoping patches and expansions build the game up to where it can have its No Man’s Sky moment because it’s very obvious that the game was unfinished and rushed. I can definitely see why investors and gamers want to sue CDPR. It’s crazy how CDPR went from being the gods that made TW3 to this, pretty sad when you step back and notice how far they’ve fallen from grace.

Last edited:
I've linked this before but here's my footage proving you wrong, tell me what the NPCs are doing when I fire at them? Some definitely do just cower but like these youtubers you make it sound like it's the norm. That said why should it decide what is or isn't my GOTG?

Yeah, I'm joking.

Fair enough. There is inconsistency in the enemy AI. Mentioned before the amount of times I could walk right up to an enemy NPC and just blow its head off with me openly triggering combat. The NPC AI broken or not working as intended.

The overall consensus is that the developers dropped a stinker here and stinkers don't get GOTG labels.
You have to get a lot right to get close to GOTG status. This game is so far from it even CDPR assisted in getting user refunds. So you have a dev that is willing to give you your money back. That says a lot really.

But yeah you can call this game your GOTG if you want.

Last edited:

Yamisan

Extremely short game too unless you just walk around doing nothing, got 3 endings in under 25 hours total.

harmny

Banned
Extremely short game too unless you just walk around doing nothing, got 3 endings in under 25 hours total.

sure but not walking around. you need to do the side quests if you want the game to be longer. and we are talking about the best side quests in the business. still those will probably add 25-30 hours more. you can probably do everything in 50-60 hours

sure but not walking around. you need to do the side quests if you want the game to be longer. and we are talking about the best side quests in the business. still those will probably add 25-30 hours more. you can probably do everything in 50-60 hours
Disagree.

I'm at 59 hours and I am not even halfway through Act 2 and touched a few side missions. Been mostly doing the criminal activities and other stuff like the question marks.

There is LOTS to keep one busy on the map and that's an awesome thing. My character is also almost maxxed out and going back to the main quest will probably be too easy with this netrunner god build I have.

Last edited:

Yamisan

Did all the rogue\judy\panam side quests. The rest are pointless filler that has no effect on the game and are rather boring quests like finding cars.

harmny

Banned
He asked if PC version eliminates all the issues mentioned in the video.

I know he didn't ask you specifically but you also just throw out 10/10 on PC without adding anything on why its 10/10.

probably not. i won't watch a clickbait video titled cdpr are all liars though. and i probably already know every single thing the guy is talking about in the video and i still think the game is a 10/10 on pc.

Disagree.

I'm at 59 hours and I am not even halfway through Act 2 and touched a few side missions.

There is LOTS to keep one busy on the map. My character is also almost maxxed out and going back to the main quest will probably be too easy with this netrunner god build I have.

then you should be disagreeing with the guy saying that the game is extremely short unless you walk around doing nothing. not with me.

probably not. i won't watch a clickbait video titled cdpr are all liars though. and i probably already know every single thing the guy is talking about in the video and i still think the game is a 10/10 on pc.

then you should be disagreeing with the guy saying that the game is extremely short unless you walk around doing nothing. not with me.
If you watched the video, you will see he makes very fair points and has proof to back up his claims. If he made claims without showing any receipts then yeah I would dismiss it as well.

Also I disagree in saying that the game is much longer than 50 hours and I mean in the sense that you complete almost everything on the map.
I mean the main story alone is approximately 20 - 30 hours and there is a metric shit ton of side quests an activities to clear. So yeah, I dunno, completing everything in 50 hours would be some sort of miracle.

If you watched the video, you will see he makes very fair points and has proof to back up his claims. If he made claims without showing any receipts then yeah I would dismiss it as well.

Also I disagree in saying that the game is much longer than 50 hours and I mean in the sense that you complete almost everything on the map.
I mean the main story alone is approximately 20 - 30 hours and there is a metric shit ton of side quests an activities to clear. So yeah, I dunno, completing everything in 50 hours would be some sort of miracle.
the truth hurts, that is why he don't want to watch
I did a ton of sidequests, 6 endings in 35 hours, but length don't matter, main mission is short and boring, sidequest a few of them is good, most is mediocre.

harmny

Banned
the truth hurts, that is why he don't want to watch
I did a ton of sidequests, 6 endings in 35 hours, but length don't matter, main mission is short and boring, sidequest a few of them is good, most is mediocre.

nope that is not it. the truth doesn't hurt at all for me. as i said i'm sure i know everything he says in that video. waste of time for me

Last edited:
Fair enough. There is inconsistency in the enemy AI. Mentioned before the amount of times I could walk right up to an enemy NPC and just blow its head off with me openly triggering combat. The NPC AI broken or not working as intended.

The overall consensus is that the developers dropped a stinker here and stinkers don't get GOTG labels.
You have to get a lot right to get close to GOTG status. This game is so far from it even CDPR assisted in getting user refunds. So you have a dev that is willing to give you your money back. That says a lot really.

But yeah you can call this game your GOTG if you want.

Obviously I can call this game my GOTG if I want (it's between this and Bloodborne). I didn't realize you were talking "official" GOTG status, as if such a thing exists. When it comes to let's say... the zeitgeist... on this game, it will definitely depend on how much they do to fix the problems. I have lots of problems myself and would probably be more critical except the shitting on it some people are doing feels so exaggerated I feel like I need to counter it, because I'm really really loving the game, faults or no.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I'm watching some clips and reviews of Metro Exodus and the game looks great and has a somewhat open world.

Weird how a game like that gets ignored over CP2077.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
it is a 10/10 on pc.
tenor.gif

I played it day one ps5 and it was ok. Still, I’m going wait for the proper next gen patch. This game was never going to live up to the hype, I never though it would implode so spectacularly though.

waquzy

But i keep hearing it's a 10/10 game on pc. Does pc version eliminate all the misery mentioned in this video? Because it doesn't look like something that can be fixed with better performance or ray-tracing.
Did you even watch the video? He was playing it on PC! So there is your answer

I'm watching some clips and reviews of Metro Exodus and the game looks great and has a somewhat open world.

Weird how a game like that gets ignored over CP2077.

There's a Metro thread right now asking the forum their consensus, I think Exodus is the best entry but lots of people in that thread seem to hate it, many specifically because of its open world... ::shrugs::

Venom Snake

Did you even watch the video? He was playing it on PC! So there is your answer

Yes, i watched it. However, i did not pay attention to what version it was, i was blinded by the scale of the game's shortcomings.

From this perspective, it's one of the most falsely advertised games i've ever seen. It clearly looks like it came out at least a year too soon.
And yet people keep trying to convince others that it's a matter of the wrong gaming platform. What the fuck does that change?

After watching this clip, i am even more depressed than before. I didn't return this game to give it a second chance when appropriate patches become available. But it doesn't look like something that can be fixed in a month or two, if at all.
Damn, my hype has let me down completely. :lollipop_pensive:

Last edited:
Yes, i watched it. However, i did not pay attention to what version it was, i was blinded by the scale of the game's shortcomings.

From this perspective, it's one of the most falsely advertised games i've ever seen. It clearly looks like it came out at least a year too soon.
And yet people keep trying to convince others that it's a matter of the wrong gaming platform. What the fuck does that change?

After watching this clip, I am even more depressed than before. I didn't return this game to give it a second chance when appropriate patches become available. But it doesn't look like something that can be fixed in a month or two, if at all.
Damn, my hype has let me down completely. :lollipop_pensive:

He actually inserts a lot of console footage in the video. He couldn't just be upset by his personal experience, you gotta fill a youtube video essay so may as well take other people's poor experiences and pretend they were part of yours, too.

aries_71

I just played the quest “There is a Light that Never Goes Out”. I tried it three different times to see if bugs were avoidable reloading the game. The AI is totally incapable of driving, they get stuck in a loop backing up and forward in a 5 meter space. Twice on the same mission: once when the drive you to the sisters house and another when you go to the diners. Verified three times from different saves.

Also if you drive to the mission and park your car near the bench when you’re have to wait for the mission to start, the game will spawn another car on top of yours and all kind of glitches will happen, including a general explosion. This is 100% reproducible.

I fail to understand how anybody can defend the game right now. Stuff like this is really souring the experience for me. I just want to be done with the story. and shelve it.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
There's a Metro thread right now asking the forum their consensus, I think Exodus is the best entry but lots of people in that thread seem to hate it, many specifically because of its open world... ::shrugs::
Yeah I'm the one who created that thread.

Top Bottom