• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion: Redfall might be the next one to get delayed

delay it right into the trashcan, has flop written all over it.
It can’t flop if it’s free

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

VN1X

Banned
unknown.png

Why? The game is supposed to come out this summer, thats in about 6-8 months. So far we've had no actual gameplay, no new trailers, no nothing. Besides the E3 2021 announcement cgi trailer.

The only release date we have is Summer 2022.

Its also based on UE5 which looks to have still missing features and bugs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Starfield releases before Redfall.
Aren't you the one that keeps shilling for Starfield... A game we still know nothing about and have seen about the same amount of gameplay which we have for Redfall?

Riky

$MSFT
"Because of its multiplayer structure, Redfall may actually be able to stand up to Starfield, especially as a day one Xbox Game Pass title. Subscription services like Game Pass are a huge boon for multiplayer games, since they give tons of players instant access to the game. Redfall's servers are bound to be filled with day one players with the help of Xbox Game Pass"

Gamepass will give the game a huge head start, looking forward to it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I mean, leaked screens say the game was in Beta back in September.

gm-96c64298-50a7-4f55-acc3-9cf3151678f4-redfall.jpg

ZUgLr6s.jpeg

Yeah we've all seen the leaks.

But damn man it's been what .. 8, 10 months since the game being in Beta and absolutely *NO* official news on it on any front.

I have almost 0% confidence this is coming out any time in summer this year.

Utherellus

Yeah we've all seen the leaks.

But damn man it's been what .. 8, 10 months since the game being in Beta and absolutely *NO* official news on it on any front.

I have almost 0% confidence this is coming out any time in summer this year.

Oh not in summer for sure. I think Microsoft will just stack September/October/November/December with Motorsport8, Redfall and Starfield.

Jaybe

It seems unlikely to drop close to Deathloop in September, so probably pushed out early to mid summer or held back for 2023.

Kacho

I seem to remember everyone calling it another generic GAAS team-shooter. I might be wrong.

I don't necessarily think so, but I do remember a lot of people were meh on it.
I mean it looks like shit in terms of the character archetypes, enemy designs and the fact that it’s another co-op shooter, something we’ve been flooded with recently. Hard to get excited and the lack of buzz says it all.

Ozriel

M$FT
I seem to remember everyone calling it another generic GAAS team-shooter. I might be wrong.

I don't necessarily think so, but I do remember a lot of people were meh on it.

You think Arkane went back and reworked the game because console warriors on a videogame forum were up in arms? Or the clowns claiming that MS forced them into making a coop shooter, even though it's well known the game was in the works years before acquisition?

Lol @ 'everyone'

Ozriel

M$FT
I mean it looks like shit in terms of the character archetypes, enemy designs and the fact that it’s another co-op shooter, something we’ve been flooded with recently. Hard to get excited and the lack of buzz says it all.

New IP with no gameplay reveal and you expect tons of hype?

Same way you've looked at a CGI reveal trailer and concluded the game 'looks like shit'

It can’t flop if it’s free

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity
$180 year is free now.

Which means, PS+ Premium at $120 a year is also free.

And Switch Online+ is super free at $50 a year.

All those games for the price of $350 a year, aka FREE! Or for an entire 7 year generation, $2,450 (FREE).

And all that's left is to buy the best games not on those services (in other words, most of them).

FREE!!!

Last edited:

adamsapple

why is this giving me back for blood vibes

Because its a co-op multiplayer with cheeky humor where you go out and kill blood thirsty monsters at night?

That may be, but the leaks from the Beta say this is more like a Borderlands style game, a story based game that can be played solo or co-op.

Less like Left 4 Dead or Back 4 Blood.

Beechos

One of the few developers that should be put on a pedestal. All i hear on these forums is from software this, kojima that. These guys deserve your attention.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Changed genre? what are you talking about now?

You said you suspect Arkane is reworking Redfall because the was a ‘lackluster reception’ to its being a Coop GAAS shooter.

Which means you’re saying they’re NOT going to be making a coop shooter anymore.

Which makes no sense. Weird how your own logic looks silly when played back to you, eh?

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
You said you suspect Arkane is reworking Redfall because the was a ‘lackluster reception’ to its being a Coop GAAS shooter.

Which means you’re saying they’re NOT going to be making a coop shooter anymore.

Which makes no sense. Weird how your own logic looks silly when played back to you, eh?
I have no idea where you are coming from with this, it does not mean they have to remake the entire game, it means they might feel the need to adjust some things, to make sure it looks and feels and plays better so that when they show it closer to launch, it generates some hype.

adamsapple

It's this year's Bleeding Edge
No it's more like a Borderlands going by the beta leakers, that's the one thing that's given me any interest in this .

If this was another Back 4 Blood, I'd have very little.

Lognor

Banned
No it's more like a Borderlands going by the beta leakers, that's the one thing that's given me any interest in this .

If this was another Back 4 Blood, I'd have very little.
Is it? I was thinking it was like Back 4 Blood or Left 4 Dead. Maybe due to the four playable characters.

If it is like Borderlands I might have to start paying closer attention to it. And I meant in terms of my comparison, that it was going to come and go like Bleeding Edge without any fanfare. But that was assuming it was a L4D knock off. A Borderlands knockoff is a bit more appealing...

Ozriel

M$FT
I have no idea where you are coming from with this, it does not mean they have to remake the entire game, it means they might feel the need to adjust some things, to make sure it looks and feels and plays better so that when they show it closer to launch, it generates some hype.

Man, don’t be ridiculous. They showed a CGI reveal. Not real gameplay. Your comment was about an imagine ‘lackluster reaction’ to the genre. Why are you now saying it could ‘look and play better’ when you haven’t even seen how it looks and plays?

Bragr

Banned
Man, don’t be ridiculous. They showed a CGI reveal. Not real gameplay. Your comment was about an imagine ‘lackluster reaction’ to the genre. Why are you now saying it could ‘look and play better’ when you haven’t even seen how it looks and plays?
A trailer is a representation of the look and feel of the game, and it did show off plenty of features. If people don't like it, you have to figure out why and fix it.

Top Bottom