• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM UK hinting at something really, really big.. [Up: Earth shattering game revealed]

You could argue last guardian is part of the same series. Isn't it connected to the other games in some way, in the same way SOTC was a prequel to ico.

Series certainly wouldn't be the first word to come to mind if I was looking to describe TLG coming to PS4 in a short hype blurb.

"Finally confirmed for PS4" makes it sound like it's sonething you'd expect to see on the system eventually.

If it's one of their biggest covers ever it has to be a really big franchise.
GTAV makes sense.

Symphonia

Banned
Nah, they're saying that this is one of the biggest covers they've ever had. They wouldn't refer to a port as that. As B.O.O.M said, it sounds like a series that's never been on PS hardware before. But there really aren't many series that are that significant that haven't been on a PS console.
Gears of War? Halo?

I'd say they're pretty significantly massive series' and I can easily see them on PS4.

Gears of War? Halo?

I'd say they're pretty significantly massive series' and I can easily see them on PS4.

I would have thought Gears of War if MS hadn't just bought it.

Its probably usual magazine overhype, Mass Effect seems like a possibility from the hints but other than that I have no idea

Synth

Wipeout is dead. Psygnosis is dead.

Awww... don't be like that! :(

Psygnosis may be dead, but key people that worked there are still alive! (I assume... lol)

Plus after Killer Instinct, I'm not ready to rule out other people taking over IP's as long as they understand what made it special in the first place. I felt that Wipeout never hit the heights of 2097 and Wip3out again anyhow, so it's possible a new studio could make a new one more to my liking.

BTW: first post, hi GAF!

Hi!

Eusis

The wording can allude to multiple things. I think "space" and "massive significance" can be intentional hints at ME4. Other words can suggest other conclusions. In fact, one of the games cpp hypothesized is a new IP that someone might suggest couldn't be it because it is not a "series" as the preview mentions. And your guess at what EA might do has nothing to do with what the language itself can be read to imply.
It might admittedly also be that OPM is later than an official reveal, and that you should expect these magazines to make something mundane sound like a bigger deal than it really is.

FiggyCal

Banned
::banned:: has been piping up with a lot of teasers on Twitter lately. Knew about the Order preview event a couple of days before it happened.

I was unaware of a lot of these leaks. I do follow Thuway though (he isn't banned anymore). My mistake.

KumaJG

What I hope:
Twisted Metal
Wipeout reboot
Crash
Syphon Filter
Shenmue 3
Colony Wars
Onimusha(I believe)
Resistance
Siren

Most likely GT7 or GoW though

meanspartan

Red Dead Redemption 2.

COme to think of it, what has Rockstar San Diego been up to since Red Dead Redemption? Their wikipedia page just cites La Noire, GTA 5, May Payne 3, etc (Rockstar seems to do an "all hands on deck" for the final phases of their games' launch where all their studios help polish the nearly-done game).

And about a year and a half ago, we got this tidbit: http://www.gamesradar.com/rockstar-san-diego-hiring-new-open-world-game/

Hmmmmm.......

ajim

segabits-shenmue.jpg
YES SHENMUE 3 AND SHENMUE HD COLLECTION!!!!

Top Bottom