• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Origin $20 off coupon [Expired - EA states they're honoring games]

Takao

Banned
Hm, I managed to get Crysis Warhead for free but couldn't use the code on other games. I was using the web store though, will check the client.

Codeblue

That appears to be a wrap, at least for multiple uses on the same account.

I made it out with seven games and that looks like a tame amount compared to some of you.

Thanks EA!

smurfx

get some go again
i don't see how they could ban accounts. its not like you did anything illegal. you used a code they provided. even if they did i only have battlefield 3 which i don't play and only cost me 10 bucks.

KissVibes

Banned
Alright guys and gals, looks like this one is over. Time to pray to our lord, John "Aces" Riccitiello that he doesn't take away our haul.

Derrick01

Banned
Hm code hasn't worked for me in a bit. Any way to get it working again?

Having multiple accounts is the easiest way. I'm sure EA won't even care either because they can inflate their subscriber numbers and say they have 80 million accounts and that they're better than Steam.

Doesn't seem to work on Hell Yea! rabbit game, I am having trouble trying to find a game on origin that I want that I don't own, maybe I wont take advantage of them after all

Goon Boon

Banned
It might be once for account, but even if it is just use the coupon, then login for the checkout. So far up to two different transactions.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Couldn't get The Saboteur to go through no matter what. Managed to snag Bulletstorm and Medal of Honor though, so whatevs.

Good looking out, Wario.

i don't see how they could ban accounts. its not like you did anything illegal. you used a code they provided. even if they did i only have battlefield 3 which i don't play and only cost me 10 bucks.

I dont think they'll ban accounts. I could see them deleting the games from your account, but I dont know how that would work on their side with activation keys and what not.

Maybe Im just optimistic, but I think that they just let this one go. Big, BIG fuck up... but as you said, no ones done anything wrong. May as welll earn some unplanned, costly good will.

HardRojo

I'm from Peru and every time I access the store the Spanish one appears, do they really want me to use Euros in Latin America? Is there a way to access the US store or is it IP restricted like Steam?

Fucking EA.

Can't activate it here in Chile.

Are you being redirected to the Spanish store too?

Crysis®
Mirror's Edge™
The Saboteur™
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition
Dead Space™ 2
Dragon Age™: Origins
Unlock Codes for Dragon Age™: Origins (PC Downloadable) - Shale PDLC and Blood Dragon Armor

Subtotal $0.00
Tax $0.00
Shipping and Handling $0.00

Total $0.00

I stopped adding more games after this since the site was loading so infuriatingly slow.

Koroviev

I dont think they'll ban accounts. I could see them deleting the games from your account, but I dont know how that would work on their side with activation keys and what not.

Maybe Im just optimistic, but I think that they just let this one go. Big, BIG fuck up... but as you said, no ones done anything wrong. May as welll earn some unplanned, costly good will.

Do people actually buy games from Origin other than Mass Effect 3 and Battlefield 3? I was under the impression that everyone just abused the free game offers whenever they cropped up.

Top Bottom