• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original Bayonetta WILL BE available digitally on the eShop when you buy Bayonetta 2

I'm grateful that we are even getting Bayo 1 in any form, but at the same time it would be so much better if it came on a physical disc like Japan is supposedly getting.
I'm still staying all physical as much as possible. Especially since i've just moved abroad to India and my current internet connection is abysmal here! I mean I can't even download the latest WiiU system update without getting some error message half way.

Please Nintendo Of Europe, Bayo 1 on a Physical Disc if possible

Any other WiiU owners in India out of curiosity?

mrmickfran

i0SuSUZzK0VkM.jpg

Rodin:"Beautiful"

Please let it be physical over here in America ;_;

icespide

Banned
I'm just glad that I'm getting the original bayonetta in ANY form.

it's kinda funny how this sequel BARELY got made, and then people beg for an original port and then they get it and now they're begging for it to be on disc and/or digital

Timeaisis

Can someone give me a low-down on what's going on?

We have 2 SKUs now? A pack including both Bayo 1 + 2 and a regular with just Bayo 2? Did I read that right or has there been some more news?

ReyVGM

To anyone that's in North America, if you want Bayonetta 1 to also be physically included on the same disc/package as Bayo 2, then now is the time to flood Nintendo's twitter and miiverse about it.

So far only Japan and Europe has confirmation of Bayo 1 being physically included. In North America it is digital only, regardless of what Bayo 2 you buy.

Skilletor

it's kinda funny how this sequel BARELY got made, and then people beg for an original port and then they get it and now they're begging for it to be on disc and/or digital

Why is that funny? I don't like digital stuff, especially on Nintendo consoles.

I mean, it's cool because it's free, and I won't complain too much if it's digital, but I would definitely prefer physical.

icespide

Banned

I mean, it's cool because it's free, and I won't complain too much if it's digital, but I would definitely prefer physical.

you're actually being totally reasonable about it though, but there are lots of people vocally complaining

Zalman

To anyone that's in North America, if you want Bayonetta 1 to also be physically included on the same disc/package as Bayo 2, then now is the time to flood Nintendo's twitter and miiverse about it.

So far only Japan and Europe has confirmation of Bayo 1 being physically included. In North America it is digital only, regardless of what Bayo 2 you buy.
No confirmation for Europe yet.

Teletraan1

Banned
Happy to hear. Was not looking forward to buying anything further on disc. I like everything to be instantly playable from the device. I have more drive space on my Wii U than my PS4 and the games are way smaller so far.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I would love that great double box! but a download code would grant me an eshop discount code..happy either way!

jacobeid

Banned

This. I'm grateful that I can play Bayonetta 2. Including the original is just an added bonus, regardless of physical/digital.

fred

Was just wondering if anyone had made any comparison gifs between the 360 SKU and Wii U SKU of Bayonetta 1..? Have there been any cosmetic changes apart from having v-synch enabled..? Like upgraded textures etc..?

Seik

Banned
If NA isn't getting a disc version of B1, man, I think I'm going to import just to have it.

I know it's region-locked, but who knows, maybe one day Nintendo will remove it.....at least I'll have something. D:

ReyVGM

If NA isn't getting a disc version of B1, man, I think I'm going to import just to have it.

I know it's region-locked, but who knows, maybe one day Nintendo will remove it.....at least I'll have something. D:

Or you could email Nintendo, twitter them, facebook them, miiverse them about it and try to include Bayo 1 on the same disc.

That makes a lot more sense than to buying a region locked game in hopes that one day Nintendo removes the region locking (which is not going to happen).

gogogow

No offense, but "won't complain too much" sounds absolutely ridiculous.
It's funny because people are so entitled. That's such a overused word on Neogaf, but it's true in this situation.

- Nintendo brought Bayonetta 2 back from the dead, funds and publishes the game.

- They also completely fund the first game and makes sure it's a good port (360 version) and it took at least 1.5 years, which is most likely not cheap.

- Nintendo also throws in some free added content, which other publishers have no problem charging you at least $5 for.

- AND last but not least, everyone who buys Bayonetta 2 will get the first game for fucking FREE.

People shouldn't complain. Period.

bender

What time is it?

It's not a deal breaker but with the state of Nintendo's account system, I'd love to have the original as a physical release.

ReyVGM

Correct, that's why you go on Nintendo's twitter and you demand they release Bayo 1 physically in North America too.

Skilletor

No offense, but "won't complain too much" sounds absolutely ridiculous.
It's funny because people are so entitled. That's such a overused word on Neogaf, but it's true in this situation.

- Nintendo brought Bayonetta 2 back from the dead, funds and publishes the game.

- They also completely fund the first game and makes sure it's a good port (360 version) and it took at least 1.5 years, which is most likely not cheap.

- Nintendo also throws in some free added content, which other publishers have no problem charging you at least $5 for.

- AND last but not least, everyone who buys Bayonetta 2 will get the first game for fucking FREE.

People shouldn't complain. Period.

I don't care that it's free. It's something I'd be willing to pay for to get it physically since I hate Nintendo's digital system and lack of accounts. All that other stuff is irrelevant. Don't even know what you're going on about.

gogogow

I don't care that it's free. It's something I'd be willing to pay for to get it physically since I hate Nintendo's digital system and lack of accounts. All that other stuff is irrelevant. Don't even know what you're going on about.

There are accounts.
All the other stuff is very relevant. Without Nintendo making it happen, you won't be getting Bayo 1 and/or 2 at all. And you certainly won't be in this thread complaining about free stuff.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
If only the WiiU wasn't region-locked, I'd happily pay the premium to import the european collector edition. It's hard to complain when we get the download code for free which is incredible, but it's one of those cases where I'd have no problem shelling out for a disc in a nice box.

Skilletor

There are accounts.
All the other stuff is very relevant. Without Nintendo making it happen, you won't be getting Bayo 1 and/or 2 at all. And you certainly won't be in this thread complaining about free stuff.

I really don't understand why it bothers you that I have a preference. I mean, it isn't free. I still have to buy Bayonetta 2. It's not like they're just giving me the game. If I don't want Bayonetta 1, Bayonetta 2 isn't all of a sudden any cheaper. This is an added incentive to go out and buy Bayo 2, and for some that incentive isn't as high since it's a digital version of the game.

I already have Bayonetta 1, so...yeah, I definitely would have that without Nintendo.

gogogow

I really don't understand why it bothers you that I have a preference. I mean, it isn't free. I still have to buy Bayonetta 2. It's not like they're just giving me the game. If I don't want Bayonetta 1, Bayonetta 2 isn't all of a sudden any cheaper. This is an added incentive to go out and buy Bayo 2, and for some that incentive isn't as high since it's a digital version of the game.

I already have Bayonetta 1, so...yeah, I definitely would have that without Nintendo.

I actually wasn't planning to reply to your posts anymore, but your post got worse after you edited it and sounds even more ridiculous.
Lol at the bolded. The reason why Bayonetta 2 won't be cheaper without Bayonetta is because you get the latter for FREE. Nintendo could easily release Bayonetta 2 Complete Edition which will also contain the first game for $79.99 instead of $59.99. Instead Nintendo charges 60 for two games. See? You would've gotten Bayonetta 2 cheaper if you didn't want the first one and Nintendo released two versions, basically charging for the first game.

You just turned it all around so it suits your argument how we are not getting the first Bayonetta for free.

Skilletor

I actually wasn't planning to reply to your posts anymore, but your post got worse after you edited it and sounds even more ridiculous.
Lol at the bolded. The reason why Bayonetta 2 won't be cheaper without Bayonetta is because you get the latter for FREE. Nintendo could easily release Bayonetta 2 Complete Edition which will also contain the first game for $79.99 instead of $59.99. Instead Nintendo charges 60 for two games. You just turned it all around so it suits your argument how we are not getting the first Bayonetta for free.

Because I have to spend 59.99 to get it. Same way PS+ games aren't free. I don't have access to them without spending money first. I'm not turning anything around. I have to spend money to get Bayo 1. It isn't free.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Yeah this is dissapointin to read.....
Not only do I not do digital on console games (unless it's stuff I get from PS+) but I don't do digital period with Nintendo because of their lack of an account system like PSN or XBL when it comes to digital items.

Anyone have any twitter hashtags in use that we can use? How about #LetsGetPhysical

*giggles*
How about #PhysicalClimax, given the love of that term in the series?

The JP boxart is fantastic, if we can't get it printed on the reverse of our sleeves i'd put money on someone making a hires template for us to print out in one of the boxart/redesign threads.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Because I have to spend 59.99 to get it. Same way PS+ games aren't free. I don't have access to them without spending money first. I'm not turning anything around. I have to spend money to get Bayo 1. It isn't free.

Eh that's a dodgy ass argument it works if you weren't planning on getting Bayonetta 2 in the first place and so this package is what selling the game to you but from your posts it seems like you were, so precisely why are you so annoyed at a free digital game? I don't get it..

Before they added online to it PS+ was a game subscription service those games weren't free by any sense of the word.. This at least comes under a unexpected extra. Besides do you honestly think Bayonetta 2 isn't worth $60? The original was one of the most content packed action games of the last generation because it included all the crap others would charge for as DLC.

Your whole argument is very very strange.

Skilletor

Eh that's a dodgy ass argument it works if you weren't planning on getting Bayonetta 2 in the first place and so this package is what sselling the game to you but from your posts it seems like you were, so precisely why are you so annoyed at a free digital game. I don't get it..

Before they added online to it PS+ was a game subscription service those games weren't free by any sense of the word.. This at least comes under a unexpected etc. Besides do you honestly think Bayonetta 2 isn't worth $60? The original was one of the most packed action games of the last generation because it included all the crap others would charge for as DLC.

Your whole argument is very very strange.

I have no argument. I don't know what people are talking about. lol.

I'm getting Bayonetta 2. Yes, it's worth 60 dollars. Bayonetta 1 is not free, because I have to spend money to play it. Since I'm spending money, I would prefer it be physical. Whether or not I was going to buy Bayonetta 2 doesn't really matter. It's still my money, and I still have my own preferences.

That's it.

I would prefer it be a physical copy. I don't like digital, and I especially don't like digital on Nintendo's consoles. That's all I'm saying. I would prefer a physical copy. I don't even have space for a game on my Wii U since I bought the basic system precisely because I rarely buy digital games on Nintendo consoles. :)

I'll have to get a big enough thumbdrive to save this game.

Do you rage about Buy two, Get One Free sales

All the time. I've pushed over 17 magazine racks at last count.

Anyway, use Miiverse and twitter to tell NOA you want that Japanese LE. You have to do it soon because the games might go gold as quickly as the end of July and they'll need time to prepare a physical version.

Edit: Probably using @NintendoAmerica is your best bet. Ask on Facebook, as well.

Neiteio

Anyway, use Miiverse and twitter to tell NOA you want that Japanese LE. You have to do it soon because the games might go gold as quickly as the end of July and they'll need time to prepare a physical version.

Edit: Probably using @NintendoAmerica is your best bet. Ask on Facebook, as well.
What's different about the Japanese LE? Just a physical version of Bayo 1?

Does nobody understand that he simply wants Bayonetta 1 physically to match his Bayonetta 2 and doesn't trust Nintnedo's shitty policies for digital games?

I'm in the same boat: no complaints besides the fact it's apparently digital only.

And on another note, holy shit at that Japanese special edition. Wonder if NA will receive anything cool like that by about October.

Frodo

Mental gymnastics: the post.

Top Bottom