• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original Bayonetta WILL BE available digitally on the eShop when you buy Bayonetta 2

Xamdou

Really great news.

I am using a 2tb harddrive as a backup for my computer, can I also use it for extra for the wii u?

Neiteio

Oh WOW -- I was under the impression the co-op mode had you taking turns, but it's real full-blown co-op -- there's a GIF at the bottom of the website showing two players, labeled P1 and P2, beating the shit out of a boss together at the same time. :-O

javac

Wait I just read this. Does this mean it's not going to be available with every copy for EU folks and only with certain bundles? :$
#Bayonetta 2 for #WiiU will arrive in October and a bundle including the original Bayonetta will also be available
Link

Poona

Wait I just read this. Does this mean it's not going to be available with every copy for EU folks and only with certain bundles? :$

Link

If it's a case of the physical copy of Bayonetta only being available on PAL versions, then it is better than not at all.

I'm in Australia so it should be the same here, but I hope for those in the rest of the world who buy it from retail it is released in that way too.

scamander

Banned

Link

The Bayonetta 2-Trailer Nintendo Deutschland posted on youtube indicates the same. It says "A Bayonetta 2 Special Edition, including Bayonetta is also on its way".

Maybe only the first batch will include Bayonetta in Europe, though it sounds more like there will be two different versions. I just hope we will get a physical copy of the first game.

HF2014

Serously, havent play that game at all on old gen. What kind of game is it anyway? I look at the videos on youtube and it remind me as a Devil May Cry type of game. Is it something more? It look cool. Can it be something between god of war and dark souls?

georly

I wish it was on the disc instead of a download, but not a huge deal.

Yeah :/ Got kids in the house, I really don't want a bayonetta icon on the system at all times (i do have parental controls, but still, it means i'll have to password block my login).

Majukun

Serously, havent play that game at all on old gen. What kind of game is it anyway? I look at the videos on youtube and it remind me as a Devil May Cry type of game. Is it something more? It look cool. Can it be something between god of war and dark souls?

It has nothing to do with dark souls,and you can see god of war as the dumber but flashier cousin of Bayo and DMC,that are basically the same genre,only difference is that bayo is DMC on steroid and has some unique mechanics

Regiruler

Devil May Cry comparison is apt considering the original was directed (I think that was his role) by the same person who directed Bayonetta 1.

Not port begging, but does this effect the possibility of Bayo1 coming to PC?

Maybe it raises the possibility, knowing that Sega hasn't completely dumped the original game.

I can hope, anyway. Bayonetta 4k/60fps for Steam and Bayonetta with offscreen TV play would be fucking awesome, and I'd triple dip.

tba

Russian branch of Nintendo yesterday started pre-orders for Bayo2. They offers two editions, only the limited includes the first Bayonetta.
I think that this basically confirms that the same editions will be available for the rest PAL-regions since Nintendo of Russia has literally zero authority over anything.

https://mir.nintendo.ru/shop/product/bayonetta-2-ogranichennoe-izdanie-nintendo-2120111-00006
https://mir.nintendo.ru/shop/product/bayonetta-2-nintendo-2120111-00005/search

The description does not make it clear what version of Bayonetta - digital or disk - is included.

The prices are 2199 rubles for the standard edition and 2999 rubles for the limited. It is about 47 and 64 euros.

Shun

image30.png

I hope this becomes a trend. I really dig the minimalist look of the boxart. The cyan banner could really clash with some boxarts.

Keep the Cyan on the spine but make sure the rest of the cover is covered in beautiful art.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wait.
Is that Bayonetta 2 Japanese cover, for real?

Ah, it reminds me of many Gamecube covers, as well as some Wii ones.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Who knows? This port seems to be very much custom made for the Wii U, with gamepad usage and even Nintendo themed costumes etc., so it would have to be a completely different project if so.

I'm hoping there will be some kind of collector's edition that includes Bayo 1 & 2 on disc along with some cool shit like Scarborough Fair from the Bayo 1 collector's. I never buy those, personally, but in this case I would have to make an exception because it's fucking Bayonetta. Game of the generation for me even though I played it on PS3.

Tizoc

We at the steam thread speculate that taking 18 months to port the original game to Wii U may not restrict it to just one system.

It changes it from 0.1% to 0%.

Sega ain't at their best.

Their best being financially or...
Because financially they've been on the up and up for the most part.

Sendou

We at the steam thread speculate that taking 18 months to port the original game to Wii U may not restrict it to just one system.

18 months? Where did you get that from? I don't think it's impossible that Platinum did a PC port together with a Wii U port but people have to realize this port is a result of Nintend going "hey here's money now make a Wii U version of Bayonetta 1 happen". Who would say "hey here's money now make a PC version of Bayonetta 1 happen"? I guess Sega could and I hope they do but still I'm not holding much hope for that.

Tizoc

18 months? Where did you get that from? I don't think it's impossible that Platinum did a PC port together with a Wii U port but people have to realize this port is a result of Nintend going "hey here's money now make a Wii U version of Bayonetta 1 happen". Who would say "hey here's money now make a PC version of Bayonetta 1 happen"? I guess Sega could and I hope they do but still I'm not holding much hope for that.

I remember there being a thread that stated that Bayo 1 port being in development for some months so it's based on that. Can't seem to find that thread though >_>;

Sendou

I remember there being a thread that stated that Bayo 1 port being in development for some months so it's based on that. Can't seem to find that thread though >_>;

Even if that was more than a rumor we still wouldn't know when they stopped working on the port.

Well, options are good. I expect there'll be a deal on a physical copy when it comes out, so I'll probably go that route. If Best Buy runs another 20% off of Wii U cards, that would be good. $48 for a digital copy on launch isn't terrible.

Top Bottom