• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

More people bought that fake than bought a Wii U.

fVpWZwK.gif

AgeEighty

Not sure I agree with this. I agree that no buttons are dumb. But gadget sex appeal is a thing and there's a reason why some people pay 100$ more for a S7 Edge than an S7 phone. I'd like to see the visuals flow across the unit. It doesn't detract from anything, you still get a full wide screen format in between, it's just bonus flare on the side.

That's an apples and oranges comparison. People don't choose the Edge just because of its looks; that actually is a feature with a sort of functionality of its own. And with phones, you have choice: If you don't like one option Samsung or Apple or whoever are offering, they have another one that fits your style. With a game console, there is one default controller. Either they get it right on their one attempt, or they're done for. And, control precision is a far more critical concern on a game controller than on a phone.

Scenario 1 - Patent/fake a canned controller/handheld design

Engineer #1 to Miyamoto: "Told you they would hate it"

Scenario 2 - Patent/fake really do match NX controller/handheld

Miyamoto to Engineer #1: "Oh my god they hate it...now what?"

Scenario 3 - They actually had two final designs - reactions would lead to final decision

Miyamoto to Everyone: "They hate the button-less one. We are switching to Plan B people!!"

Scenario 4 (most Nintendo like)

Miyamoto to Engineer: They hate it, but whatever, release it anyway.

Flare

Might not be the best place to post this now but...

Here's what I want the controller to be something like. Modeled it after the Wii U Pro controller, would have to be slightly bigger to accommodate the touchscreen around the analogue sticks and middle. The controller would keep the buttons but have room on the touchscreen for contextual/unique action buttons, or specific items, etc.

Peterc

Is there other nx news?
It has been a while ago when we heard something new(beside this joke)

BTW I don't mind this lie, as long that the lie will be revealed a couple days later

doop_

Banned

Here's what I want the controller to be something like. Modeled it after the Wii U Pro controller, would have to be slightly bigger to accommodate the touchscreen around the analogue sticks and middle. The controller would keep the buttons but have room on the touchscreen for contextual/unique action buttons, or specific items, etc.
That looks slick as fuck, it will be like an expanded DS4 touch pad.

My god. I want this!

ZOONAMI

I don't understand why it makes any sense to add an expensive screen to the system. Touchpad like ds4 would be fine.

I don't understand why it makes any sense to add an expensive screen to the system. Touchpad like ds4 would be fine.

If we're operating under the assumption that the handheld will be able to play at least some console titles at lower res and fidelity, then I could see a use for it on the handheld if the handheld unit doesn't have the same inputs as the console.

It could actually be a fairly smart way to handle an issue like that (if this is along the lines of what they are trying to do).

But for the home unit, I do agree that another expensive tablet-like peripheral doesn't seem to make much sense.

What if it turns out to also be real though?
That patent still exists, and Andy McNamara of Game Informer said he'd heard there would be no face buttons.

It being revealed at E3 and being exactly this, would be very hilarious for a brief moment, and then very sad.

Flare

You're totally right, it's probably not very cost friendly. In fact I'm not sure if we have an estimate of how much free-form displays cost.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus

Too soon. The mourning period has not yet ended.

catbrush

My granpappy/uncle who works at or around Nintendo told me the controller is going to be a sphere that twists like a rubric's cube with DUAL powergloves attached by fishing wire.

Also I thought the fake looked plausible, but I'm glad it was a fake.

XenodudeX

wheres the screen tho

MrBigBoy

People don't choose the Edge just because of its looks;
No. I and my friends bought the Edge because how it looks. We disabled the Edge functionality.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4c1ccu/i_know_stuff_about_nx_ama/

This dude is still posting, could it actually be legit ?
Thread ?
Omg, the things he is saying about the blue and red markers on the cartridges could actually be legit. They are already doing that in the eShop o_O

Banned
Noo
He wouldn't know most of those details even if he was a dev
Marketers wouldn't know all those details about carts, architecture, Wii U settings, and final name of Zelda so early.

No. I and my friends bought the Edge because how it looks. We disabled the Edge functionality.

Omg, the things he is saying about the blue and red markers on the cartridges could actually be legit. They are already doing that in the eShop o_O
That's what makes it a good troll. It's using facts that are already out there.

Banned
Seems like he's taking neogaf posts and using them as rumors.

Power in between XB1-PS4
Cartridges
Shared library
Traditional console
Staggered launches of handheld and console

But the media event in late April he is teasing is close to the fiscal Briefing. Sounds fishy.

Power in between XB1-PS4
Cartridges
Shared library
Traditional console

But the media event in late April he is teasing is close to the fiscal Briefing. Sounds fishy.
Meh, even if there is a reveal event soon, that was already predicted by many here. And Orgen even hinted at it too. I still wouldn't believe him until I see those games he mentioned.

doop_

Banned

Power in between XB1-PS4
Cartridges
Shared library
Traditional console

We have a mole 👀 👁 👀.
Apart from the Mario game I want all of this to be legit, but you apparently already debunked it.

udivision

I am not the "Leaker" just posting the thread.

I wonder if I can take advantage of your trusting nature and convince you that you really are the Leaker.
Just looking at that avatar is evidence it might be possible.

You can't doop_ us forever, Mr. Leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom