• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original Project X Zone removed from the 3DS eshop

http://nintendoeverything.com/original-project-x-zone-removed-from-the-3ds-eshop/

The first Project X Zone has disappeared from the North American 3DS eShop. On top of that, if you’ve downloaded it previously, a message stating “This software is currently unavailable” is displayed where the re-download button would be.

Did a search, nothing came up, lock if old.

EDIT: Apparently you can still redownload the game right now if you've previously purchased it by going to your redownloadable software. Not sure if this is temporary or not so I'd redownload it while you still can.

Ydelnae

If this made you unable to access your previously downloaded game I would take this as a sign that Project X Zone 3 was coming with Konami hopping on board.

Eolz

Whaaaat?
Guess it's due to some copyright issue between all the companies. Glad I have a physical copy, hope they can resolve that.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if it was because of licensing.

That's really fucked up that you can't redownload it even if you purchased it previously.

Naturally, I'll echo the "physical is the way to go" sentiment.

-Horizon-

I'm guessing problems with the character rights.

Dang, sucks for people wanting to play it one day, especially if that can happen to the second game as well

Oregano

Doesn't Nintendo usually give warning when something is to be taken down?(happened with VC stuff)

Then again I'm not sure whether this is the first time you can't redownload something you've purchased.-

Yazuka

Stuff like this and the digital prices are what keeps me away from digital games, plus I like to own my games physically.

I mean honestly the only thing that sucks about this is that you can't redownload legitimate copies which is confusing. Other services have delisted stuff too but you could always download again.

Velcro Fly

I should have just bought the first one physical when it was super cheap everywhere

Now it is expensive as hell and no digital available.

Kaleo

Neo Member
Almost panicked after reading the news on Twitter; I bought the game some time ago on eShop, deleted it (never finished it) then didn't redownloaded. The last stages were so sluggish that I didn't feel motivated at all, unlike PXZ2.

However you can redownload it without worries (for now at least...), if you bought it on eShop; I'm doing it right at this moment.

Almost panicked after reading the news on Twitter; I bought the game some time ago on eShop, deleted it (never finished it) then didn't redownloaded. The last stages were so sluggish that I didn't feel motivated at all, unlike PXZ2.

However you can redownload it without worries (for now at least...), if you bought it on eShop; I'm doing it right at this moment.

Huh, the redownload option is available for me too.

You can't redownload it even if it was purchased already? Whaaaaat?!?

I think that's a first for Nintendo. They've never done that before as far as I'm aware.

Edit: Okay, posters above are saying they can still redownload. Until further notice I'm going to assume the whole can't-be-redownloaded thing was just a mistake in the article, because it wouldn't make any sense.

NeonZ

How much better is the sequel? Should I just get that?

I've been wanting to get into the series.

The sequel has a much better story introduction and also doesn't get nearly as slow gameplay-wise as the original (which had very long turns and battles in later chapters due to high hp enemies, and large number of playable units and enemies at once since everyone was deployed for every map, aside from route splits). The balance/map design is still pretty weak, but the pacing adjustments help a lot.

Hale-XF11

I had never considered that they would/could remove digital games without the ability to re-download. As someone who always buys digital, this is gonna make me think twice next time I buy a game.

JayEH

Would have been nice for them to warn everyone beforehand. Luckily I got a copy a couple months ago.

DIGITAL FUTURE

Digital isn't the problem. Nintendo is. Others digital service let you redownload delisted games, even for right reasons.

This is unacceptable.

latest

Sakujou

Banned
prices will skyrocket.

i fucking love the digital future.

i hope roms/isos will be a thing in the future, since most companies are going to screw around again.

tatsunoko, marvel vs. capcom and now project x zone.

why are these games a problem in the west while japan is not facing similar problems?

Ridley327

prices will skyrocket.

i fucking love the digital future.

i hope roms/isos will be a thing in the future, since most companies are going to screw around again.

tatsunoko, marvel vs. capcom and now project x zone.

why are these games a problem in the west while japan is not facing similar problems?

I don't think TvC or MvC have been reprinted in Japan, either. Licenses are licenses, no matter what part of the world you're in.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Digital isn't the problem. Nintendo is. Others digital service let you redownload delisted games, even for right reasons.

I'm not even talking about redownloading games, i'm talking about "delisting" in general blowing up the entire argument for digital servers "preserving" code. is the best this shitty system can do only involve helping previous customers!?

Atleast with UMVC3, you can still buy it somewhere. You can't download that shit anywhere, and that goes for MVC2, MVC Origins, among others

FyreWulff

Delisting happens when you have an infinite supply (digital) but a limited licensing contract (nobody signs for eternity)

Licensing contracts expiring have always been a thing, but don't apply in an obvious way to physical copies as the maker of the game could print as many copies as they wanted, but still sell back catalog inventory until they ran out, and of course used copies kept flowing around. So the license expiring has been invisible to most gamers up until recently.

When your contract expires, it's illegal for you to make money off property you don't own. There's no way around it. This is not a problem digital can solve, so yes, it makes sense to only ensure that existing customers can redownload their game but not allow new ones.

I'm not even talking about redownloading games, i'm talking about "delisting" in general blowing up the entire argument for digital servers "preserving" code. is the best this shitty system can do only involve helping previous customers!?

Atleast with UMVC3, you can still buy it somewhere. You can't download that shit anywhere, and that goes for MVC2, MVC Origins, among others

You're still dependent on lasting stocks, which is the same for digital, as you can still get keys somewhere. This is also inherent to consoles problems, for the fact you can't retrieve files.

Coppanuva

This is unacceptable.

I mean... for what it's worth, it looks like the Redownload problem was just them not knowing where to look to do that. Also, PT.

Top Bottom