• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original Transformers Seasons 1-4 Free On Youtube

T8SC

Gold Member
63b3859b9b78ec9a8379c6fe00f42696.jpg

Enjoy, season 1 has been released.

(1) Transformers, Season 1 (1984) - YouTube

The next 3 seasons will be released each coming week. Grab some nostalgia for free.

9a55f59e7e6b6561b0f67f0b568636d0.jpg

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I remember when they brought Optimus back... That episode was EPIC!

ETA: I remember this dialogue right here

Skylynx: it is true! Our leader is BACK!

Resurrected Optimus Prime: Yes, Skylynx! And this time no force in the universe will stop me!

And he released the power of the Matrix to purify everyone from the spore infection.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I own them all on DVD.

I also have Headmasters, Super God Masterforce, and Victory on DVD and a copy of Zone.

Last edited:
I'd be impressed if they uploaded the supposed season 5 episodes. It was just a best-of "season" but they had those original intro/outros with the kid and Powermaster Prime and what they tried to pass off as new tv intro. I don't think any of those exist outside of vhs recordings and will probably remain that way. =P

Kadve

I love it that they still refer the headmasters serial as "season 4".

Its three freaking episodes that completely ruins the great ending season 3 had and honestly should always have been its own TV special.

(edit, looks like it was originally intended to be released as a five part finale to season 3, but was cut down to three due to budget reasons and had to air as a separate season. As keeping it part of season three would have given it 33 episodes and syndicated shows had to be dividable by 5.)

Last edited:

sol_bad

I own them all on DVD.

I also have Headmasters, Super God Masterforce, and Victory on DVD and a copy of Zone.

I own them all on DVD as well. Has Beast Wars on DVD too, lent it to a friend and never saw the fucker again. Now it's hard to find Beast Wars on DVD in Australia.

Does anyone know why the shows aren't getting re-released on DVD or blu ray?

Blade2.0

Might have to give this a watch. Never was super into transformers growing up. Liked the movie but never watched the show

ManaByte

Gold Member
Does anyone know why the shows aren't getting re-released on DVD or blu ray?
Physical media is dead. There's only one disc duplication plant in all of North America now (in Mexico) and all DVDs and Blu-Rays have to go through that one plant. So studios have to put priority to what they release due to the long waitlist for duplication. For example, the Arrrow Dune 4K coming out is going to lack a documentary extra in the US. Either they can release it without the documentary, or delay it and have to wait until their next available duplication window sometime in 2022. So they're releasing it without the documentary.

levyjl1988

Banned
Physical media is dead. There's only one disc duplication plant in all of North America now (in Mexico) and all DVDs and Blu-Rays have to go through that one plant. So studios have to put priority to what they release due to the long waitlist for duplication. For example, the Arrrow Dune 4K coming out is going to lack a documentary extra in the US. Either they can release it without the documentary, or delay it and have to wait until their next available duplication window sometime in 2022. So they're releasing it without the documentary.
That explains why most of my discs say Made in Mexico.

Wheeljack539

Gold Member
Three things:

First, take a look at Heavy Metal War's cut scene (voiced storyboards):

Megatron's face in response to Starscream's question should have been animated. It's too damn good.

And, Optimus vs Megatron in what we should have got from the 1986 movie, with full music, storyboard and sound effects.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3LJk0XT4tw&list=LL

And finally, UNCENSORED Instruments of Destruction!

Last edited:
Top Bottom