• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

Oswen

I really like your art, your latest works are quite impressive.

I plan to buy some prints at some point since I may have just the right spot for them however I am mostly an Art Print person (got plenty at home) but I was reading that they may not be optimal for your work.
Many of the works I'm interested at the moment are pretty dark (DKC2, Narshe, Bloodborne, an eventual Artorias return etc) I fear they may lose details as Art Prints and so I'm a bit torn on what to choose.

Really looking forward the Monster Hunter one, it better have a Lagiacrus hiding somewhere :p

orioto

Good Art™
I really like your art, your latest works are quite impressive.

I plan to buy some prints at some point since I may have just the right spot for them however I am mostly an Art Print person (got plenty at home) but I was reading that they may not be optimal for your work.
Many of the works I'm interested at the moment are pretty dark (DKC2, Narshe, Bloodborne, an eventual Artorias return etc) I fear they may lose details as Art Prints and so I'm a bit torn on what to choose.

Really looking forward the Monster Hunter one, it better have a Lagiacrus hiding somewhere :p

Well, it's just art prints have that texture, in the really dark, or black tones, it's a little weird. Also yeah matte print will always be darker. But i always try to have my dark art not too dark actually, more and more. I'm sure some people here bought those one in art print and can give some feedback! It also depends if you put them in a place with light!

And i have no clue what a Lagiathing is :p

Just catching up now. Amazing and beautifully stunning art as usual Orioto. :) These are just wonderful. Vivid, colourful and beautiful. You're so talented. I'll be ordering some prints when I move in to my new place! Would love to have some of these on my wall. Keep up the excellent work.

Bruh you had me at...
CiWhj5yXEAEZxh7.jpg:large

Then I saw...

Dam son.

orioto

Good Art™
Thx guys!

Small wip, still a lot of work, still not sure how it will work but we'll see!

MHwip01.jpg

I started working on my game after a gaffer offered to halp! So i'll have to find time for my weekly poster and the game now :)

It'll be a challenging old school platformer, with some quackshot vibes to it and a nice game play twist. I'm really loking for that 90's platformer charm, rather than the typical indy tone.
Also It'll be pretty!!
I present to you Hampoo, the breatless exporer!

HampooStanding.gif

Wow i had 40 likes in one day ? Thx guys^^ I don't know if that actually shows somewhere on facebook but it's still real cool!

orioto

Good Art™
MHwip02.jpg

Gonna take some liberty here and play with a cave like front plan, with maybe some front waterfall here and there. That can be a really nice mood. I think i'll publish it tomorow to not rush the end today.

Peterc

MHwip02.jpg

Gonna take some liberty here and play with a cave like front plan, with maybe some front waterfall here and there. That can be a really nice mood. I think i'll publish it tomorow to not rush the end today.

Nice! Looking forwards to see the final result.

Kimawolf

Finished!

Ci_uDCXXEAQw8MV.jpg:large

75 prints HERE
Walls HERE

Next week i have a cool idea for a
Monster Hunter
art!

I just bought that wall paper. Not sure what is kosher to give for a wallpaper but it amazing!

I did give something, but its in euros so i have no clue what it translates to in dollars lol.

bumpkin

Photoshop :) And a crappy bamboo pen tablet. That seems to have problems with Windows 10 ...

Which Bamboo tablet? I picked a "Sketch" a year or two ago when I thought I was going to get back into drawing. It's been collecting dust in its box ever since. lol.

Lucent

mid day wip

CrashWip02.jpg

evening wip!

CrashWip03.jpg

Should i put 50 or 75 of this one gaf ?? How strong is the crash love ?

I'm not a huge Crash fan, but that looks great. And you'd think as hyped as people are getting for a possible resurrection of the franchise, there would be a lot of people wanting this. But then how many of those people buy game art?

orioto

Good Art™
I'm not a huge Crash fan, but that looks great. And you'd think as hyped as people are getting for a possible resurrection of the franchise, there would be a lot of people wanting this. But then how many of those people buy game art?

Maybe 50 then :p

morning update! I added some cambodian temple in the background cause there is something like that (but it's more aztecish, i will change it with some indian decoration) in the game, but way smaller obviously. It's some kind of Uncharted 4 edition of Crash actually :p Now i have to add level elements in the middle, mushrooms, stone wheel, this kind of thing.

CrashWip04.jpg

orioto

Good Art™
That looks amazing.

Thx, well i probably won't even sell 10 copies of this i can already feel it :p That's two big failures in two weeks, for two pieces i've put a lot of work in.. But i got to stay motivated... and go on with the next one already!

orioto

Good Art™
Title change bump.

I'm not eactly sure what i do next week. Maybe FFVII but vhat from it.. Tifa/Cloud scene ? Sephiros fire ? Not sure..

Great work, I'm impressed by the consistently high quality art you put out!

May I ask how many hours you spend per painting? (a rough estimate)

to those who usually get this to hang on the wall (I'll get it framed later, lack of space now) do you get canvas or poster?

Also I've lurked this thread for a while, I feel this crash one is amazing!

orioto

Good Art™
How about your take on Zelda U based on what we saw so far? Would love to your style with those colors

maybe theme it around an E3 reveal?

or what mello says :D (kinda related^^)

Well it's better for me to do games that people already played and like :p

Yuffie standing on the mountain overlooking Wutai.

I don't even remember that scene! But i'm not sure it's that "cult"!

Great work, I'm impressed by the consistently high quality art you put out!

May I ask how many hours you spend per painting? (a rough estimate)

Thx! 20 to 30 hours!

to those who usually get this to hang on the wall (I'll get it framed later, lack of space now) do you get canvas or poster?

Also I've lurked this thread for a while, I feel this crash one is amazing!

Well Canvas are way more expensive anyway so it depends on people's budget :)

Hey, I bought your '26 ways to bebop' print via hcgart. It arrived today and I just wanted to say thank you because it looks so great <3 :)

Ha nice :) I didn't have news from them in months..

Well it's better for me to do games that people already played and like :p

I don't even remember that scene! But i'm not sure it's that "cult"!

Thx! 20 to 30 hours!

Well Canvas are way more expensive anyway so it depends on people's budget :)

Ha nice :) I didn't have news from them in months..
Then do whatever you want..? Lol

Top Bottom