• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orioto art thread - New VG wall every thursday!

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Question for monster hunter fans: a memorable place from Tri or 4 ?

Maybe Misty Peaks from MH Portable 3rd / MH3 Ultimate? I think the waterfalls would make for a gorgeous background. There are some more images of the zone in the link.

6dlNZXT.jpg

I'm not sure what you have in mind (and if the piece includes a monster), but there are so many cool monsters I don't even really know what to suggest. I would say Zinogre is definitely one of the most memorable, best looking, and most fun to fight monsters in the franchise. But there are also Rathalos, Brachydios, Diablos, Tigrex, Barioth, ... you see where this is going. :)

I've made a post in the MH4U OT with a link to this thread, maybe some people have better suggestions.

I'll start working in July since I'm pretty much done with university and will move in August, so I'll finally have some space and funds for some great artwork. An awesome MH artwork would be pretty high on my list. :)

orioto

Good Art™
Maybe Misty Peaks from MH Portable 3rd / MH3 Ultimate? I think the waterfalls would make for a gorgeous background. There are some more images of the zone in the link.

I'm not sure what you have in mind (and if the piece includes a monster), but there are so many cool monsters I don't even really know what to suggest. I would say Zinogre is definitely one of the most memorable, best looking, and most fun to fight monsters in the franchise. But there are also Rathalos, Brachydios, Diablos, Tigrex, Barioth, ... you see where this is going. :)

I've made a post in the MH4U OT with a link to this thread, maybe some people have better suggestions.

I'll start working in July since I'm pretty much done with university and will move in August, so I'll finally have some space and funds for some great artwork. An awesome MH artwork would be pretty high on my list. :)

Misty Peaks was on my radar yeah.
My ida is a really calm and contemplative one. I wanted to show a nice landscape (but it has to remind fans of the game a memorable area of course) and having monsters in the background and a bunch of characters cooking meat at the front. I find that setting nice for a poster, typical of the game and poetic

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Misty Peaks was on my radar yeah.
My ida is a really calm and contemplative one. I wanted to show a nice landscape (but it has to remind fans of the game a memorable area of course) and having monsters in the background and a bunch of characters cooking meat at the front. I find that setting nice for a poster, typical of the game and poetic

Sounds very interesting, I'm looking forward to it. Maybe a more open area would fit your ideas better then? I could imagine the Ancestral Steppe for this setting. Right at the beginning of the zone the starting camp (which would lend itself for cooking) is located beneath some cool looking red stone arcs (image 1). The open steppes right after (image 2) would provide enough space for some monsters. Here's a video showing the zone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ELV6B5l0I

Since it's the first area of MH4U and will also be featured in the upcoming MH Generations, I think it should be recognizable to a lot of people.

orioto

Good Art™
Sounds very interesting, I'm looking forward to it. Maybe a more open area would fit your ideas better then? I could imagine the Ancestral Steppe for this setting. Right at the beginning of the zone the starting camp (which would lend itself for cooking) is located beneath some cool looking red stone arcs (image 1). The open steppes right after (image 2) would provide enough space for some monsters. Here's a video showing the zone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ELV6B5l0I

Since it's the first area of MH4U and will also be featured in the upcoming MH Generations, I think it should be recognizable to a lot of people.

Well the thing with Monster Hunter 4 is that.. It's realyl abstract, not easy to take inspiration from those backgrounds. At least with Tri i can find clear enough artworks or captures.

orioto

Good Art™
What's the difference between a Poster and an Art Print?

Art print is super thick paper, museum quality. BUT it's darker, and cause no light reflexion at all. Unfortunatly i prefer the lustre poster, which are thinner paper (but still thick, it's not magazine paper) that are more shiny. I think it's better for my art. But depends on people.

Ordered WW and the Narshe print.

Finally got to look through everything you've done and that is impressive. More things I must buy. Hope you do more reprints in the future.

Artorias was robbed!

Edit: Have you considered any Diablo 2 prints?

orioto

Good Art™
That's what I want to know too. If it looks significantly better in person, I'll buy that instead of a poster since the poster sizes aren't normal sizes.

Yeah i'm sorry nobody neve answer that call! I'd like to know how they liked the canvas ones to.

Ordered WW and the Narshe print.

Finally got to look through everything you've done and that is impressive. More things I must buy. Hope you do more reprints in the future.

Artorias was robbed!

Edit: Have you considered any Diablo 2 prints?

I'd like to do pc games for sure! Old pc games to.

I was hoping for the Master Sword print. Maybe next time. :(

I ordered the Metroid reprint, the Final Fantasy Tactics one, and the Pyramid LttP pic as small posters though.

Got the Splatoon poster and the MGS3 one and my MGS3 one has a tear in it... :(

orioto

Good Art™

I ordered the Metroid reprint, the Final Fantasy Tactics one, and the Pyramid LttP pic as small posters though.

A tear ? If there is a problem tell redbubble and they'll replace it, no problem! Give them a pic of the problem if you want to be sure.

OK Orioto, I finally did it. Been saying it for months I would buy something but I finally have some room and money for your posters.

I bought Fresh Air By the Sea (thank you so much for bring this one back!!!), and Finish your Mission. The 20% off help solidify the deal.

orioto

Good Art™
OK Orioto, I finally did it. Been saying it for months I would buy something but I finally have some room and money for your posters.

I bought Fresh Air By the Sea (thank you so much for bring this one back!!!), and Finish your Mission. The 20% off help solidify the deal.

Congrats :p You now represent me on your walls!

I feel your pain, friend.

Edit: My order shipped as well.

Bought a SoM print~

Somehow redbubble got more expensive? Last time I ordered was the Miyazaki one though, so that was one and a half year ago or so.

orioto

Good Art™
That Secret of Mana piece is absolutely gorgeous.

Subbed. (better late than never)

Welcome!

Not sure there will be a new art this week cause i still didn't start it. i'm again playing with the idea of some game project of my own. I got offered some help by some gaffers! We'll see. Ha new page!

Last 9 weeks!
CjJVEwhXAAATO0s.jpg:large
CiWhj5yXEAEZxh7.jpg:large
tumblr_o6tysntClr1qdq8qno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o609e5Wwg11qdq8qno1_r2_1280.jpg
tumblr_o5wlcd2PgZ1qdq8qno1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o5abowrlkx1qdq8qno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o4mi8vlP8Z1qdq8qno2_1280.jpg
tumblr_o4f1lctkGw1qdq8qno2_1280.jpg
CdNSJbeWwAELeHl.jpg:large

You know where to find all that! Wallpapers and posters! There is also a zip with my 42 ones from 2015, HERE!

I also made available again those 4 (the mario fresco was on an other store)

I'm LTTP here, as mentioned before, but man. Looking at your recent output, your art has gotten so much better it would suck if you were to stop now!

Of course, that's a completely selfish sentiment, so by all means, follow your dreams and all that ;)

Baliis

My canvas prints came in and look really nice. Bought a medium size of the SoM print and a small of the Narshe print. The small is a bit smaller than I thought it would be since I didn't really think about the measurements at all but it still looks great. The SoM print is gorgeous though, the colors are great and the size of the medium is just right for what I wanted.

I'll try to take some pics tonight when I get off work if I get the chance.

orioto

Good Art™
I'm LTTP here, as mentioned before, but man. Looking at your recent output, your art has gotten so much better it would suck if you were to stop now!

Of course, that's a completely selfish sentiment, so by all means, follow your dreams and all that ;)

Who said i was stopping :p

My canvas prints came in and look really nice. Bought a medium size of the SoM print and a small of the Narshe print. The small is a bit smaller than I thought it would be since I didn't really think about the measurements at all but it still looks great. The SoM print is gorgeous though, the colors are great and the size of the medium is just right for what I wanted.

I'll try to take some pics tonight when I get off work if I get the chance.

Niiice, it will be appreciated :p Is it sharp, do you see every details you see on a pc screen ?

orioto

Good Art™
Its hands down my favorite game ever.

Out of interest do you still make the 3D versions of your pictures you used to make for the 3DS?

I stopped long time ago actually, it's not easy now cause i postprocess my work a lot and i merge things, so i can't do the conversion that easily. Also it was fun to look at but not really worthy of the effort honestly.

I just wanted to say that you're awesome, dude. Love your work!

Thx!

Bass260

Just wanted to chime in and say I absolutely adore your work! The Lifestream and Mother 3 ones are my personal favorites. But they are all really quite stunning and seem to follow a consistent art style - they look wonderful all together.

Have you played any of the first three Silent Hill games? I would love if someone were to do some art from 2 or 3. It feels like you've covered all my other favorite games.

orioto

Good Art™
Just wanted to chime in and say I absolutely adore your work! The Lifestream and Mother 3 ones are my personal favorites. But they are all really quite stunning and seem to follow a consistent art style - they look wonderful all together.

Have you played any of the first three Silent Hill games? I would love if someone were to do some art from 2 or 3. It feels like you've covered all my other favorite games.

Thx!

Yeah Silent Hill is a potential candidate i guess, it's about finding the right scene as usual!

orioto

Good Art™
Just to tell you the Okami one has just one left!

ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.png

Working on the Monster Hunter, i'll show a wip tomorow.After that i'll try to do
Crash Bandicoot

Top Bottom