• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming March 2017 | Switch to iOS

PittaGAF

Sunless Sea might not be doing too well. Just dropped to $7.99.

That would be bad.
According to Kotaku, it's the most enjoyable version out there (over the pc one too).

But I think it's an inherent problem now with all 'too old game' ports as many have multiple devices to play their games on and chances are they already played it to death if they were interested.

Not many, like some of us, refrain to play something hoping it will come to their most convenient platform.

Which is obviously sad.

PittaGAF

I found more secrets in my second Oxenfree playthrough than in all adventures I ever played combined, Simogo ones included.

It's AMAZING.
Found even a REAL USA phone number to call, where a recorded Alex voice tells you something.

It's AMAZING.

I think I'm going to fully complete it, with the super best ending (I think...I'm sure doing certain something is possibile).

I found more secrets in my second Oxenfree playthrough than in all adventures I ever played combined, Simogo ones included.

It's AMAZING.
Found even a REAL USA phone number to call, where a recorded Alex voice tells you something.

It's AMAZING.

I think I'm going to fully complete it, with the super best ending (I think...I'm sure doing certain something is possibile).
When I finished my first playthrough of Oxenfree and
it ended in a time loop, I had thought it would be really cool if you could replay the game but have new dialogue changes and diverging plot due to it being a loop

And then the devs did a New Game Plus that did exactly that.

Oxenfree is amazing

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Quick Oxenfree iOS question that I'm curious about:

Does it
pull in your friends list names the way at least the PC version which I played does for the mirror visions
?

I loved the game overall and I would've bought it on iOS if I hadn't already played through it twice on PC.

PittaGAF

Quick Oxenfree iOS question that I'm curious about:

Does it
pull in your friends list names the way at least the PC version which I played does for the mirror visions
?

I loved the game overall and I would've bought it on iOS if I hadn't already played through it twice on PC.

From Gamecenter. ;)

awp69

Hmm...reading some of those spoilers from the point of view from someone who played Oxenfree on console is making me consider double dipping.

Still having to make trips to my father's house to clean it out and Oxenfree might be somewhat mellow diversion at night there being more narrative driven than action heavy.

Sunless Sea is way too involved for me right now as far as story driven games.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Semi OT, But iOS 10.3.2 just went up on beta following 10.3's public release and it is only for 64-bit devices. Another sign of full deprecation of 32-bit support for iOS 11 I wonder?

I highly recommend 10.3 in general if only for the APFS file system optimisations.

awp69

Gameloft's remastered N.O.V.A. game -- Legacy -- just launched on Android. What's interesting is that Droid Gamers is reporting that it may end up being Android exclusive.

Sounds like it sadly follows Gameloft's later business models with tons of F2P elements -- timers and tons of currency IAPs.

But rare for a "big" release especially to be on Android and not iOS. Probably not missing much though.

Some late impressions:

Golf Zero
Short but sweet. The controls feel tight and can be customized if you so desire so I never felt like a death was unfair or due to controls. Overall I really like this weird hybrid or platforming and golf. Shooting the golf ball in slow motion while you're about to plunge to your death has a satisfying feeling and makes for great Hail Mary-like moments. It is a little on the short side but levels are coming later for free so it should only get better from here.

Euclidean Lands
A nice little puzzler. I haven't finished it yet but I've like what I've played so far. The game does a great job of adding new elements to the puzzles at a nice and smooth pace so it never feels like you're being overwhelmed on any level. Gameplay has sort of a "lateral" feel to it where if you stop at the beginning and plan your moves ahead of time the levels can actually be beaten fairly quickly. I didn't do this when I first started playing instead just making moves and then trying to improvise when I hit a snag, not a good strategy I can tell ya. Overall one of the better puzzlers that have released recently.

killercow

Some late impressions:

Golf Zero
Short but sweet. The controls feel tight and can be customized if you so desire so I never felt like a death was unfair or due to controls. Overall I really like this weird hybrid or platforming and golf. Shooting the golf ball in slow motion while you're about to plunge to your death has a satisfying feeling and makes for great Hail Mary-like moments. It is a little on the short side but levels are coming later for free so it should only get better from here.

Well you're in luck, they just added 40 new levels today :)

killercow

The original was great, played it for months!!!

EDIT: seems they went realtime this time???

Seems like it yeah or at least faster since it also says that you can play multiple games at a time. I liked the simplicity and predictability of the first one so I'm a bit weary of the card system but I'll try it tonight.

wonderpug

Neo Member

Oynox

Does anyone know if Pocketgamer will ever get a design overhaul? The old looks still keep me from visiting it, especially with the browser. The whole site seems so confusing..

killercow

Does anyone know if Pocketgamer will ever get a design overhaul? The old looks still keep me from visiting it, especially with the browser. The whole site seems so confusing..

It's supposed to happen at some point... Seems like a missed opportunity and should have happened a long time ago but maybe that's just me.

PittaGAF

Seems like it yeah or at least faster since it also says that you can play multiple games at a time. I liked the simplicity and predictability of the first one so I'm a bit weary of the card system but I'll try it tonight.

Oh!
Let us know please, I loved the first one.
It made me an async addict.

PittaGAF

Just got the best glorious ending in Oxenfree, I did it!!!
And I was right!!!

So incredibly awesome.

Saved everyone, saved Micheal, everyone is fine, closed the anomaly, ended the time loop.

GLORIOUS.

Voidance

I think I would like Oxenfree more if it didn't have nearly as much talking. An adventure controlling just Alex would have been more suited for my tastes.

JCho133

One of THE best months in iOS history!

Card Thief, Mushroom 11, Ticket to Earth, Guns of Mercy, TypeShift, Meganoid.... it just doesn't stop!

cafemomo

My iPad mini has been my music gaming companion on the go alongside my Vita.

Such a neato device

XebJr-80.jpg

TypeShift is so damn addictive. My only complaint is the lack of base content. I'd prefer a small upfront cost with more base packs rather than the free app as it stands. I'm going to have to be careful I don't spend too much on all these additional packs...

Just got the new iPad that came out, what games have I been missing? I keep mildly up to date on iPhone but I don't have a plus so if it's some longer game or one that isn't so good on the phone I have put it off. I've currently got FTL, Crashlands , death road to Canada and steam world heist on it but am looking for anything that controls well or is just better on an iPad

Top Bottom