• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black - new Sci-Fi thriller - Saturdays on BBC America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

That got intense really fast. Had some issues with the episode but I'll be back next week after an ending like that. Glad I kept watching.

Good pilot. I really like the cast so far, and there are a ton of hooks that have me intrigued as to where they're going from here. Definitely will keep watching this one.

Effect

I do worry though that since this is a TV series and not a mini-series (possibly being a collection of mini-series ala Luthor) they're going to drag things out. However I hope they have enough plotted so no episodes drag.

The pilot has grabbed my attention. Two specific reasons tt sat right for me, we're going to follow Sarah's process of adapting to her new identity. She's playing the part right now, but will it be too difficult to trick her boyfriend, her detective partner, and maintain everything that's going on with Alfie and the people that thinks she's dead. And finally, "clones," and whatever the mystery is revolving that.

TripOpt55

I liked it and the lead girl is rather nice-looking (always a plus!). I'll keep watching. Couldn't stop thinking about how that guy was Vaas either.

Did not enjoyed. If this is a mini-series, 2 seasons max, then it might be pretty good. The only way that I can see it being stretch pass 2 seasons is making the majority of the episodes about her solving crimes in her new identity with tidbits of the main plot each episode.

I recommend checking Contiuum out if you want to watch a Canadian Sci-if thriller.

Oh and girl looks like Michelle Rodriguez, it would have been genius if they had casted her.

TheOddOne

I kept thinking she was going to have a "Psych" moment picking up info from the scene.

So, two clones are already dead? That was fast.

Sober

As someone from Toronto, there was some blatantly obvious Toronto shots which were hilarious. Guess they aren't trying to hide that it's Canada at least, right?

Pretty thrilling, so I'm hooked for a few more for now.

Kinda odd she didn't notice her German clone or anything though.

on a more crass note, dat ass and dat sideboob

Watched this last night. Me and my cousin were just cracking jokes the entire time. It was alright. Didn't really completely hook me though... but I'll tune in again next week. I find the lead super unsympathetic, hahaha. But she's got a great rear.

Effect

Watched this last night. Me and my cousin were just cracking jokes the entire time. It was alright. Didn't really completely hook me though... but I'll tune in again next week. I find the lead super unsympathetic, hahaha. But she's got a great rear.

That was part of my issue with it. I don't feel all that bad for her and I'm not actually cheering for at all either. Hopefully that will change. I'm more curious as to what will happen next. I'm hoping that one of the other clones that have yet to be introduced will actually be more likable.

Hmm. I just realized. They can kill her off, at least this particular character, at any time once they introduce and establish some of the others. I will not be surprised if they did this. It would be an interesting way of keeping things fresh and allow the actress more freedom in terms of how she acts.

Ricker

Dat last 5 minutes...pretty good overall,will definetly keep watching because I want to know what the hell is going on lol...actor who did Vaas in Far Cry 3 is in there also,I was wondering where I saw him before...

raebodep

I really liked the first episode.

Anyone else remember the lead as ghost?

pBV6cBL.jpg

As someone from Toronto, there was some blatantly obvious Toronto shots which were hilarious. Guess they aren't trying to hide that it's Canada at least, right?

It takes place in toronto. It's pretty refreshing to see a canadian show not pretend to be from somewhere else just for viewers.

Danj

Why is there a show being produced by the BBC that doesn't seem to be on in the UK :( I checked Digiguide, I checked the Radio Times, I checked iPlayer, but all I got was this:

9Nojrim.png

Why is there a show being produced by the BBC that doesn't seem to be on in the UK :( I checked Digiguide, I checked the Radio Times, I checked iPlayer, but all I got was this:

9Nojrim.png

BBC America is only really linked to BBC by name. It operates very differently to how BBC in the UK operates. Advertising, etc.

Tokubetsu

I know it was the first ep and all but holy shit was this fast pacing. Even by CW shows lets bring up issues and deal with them this very episode style pacing this was still really fucking fast. They wasted no time throwing the main character and her bff in the deep end. Gonna be interesting to see if they can keep this up. Has promise though.

At times it was mildly engaging, but at other times it was borderline atrocious. Except for the German accent, which was the very definition of atrocious.

I think I've seen enough to come to the conclusion that this isn't for me.

Quick

Banned
I'm going to give this a shot.

Edit: Paper on the fridge clearly shows "Toronto - Pearson", so they're not trying to mask Toronto as another city. That being said, it's odd that they'd rename Union Station as something else.

xbhaskarx

I wasn't too impressed, everything from the acting to the music didn't seem like top tier tv... I'll stick with it for a little while to see where the story goes.

x-Lundz-x

I wasn't too impressed, everything from the acting to the music didn't seem like top tier tv... I'll stick with it for a little while to see where the story goes.

That's what I thought about Battlestar Gallactica at first too, and then OMFG I love this show!!

I'll have to check this out and see what it's like.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
They used my building for filming some of the exterior scenes in this :p

They even came into our unit and put a reflective tint on the windows so that cameras wouldn't be able to see inside.

Quick

Banned
Okay, so there's two things that stood out:

She basically morphed into Beth in a day. Quick work for someone who didn't even have it all planned out beforehand.

Dat ass.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I liked it! I'm a huge sucker for conspiracy thrillers and this definitely scratches that itch for me. I think I would have enjoyed it a bit more if I hadn't known about the clone thing before hand, but it looks like there are still plenty of mysteries left to keep me guessing for the foreseeable future.

Really? I thought the main actress was quite good and I liked the rest of the cast well enough (especially her gay friend). I do agree with you about the music though. It was distracting and too loud and the use of 'Bad Girls' from MIA made me cringe (and I like MIA).

BBC America and FX are competing with each other for nudity.

AMC needs to step up their game if they want to have any chance at competing with them. I'm looking at you Low Winter Sun!

Okay, so there's two things that stood out:

She basically morphed into Beth in a day. Quick work for someone who didn't even have it all planned out beforehand.

Dat ass.

Yeah, I found that completely insane. Within 12 hours, she was able to fool the original's boyfriend (though I guess I can forgive it cause he was focused on dat ass), her police-trained partner, all her superiors, the people investigating her, everyone at the bank, and her shrink. Within 12 hours. By watching some home movies. She was able to perfect an American accent.

All on the fly. The hell.

I actually quite enjoyed this. If the show's momentum can continue like it did in the first episode I'll continue to enjoy it I suppose.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah, I found that completely insane. Within 12 hours, she was able to fool the original's boyfriend (though I guess I can forgive it cause he was focused on dat ass), her police-trained partner, all her superiors, the people investigating her, everyone at the bank, and her shrink. Within 12 hours. By watching some home movies. She was able to perfect an American accent.

All on the fly. The hell.

I mean, I assume she's been living there (Canada) for a while now, so I'm sure she could already do a pretty good Canadian accent. She just had to get the specifics down right. She was able to fool everyone because, I mean, she looks exactly like Beth, sounds exactly like Beth, and calls herself Beth. They might think she's a little "off", but they have no reason to think she's not who she says she is.

I mean, I assume she's been living there (Canada) for a while now, so I'm sure she could already do a pretty good Canadian accent. She just had to get the specifics down right. She was able to fool everyone because, I mean, she looks exactly like Beth, sounds exactly like Beth, and calls herself Beth. They might think she's a little "off", but they have no reason to think she's not who she says she is.
Not to mention that if she's had a problem with pills in the past, her acting a little erratic would be more of a warning sign that her meds are off rather than "oh, this is a different person."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom